Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Lindsay_1177

struggling

Im really growing Spiritually and I love it as some of the dots are starting to connect and I feel not so alone in the world.

But I am struggling with opening up and closing. It kinda hard for me to explain. If I open up to someone spiritually I find I can't turn it off when I want. And it results in picking up some of there not so good emotion that I dont want. I suppose I need some protection or ways to be able to open and not take things with me. I want to be able to pick it up but not carry it.

I hope this makes some sorta sense to some one.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:46 AM
silent whisper

Hi Lindsay. I understand this space your experiencing. To open fully to others, in the intial stage, we are open to it all. Most times those spaces we pick up on that linger in us offer to us the insight to what we might be resisting in us. Sometimes the not so good emotions can feel quite intense, but if your willing to feel and let go of them however you need to then that in itself helps you to build foundation with others to remain fully open and eventually not take on.

An ideal tool is to ground yourself well, either affirming with affirmations or grounding exercises before you practice opening fully with others.

I am curious as to which emotion you might be picking up on that feels difficult for you to feel and let go of?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:05 AM
mattie

Managing The Energy Environment (All external energies)

You’re in charge of how much you connect to others or not. It’s a learned skill & the more we do it the more capable we become. Have patience w/ your self in learning this. You can actively discharge any energies you’ve inadvertently allowed into the sanctity of your personal energy field.

Distanced observer is another learned skill. We can fully empathize w/ others, yet still maintain a productive (& protective) distance. We can fully appreciate the place they are w/o BEing in that same place our self in the same way we would if it were our own emotion or thought.

It will begin to make sense & pull together much faster than you might think. Many others have gone through the same stage you're in right now.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay_1177
Im really growing Spiritually and I love it as some of the dots are starting to connect and I feel not so alone in the world.

But I am struggling with opening up and closing. It kinda hard for me to explain. If I open up to someone spiritually I find I can't turn it off when I want. And it results in picking up some of there not so good emotion that I dont want. I suppose I need some protection or ways to be able to open and not take things with me. I want to be able to pick it up but not carry it.

I hope this makes some sorta sense to some one.

I'd go along with Mattie on this one. If it helps to vilualise, think of a coffee filter. The filter lets some of the stuff you want through but stops the other stuff that you don't, otherwise you end up with yech! coffee. Think of it the same way. When you open it lets everything through. There is energy in an interaction between two people and when you open then you're open, and you get everything coming through. Use a 'coffee filter' to let the good stuff through and leave the yech! behind. If it helps, visualise a filter between you. Now you're going to tell me you don't drink coffee :-)

Sometimes we also pick up on energies that we seem to hold onto for some strange reason. If you do there is a very simple exercise you can try. Sit in an upright chair (like a dining room chair) and sit with your back straight, feet firmly on the floor and legs not crossed. Cup your hands in your lap. Now, imagine all the energies you don't want flowing through your body, out of your navel and into your hands. When you think you've got them all, raise your hands and spread them slightly as you raise them, imagine that you're giving those energies back to the Universe where they belong.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:32 AM
Lindsay_1177

Thanks you so much Greenslade! Im actually going to do this right after i write this message.

I may have found the "root" to my problem. I did a Chakra check and as i thought my root Chakra was outta wack! I had some work done on it but I do still feel not so right.

I seem to pick up sad often and I can often tell when it is mine or someone else. I thought after my last encounter with some sad energy picking up that I had it beat and i knew how to protect my self from it. I was wrong.

I ultra sensitive to energy. I dont only pick up on peoples energy, I see it everywhere in almost everything. I believe I was born with this casue one of my first memories is seeing energy as asking my bro if he sees the little lights dancing in the sky... He did see it lol

No matter what I have experienced, from talking to my dead grandpa at 9 years old to hating the zoo cause I would pick up on the sad craziness of the animal, no one ever "believed" me when I would talk about things. I think it came to the point when I was about 18 that my parents wanted me to get checked my doc... Conclusion: always thinking I was crazy. Still kinda do.

