Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-12-2019, 10:20 AM
Knower

Why are sidefects of spirtual awakening and schizophrenia coinciding for many people?

Why it is coinciding and what is the remedy to cure those side effects or where should people go for solving those?
Old 31-03-2020, 07:04 PM
Seeker

When you awake you have been sleeping inside your own self. So after waking up in a spirutal way you will find that there is more than one of you.

Its like before you woke up you was on auto pilot. Then you get woken up but the auto pilot is still running.

Its ok if there is schizophrenia, it was pretty much going to happen anyway until you can turn off the auto pilot (If you really want to)
As long as the auto pilot and you get on and there is enough control then I would not worry.
A good positive to this is you can become your own guide.

Please feel free to message me if you wanna chat some more my friend :-)
Old 31-03-2020, 07:46 PM
Master
The only time I've heard of problems arising is when people are awakened by for instance a Reiki master and are not ready for it yet.
You then get a system overload as it isn't natural to go about it this way. I was told about a man becoming totally psychotic after his Reiki master did that. His wife -who told me that- was also seriously affected for months but she was strong enough to recover.
I have heard more stories like that concerning Reiki.

I think things can only go awry when people force 'awakening' or are forced into it.
Apart from that, don't forget that many many many people with mental illnesses feel drawn to spirituality, or what they think it is.
They come up with stories that the voices they hear are spiritual instead of having to do with their mental issues.
I've ran a spiritual forum, was a mod on a very large spiritual forum, and have been here for some years. You see it everywhere, people with mental disorders and problems showing up.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Master

Yes, and often physical or emotional trauma can create dissociation, severe imbalances, distortions, or porosity in the etheric webs which normally insulate various chakras, allowing other dimensions to penetrate and intrude into waking consciousness involuntarily and chaotically. This is the source of much disturbance seen as mental health issues, especially schizophrenia. It happens from a sudden, strong or repeated shock(s)- like you say "not ready" - not an organic growth or organized integrated progression - that's why there is so much attendant confusion in the being when this happens.

Eventually the mental health community will understand this.

The other part is from the incorrect assumption that mere contact with other dimensions is somehow necessarily spiritual which is not true and part of the incessantly conflicted positions (and sterile debate) on any spiritual discussion site.

Spirituality necessarily involves the deliberate consecration of life in whatever form or path ... to the Divine, to Source, to God - not simply that which is non-physical energetic phenomena.

~ J

Last edited by Jyotir : 01-04-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:21 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
Why it is coinciding and what is the remedy to cure those side effects or where should people go for solving those?
The side effects are not coinciding, the side effects are the same. The only real difference is the labels people hang on them for their own reasons, thinking you're Spiritual has much more kudos than acknowledging you have a mental health issue.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4031576/

I'm on the schizophrenia spectrum, I have a 'fractured' personality due to childhood trauma.

While people in the fields of mental health, psychology, neurology etc. can encompass Spirituality, for the most part Spiritual people can't encompass anything other than Spirituality.
https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mental-hea...-mental-health

It's only a problem when people aren't being honest with themselves. Sometimes a 'Spiritual Awakening' may not be an awakening, it could be nothing more than the person fooling themselves into thinking that they are bigger/better than they really are - ego on the rampage. One of the problems with Spirituality is that there are no objective criteria as to whether a person is Spiritual or not, or whether they are awakened or not. Declaring yourself as being Spiritually Awake can mean anything you like but underpinning that could be cognitive dysfunction.
https://psychcentral.com/lib/in-dept...ioral-therapy/
Old 01-04-2020, 07:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The side effects are not coinciding, the side effects are the same. The only real difference is the labels people hang on them for their own reasons, thinking you're Spiritual has much more kudos than acknowledging you have a mental health issue.

I'm on the schizophrenia spectrum, I have a 'fractured' personality due to childhood trauma.

While people in the fields of mental health, psychology, neurology etc. can encompass Spirituality, for the most part Spiritual people can't encompass anything other than Spirituality.

Not everyone has mental health issues, but everyone can benefit from "spiritual" practices such as meditation, mindfulness, spending time in nature, practising compassion, etc.

Perhaps Greenslade's particular circumstances and background mean that he sees everything through the lens of "mental health issues".

Those of us who are fortunately free from such mental health issues can pursue our spiritual journey without reducing it to the side effects of some mental imbalance.

Peace
Old 01-04-2020, 10:49 PM
Master
In my honest opinion, my brutally honest opinion...

There is a very strong penchant and persuasion for the medical (including psychiatric) establishment to view individuals as a "group of symptoms" according to outdated and outmoded ideologies and then apply such generalised labels across the board.

