Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 28-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Enlightenment to me, at least the way I've always understood it, is our natural state of beingness. It is just the illusions of our mind that make it seem like some unattainable state. But in fact it is who we are, warts and all.
Old 28-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Deactivated Account

I can put it this way, it's like looking in a mirror for the first time and seeing yourself reflected back. You are surprised at seeing yourself, but that's all you've ever been, yourself! Enlightenment is just looking into the mirror for the first time. It's more of a perception, than a change of our innate identity.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:47 AM
Pathfinder

Enlightenment is just my Nick Name in Neverland.
Because I'm enlightened as fracking for fun.
Enlightenment - In light, men are dark.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Master

Hi Jared.L,

The spontaneous awareness of higher consciousness - whether momentary or continuous.

~ J
Old 03-03-2017, 05:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Smile I'm OK

For me, enlightenment (lighter or lit up) is about being OK here and now, just as I am in this moment. I'm OK sitting here in the morning cold, typing away and FEELING OK. I'd like to be constantly or permanently "enlightened" but that's now how it is right now so I welcome any feeling or state of "enlightenment" that happens or that I can allow to happen. Things just "happen" and so I welcome any moments of OKness that show up here. "Self love" could be another definition of enlightenment.
To each his own.........
Old 03-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
For me, it's the destruction and crumbling of everything you thought to be real. It's stripping away at untruths. It's getting to a peaceful state of being, until of course the next layering of stripping occurs... Get a helmet, its a wild ride..

Ain't that the Truth!
Old 30-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Suspended
Knower
Enlightenment

Well for the Saton I imagined, with My meditations I tricked it into hurting itself, had it magick trick itself into burning in all the stars, puffing out what heaven wants, and since Saton is going to end up everyone' dark arts magick points go to *****, I have to compensate by making the good parts of the Universe bigger, and compensate proportionally with having to be unfair by burning it and whipping it in hell forever. If when I am done here and after My millennium off, son-of Jor-El and Lara, Me off to the next place with a God complex again, to wherever and whatever I got to do to it next.
Old 30-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Suspended
Knower
Enlightenment

Well for the Saton I imagined, with My meditations I tricked it into hurting itself, had it magick trick itself into burning in all the stars, puffing out what heaven wants, and since Saton is going to end up everyone' dark arts magick points go to *****, I have to compensate by making the good parts of the Universe bigger, and compensate proportionally with having to be unfair by burning it and whipping it in hell forever. If when I am done here and after My millennium off, son-of Jor-El and Lara, Me off to the next place with a God complex again, to wherever and whatever I got to do to it next.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Ascender
Hi Jared

Defining "enlightenment " is like limiting any future possibilities and having a short rope in my hand - to measure up "this" or "that" against one another ( critical thinking ) How could I possibly find some enlightening information with these restrictions if I define "enlightenment" and it's meaning ?

I have to say I've asked the same question before myself and have shared my thoughts on what it may mean with others . I think there are endless possibilities for an answer depending on each individuals search for enlightenment on any one particular question they may have at that time - and then again - that may change somewhere further down the track too! :)

Just my thoughts of course :) *hugs*

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 05-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Ascender
And then I find this quote lol

"Enlightenment is growing all the time . It is not something which happens once and then is complete"

Thich Nhat Hanh

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