Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Knower

Please someone help. I am facing side effects due to coming to spiritual path.

I am really facing rough time due to spiritual awakening and persistent practice of astral projection. Through a book i came to know that there is something like astral projection by doing which we can stop our suffering and improve our health and all but in the process of doing so i am facing a lot of side effects like losing interest in material and practical life, i dont have any passion to do any practical things, don't know how to cope with the people how don't have this experience. Please give some suggestion if any of enlightened person or awakened person has solution for this. In what profession awakened people fit into, please clarify me.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:47 PM
Knower
Perhaps try “mundaneing” after practice. Simply try to focus on completely mundane, even boring, things, like what you plan to have for dinner, whether you’re low on loo roll, etc. This can help ground you.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:54 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastthemirror
Perhaps try “mundaneing” after practice. Simply try to focus on completely mundane, even boring, things, like what you plan to have for dinner, whether you’re low on loo roll, etc. This can help ground you.
Tried, not able to come out
Old 05-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
If you've decided you can't then there's no hope.

Might be better to decide you can and will - and do as Pastthemirror has suggested - distract yourself with things on the mundane world. Write (about anything except spiritual matters), play music, watch comedy TV, take up a craft, dance, read between the time you go to bed and sleep so you don't fall back into your negativity. And hide those spiritual books until things brighten up. Look for something good about every day on the mundane.

There's nothing worse than deciding you can't do something that you really need to do.

If you really can't then you need professional help.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:01 AM
Knower
Quote:
It does take practice.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:22 AM
Master
Quote:
I am really facing rough time due to spiritual awakening and persistent practice of astral projection. Through a book i came to know that there is something like astral projection by doing which we can stop our suffering and improve our health and all but in the process of doing so i am facing a lot of side effects like losing interest in material and practical life, i dont have any passion to do any practical things, don't know how to cope with the people how don't have this experience. Please give some suggestion if any of enlightened person or awakened person has solution for this. In what profession awakened people fit into, please clarify me.
You could always stop the practice of Astral Projection if it is causing unwanted side effects. Certain practices on the spiritual path are not for everyone.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:14 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
You could always stop the practice of Astral Projection if it is causing unwanted side effects. Certain practices on the spiritual path are not for everyone.
I have stopped but yet it is like irreversible, means the change it done to my mind cannot be reversed
Old 06-12-2019, 05:58 AM
Master
Quote:
I have stopped but yet it is like irreversible, means the change it done to my mind cannot be reversed
What makes you think that it cannot be reversed?
Old 06-12-2019, 06:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
What makes you think that it cannot be reversed?
I mean that it changed my nature in such a way that i cannot show interest in the things i used to do like going for practical success entertainment etc, don't know why it feels so new to u when u are an experienced in spirituality, just asking nothing like judging u. I no more watch tv or play games etc after awakening and astral projection, please guide me if u can
Old 06-12-2019, 07:55 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I mean that it changed my nature in such a way that i cannot show interest in the things i used to do like going for practical success entertainment etc, don't know why it feels so new to u when u are an experienced in spirituality, just asking nothing like judging u. I no more watch tv or play games etc after awakening and astral projection, please guide me if u can

I find the changes a feature and not a bug.