For example, if someone was to tell others a few months ago to be prepared for what is happening now because they saw "patterns" and "signs" in the economy, then they would have been labeled as being "delusional" and "schizophrenic" isn't it?

One word which should never exist is "overreacting" because each of us reacts how we NEED to and there is no set standard in regards to the "accepted level" of reaction in response to any given stimuli.

So, they give up talking to others because nobody ever believes them now they have got the stigma(ta) of having a diagnosed "mental illness" so they go about just preparing themselves and turning other people away because they cannot stand the mocking condescension any more.....keeping their "social distance" and doing all the cool things BEFORE it was cool to do so (like a true hipster)...eg wearing Mylar hats to protect themselves from 5G radiation...while other people laugh at them and call them "crazy".

Then, when it turns out that the "schizophrenic" was right all along, they are sitting pretty while everyone else (all the 'normal' people) rush around in a blind panic when their perfect house of cards comes crashing down around them and those who have been diagnosed as having schizophrenia have only three words to say to them all...."told you so".

The way things are going, many people seem to have totally "lost the plot", so I actually wouldn't be too concerned about having schizophrenia in today's social behavioural climate.... because there are a LOT of "sick puppies" out there..just watch the nightly news.

I was reading a story today which made me break down in tears...sobbing for hours and not much can do that. It concerns the biased perceptions and judgmental assumptions of others when the truth is FAR from what it appears to be on the surface - or what people WANT to believe irrespective of what IS:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-students.html

I am still crying...stuff like this really gets to me, guys. =(

I have looked inside myself to see what makes me react this way.....yeah, other people's cruelty and their attempts to shame and punish me because they only thought/believed they knew what was going on, but they were all wrong... yet I couldn't speak out or speak up for myself because they were all in positions of power and authority. This was a recurring theme throughout my childhood and into early adulthood AND it still happens...this just touched a raw nerve that has been exposed during the current global crisis.

THIS is what "drove me" to embrace Spirituality as being some kind of "alternative" to all of that....it is also what got me diagnosed as being schizophrenic many years later when I started feeling sad and sorry for an "unawakened world".

Things like that story above has a VERY powerful message.....but only IF one has the eyes to see and read into it the intended message the universe gives them...because for everyone else, it is going to be "who cares?... people are people, man! Get over it".....some of us just cannot "get over it" and we are the schizophrenic ones.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:47 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Not everyone has mental health issues, but everyone can benefit from "spiritual" practices such as meditation, mindfulness, spending time in nature, practising compassion, etc.

Perhaps Greenslade's particular circumstances and background mean that he sees everything through the lens of "mental health issues".

Those of us who are fortunately free from such mental health issues can pursue our spiritual journey without reducing it to the side effects of some mental imbalance.

Peace

Some people see through there own lens of ignorance nor have any direct experiencing.

Like Greenslade,i identify with having a 'fractured' personality and in fact is not a mental disorder nor some mental imbalance.

The fact is,it's the identification of yin and yang,we are not one,but two and don't solely identify based on our sexual organs.

And that's where people get mislead don't they.

So before someone starts throwing apples at truths,they may want to start and look at there inner core.

Cheers
Old 02-04-2020, 08:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I guess it says a lot when you have to resort to these kinds of tactics.

Quote:
In your intentional ignorance, how would you know? Are you aware of your personality disorder?
Old 02-04-2020, 08:45 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
Like Greenslade,i identify with having a 'fractured' personality and in fact is not a mental disorder nor some mental imbalance.
My own is the result of childhood abuse, and I can recall in detail the night it happened. It's a cognitive disorder that is the result of trauma, my brain tried to escape the reality of the pain and emotional betrayal by compartmentalising itself and 'shutting down' parts. Because I couldn't identify with myself the way 'normal' people do it skewed my personal development. I still struggle with that today to the extent of not being able to acknowledge the 'good stuff' I do, and I find it difficult to accept that some people respect me. It's a cognitive disorder strictly speaking, and I'll find out soon if I'm cognitive behaviourally sound when the report comes back.

In the context of Life's Purpose I understand how my experiences have made me what I am today, and given the choice I would go back and not change a single thing - I would go through it all again. Because of who I am people are walking the earth that would have died if I'd not been there, and their offspring would never have existed. When I first met my wife she was a mess after having suffered years f emotional, physical and sexual abuse, and it took me a long time to put her back together again.

It just annoys me when subjects like this come up and people with no clue become expert psychologists and psychiatrists because thy have an opinion. There are people who are genuinely experiencing mental health issues or just need guidance to help them come up with their own understandings.

As for a Spiritual Awakening, often it's nothing more than a rite of passage and is just a part of the 'normal' road to maturity as people's paradigms shift and they realise there's Life beyond their own backsides. It happens to pretty much most people along the way and it's as Spiritual as puberty.