Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-07-2019, 03:56 PM
Angel1

For me, getting on a Spiritual Path is and was a deliberate decision.

I stood one evening in my bedroom realizing I was surrounded by complete idiots in college, (I again put out a fire, while others
were panicking, fire trucks came, I had taken care of the whole thing ...
my 3rd fire I alone took care of while others were completely worthless...
ha, one a mattress on fire, stuffed into the only exit ...black kids lit, out of boredom, to see what the white college girls would do!)

It was a turning point...I said to myself, "Whatever I graduate with I will still be in the same place...
how will anything be different?

What I need to go for is the deeper...the spiritual...the profound...
like the purpose here...and deep happiness...wisdom."
I was resolute.

Next day I packed and left for Key West, Florida with my little doggy.
(From NY.)
From there on I was deliberately on an Inner Truth mission, ha....to find ''It".
So far so good! I found 'It' within 1.5 years.
(Basically, going within, in deep, long meditation with esoteric techniques.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
What brought you to the spiritual path? Was it an experience? A book? An inborn longing? Where you called, as they say? Share your story. We're all unique and so is our path - even if the ultimate destination is the same.

Hi Uma,

Young, I got the chance to pass all my days in Nature, when I was not at school, near a lake surrounded by mountains in the forest. I did not know anything about the word spirituality and my parents did not talk about it even if, I found out latter, they where highly spiritual beings. Nature was my source of spirituality.

I also had a gift for sciences - maths, chemistry and physics mostly. In primary school, I had already finished the six grade program in maths while being in third grade. They did not know what to do with me at school. So of course they made me jump a few years of school. At 14, I already understood the special and general relativity of Einstein and quantum physics. My physic teacher would simply write the beginning of a formula on the board and ask the class who would come and develop it. I would get up and finish the course while the teacher was sitting at my place. Strangely enough my knowledge in science did not come from studying books. I already knew about it. And my dreams where all about flying in between galaxies and atoms. Still did not know the word spirituality existed. But my relation to the universe was already very spiritual using the concepts of sciences.

At 16 my father gave me a book in French called "Trésor des humble", Treasury of the humble, by Maurice Maeterlinck a Belgium Mystic. It really changed my perception of life from then. I did not know before that that others had developed a langage for describing what I was experiencing in the Universe. I would not say that my spiritual path started from that point. It had already started. Just that I found out that there has been and is others on that path since the beginning of time and that it's possible to share about it to a certain extent.

In all humility.
Old 13-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Master
.....I'm loving all these stories!.........
Old 13-07-2019, 07:57 PM
'The Mysticism of Maeterlinck'...thank you, Legrand.

I particularly liked pages 7-8 of 18 of the samples from the book.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1507429...o_tab_contents

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-07-2019, 08:45 PM
Master

I just posted this on a different thread but it seems to also fit here.

I began consciously searching for spiritual answers as a confused teenager in my first term at university in the UK. My search was motivated by suffering, my own suffering and the suffering I had seen around me. And growing up in Asia, I had seen plenty of suffering, particularly in Calcutta which in December 1971 was flooded with refugees from the war in what was then East Pakistan.

So I was at a party in Brighton on the south coast, having consumed a quantity of mushrooms and had a few spliffs when I became very inward looking. Suddenly I was struck with a clear knowing that I was searching for peace and love and happiness and I would never find these things in the external world because they were all within me, and I had to clean up my life, become vegetarian and begin meditating (even though I had no idea what meditation was). For me, this was a clear message from the Soul.

Two days later, back at university I came across a meditation group doing Shabd Yoga, and that has been my path and practice ever since.

Everything happens with perfect timing.

Peace.
Old 16-07-2019, 03:17 PM
hazada guess

The thing that bought me to the spiritual path was being there when mr mother passed over from late stage dementia.
I thought this can't be it,where do you go?Are you happy there.
Since then i've been to a spiritualist church here in the UK a few times and had messages from different mediums from my late mother that only she would have known.
Old 18-07-2019, 11:17 PM
Newbie ;)

For me it came natural to me to be honest. I have a deep desire to understand and explain my surroundings. This desire has driven me to search explenations elsewhere than more general knowledge. As a child i had developped my own meditation techiques to deal with my 'inside world'.