Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 03-01-2019, 11:30 PM
Master

Readers you're inspired by

Opening note - we're not allowed to advertise here so you won't be able to post any links etc

Just wanted to start up a thread where we can discuss readers we love - I think it's a really important and valuable part of everyone's development process as a reader :)

I really like:

Theresa Reed (The Tarot Lady): I miss her 48-hr email readings (it's so nice to re-read readings later), but acknowledge that when you go BIG, you have to make changes to your business model - plus, it's more time efficient in tarot to speak verbally rather than type things out. She's so practical (minimal woo-woo!!!), straight-to-the-point, but also nurturing and so supportive of other people in the industry. Her standard 4-card layout was a big part of shaping the formulative years of my tarot development and she posts super-helpful articles on her blog all the time. Her body of work is really impressive; this lady produces content (blog, podcasts, books), and goes HARD. Mad props to a legend in the making. Her astrology knowledge is also seriously on-fleek; her Saturn Returncast reading is seriously powerful and loaded with great suggestions for self-improvement.

Tyler Henry (Hollywood Medium): I know, more of a classic psychic/medium than a tarot reader - but really impressed by him and also, in the way he talks. Have you noticed, he never really says anything bad about anyone, and can always find something wonderful and positive to focus on no matter what the subject matter? Part of divination is not just the skill to 'divine' but also in how the content is communicated to the querent and I think Tyler does this with incredible tact and compassion. Every time I see snippets of him in action on Youtube, I'm always motivated to work harder at my tarot soft-skills.

Shirley Lipner: Been seriously interested in this lady since I saw her on a Buzzfeed episode ("Ladylike - A Psychic Predicted Our Futures"). I'm sure there was some editing behind this, but the ease at which she spit out clairvoyant details was EPIC and really raised the bar for me. I've basically never seen someone roll so intuitively with such ease and confidence - and she's so FUNNY and approachable too! I think I watched that video about three or five times; it really motivated me to work on trusting the cards and trusting my intuition, and since then I feel my accuracy's taken a jump for the better, which is great. Like all my favourite readers, her soft skills are amazing, and hearing/watching her work motivates me to really think deeply on the delivery of my readings (and how I want my querents to feel).
Old 04-01-2019, 01:01 AM
Master
For me, the readers I'm inspired by are tealily and PiscesMoon. Bet that made you laugh. No, seriously, they were serious catalysts for my own Tarot journey and I don't think I'd be nearly as far on my path without their guidance.

I don't mind Theresa Reed, but can't really think of anyone else who really rocks my boat.

I haven't heard to Tyler Henry or Shirley Lipner, so I'll have to google them.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Master
I don't know any of these readers. I didn't follow any reader when I was learning Tarot either, and I still don't.
I always liked Pisces Moon's readings & interpretations and that has been of big help at times, very inspiring. She helped broaden my mind to what else was possible beyond default interpretations, which I have found to be very limiting.
Helpful as a foundation, yes, but once you got that, limiting as hell.

I have started to follow a number of readers on YouTube since about a year. First a reader on TFs, then another one. I learnt a lot from them, and it inspired me further.
Now I'm following several readers on YouTube, not for educational purposes, but to enjoy their pick a card or Taurus readings, my sign.

But following readers to learn, I have never really done that.
Oh, hang about, there is one, but that's on Lenormand: Rana George. I bought her book, and boy has that proven to be helpful!
Old 04-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
For me, the readers I'm inspired by are tealily and PiscesMoon. Bet that made you laugh. No, seriously, they were serious catalysts for my own Tarot journey and I don't think I'd be nearly as far on my path without their guidance.

Same here. I went from being an Oracle card affiicianado to a full-blown serious student of Tarot inspired by tealily and PiscesMoon, and will always be grateful to them for opening up a new depth of outlook as well as shadow work.

One tip from PiscesMoon was to not ignore the writings of Barbara Moore and Ciro Marchetti.

I’m acquainted with utube offerings, starting way back with Doreen V.
With all due respect, these do not resonate with me anymore. I don’t have an hour plus to spend on a utube reading meant for everyone when I can pull some answers for myself in less time. Having said that, will def check out some of the readers listed above. lol
Old 05-01-2019, 03:01 AM
Deactivated Account

I agree, Pisces Moon was a really inspiring teacher, and to think she helped/gave us tips here for absolutely nothing/no cost.

I love the Tarot Lady, quick and to the point.

There is a number of people on Instagram who really inspire me, they are mostly intuitive readers, they are more about personal & inner development, not the 'play' or business aspect of it. One user name is 'dance of the soul', she reads her cards like poetry. I really dig that type of card play ( personal development). There is a woman on youtuve who does reviews on almost every single card deck, her name is 'TruthInstory', I love love her card reviews.

I'll have to check Shirley out when I get a chance, Tealily. Other than that, I normally don't follow or take instruction from anyone. Of course, I am not in the business of tarot.
Old 05-01-2019, 03:58 AM
Master

Aww @Pandora and @Anne.

The love is real; I've really enjoyed practicing tarot with the peeps on SF and I'm sure Pisces will love reading the posts on this thread next time she's around too :)