Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBuck72
Almost immediately those of us who demanded actual proof for the claims, or back up sources, were attacked by other people as being mean, self-centered, too mainstream, not spiritually advanced enough, too closed minded, etc.

I love when this happens. I don't know why, I just do- being attacked on a forum brings out people's real emotions behind the cool spiritual barrier. I can't tell you how many times I've been told to open my mind more. Well now, I don't want my brain to fall out!

As for bandwagons, I am frankly tired of the TF idea. And the western interpretation of Kundalini. And a lot of eastern philosophy that's been warped into something totally different.. I have a laundry list of things that rub me the wrong way, so I don't even bother with them anymore.. I know better than to bother someone just for their beliefs, agreeing with mine or not. It's a big world, there's more than enough room for people to believe whatever they want.
Old 24-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Seperate_Reality

I have trouble with someone asking for and using the word "proof". I have learned and realized quite a lot spiritually, but cannot Prove this to someone else, nor feel a need too. What is true for someone is true for them and what is not true is not true. Therefore, spirituality is quite subjective. An individual might ask themselves, am I getting the results I expected and then some? That is the only proof I need, "does it work?" I was fortunate to find a non-faith based religion that contains the whole body of exact and correct knowledge of life itself. It most certainly works...
Old 24-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
You are perceiving a real bias about critical thinking in new age writing. It goes much deeper than this, but fortunately this bias is not shared by all new age writers. Some have some really excellent in depth articles that use both the heart & brain.
Great post mattie. I enjoyed reading it!