Growing up most people found me to intense or strange so I didnt have many people in my life. I found that maybe life was better to hid all the things I felt/see/sense/hear. I completely shut down everything some how maybe subconsciously for about 5 years. I had little spiritual experience by accident about a year ago and I was put back exactly where I shut down at. Since then I have been growing and liking most of it. But now I face this again... My parents dont want to hear what I am doing cause it makes no sense to them. I was finally so close to my dad and now not so much. I again, dont really have friends... people like me and I run a wicked business that works with people all the time.... but no one to really talk to about whats happening with me and not judge me. I feel a strong connections with Blue Ray's and blue Aura people in general but I seldom get the same connection with them. Blue calms my soul. I think and often speak on this, what I like to call, other level and it scares people or they dont understand. I am an indigo, with out a doubt. So reading more about the indigo being is helping me understand but doesnt seem to help the emotions....

I dont even know where I am going with this LOL wow... oh wait I remember... Maybe I pick up sadness cause I am sad??

I feel like over this last year of exploring life in general had been so great then BAM, something happens to throw me completely off my access.

Cant have the rainbow with out the rain though...
Old 06-01-2012, 05:48 AM
Master
Hi, Lindsay... Just happened upon your post and thought I'd share that I just discovered the grounding well helps with protection where it comes to picking up other's energy... What you're doing by grounding is bringing your energetic field more closely aligned with and integrated into your physical body and are therefore not as vulnerable where it comes to your energy meshing with and/or picking up others.. I'm sure you know what I mean by grounding but if you don't you can google it.. A few examples that help one ground would be spending time in nature.. Exercising.. Meditation.. Anything that brings you into & more in touch with your body....

Hope that helps...♥ I know I'm going to really be focusing on this as I just discovered how intense my empathy is and how it has been affecting me..

Blessings on your journey!

Cam/EarthMamma
Old 06-01-2012, 06:10 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Thanks you so much Greenslade! Im actually going to do this right after i write this message.

I may have found the "root" to my problem. I did a Chakra check and as i thought my root Chakra was outta wack! I had some work done on it but I do still feel not so right.

I seem to pick up sad often and I can often tell when it is mine or someone else. I thought after my last encounter with some sad energy picking up that I had it beat and i knew how to protect my self from it. I was wrong.

I ultra sensitive to energy. I dont only pick up on peoples energy, I see it everywhere in almost everything. I believe I was born with this casue one of my first memories is seeing energy as asking my bro if he sees the little lights dancing in the sky... He did see it lol

No matter what I have experienced, from talking to my dead grandpa at 9 years old to hating the zoo cause I would pick up on the sad craziness of the animal, no one ever "believed" me when I would talk about things. I think it came to the point when I was about 18 that my parents wanted me to get checked my doc... Conclusion: always thinking I was crazy. Still kinda do.

Growing up most people found me to intense or strange so I didnt have many people in my life. I found that maybe life was better to hid all the things I felt/see/sense/hear. I completely shut down everything some how maybe subconsciously for about 5 years. I had little spiritual experience by accident about a year ago and I was put back exactly where I shut down at. Since then I have been growing and liking most of it. But now I face this again... My parents dont want to hear what I am doing cause it makes no sense to them. I was finally so close to my dad and now not so much. I again, dont really have friends... people like me and I run a wicked business that works with people all the time.... but no one to really talk to about whats happening with me and not judge me. I feel a strong connections with Blue Ray's and blue Aura people in general but I seldom get the same connection with them. Blue calms my soul. I think and often speak on this, what I like to call, other level and it scares people or they dont understand. I am an indigo, with out a doubt. So reading more about the indigo being is helping me understand but doesnt seem to help the emotions....

I dont even know where I am going with this LOL wow... oh wait I remember... Maybe I pick up sadness cause I am sad??

I feel like over this last year of exploring life in general had been so great then BAM, something happens to throw me completely off my access.

Cant have the rainbow with out the rain though...

If you re read your words you will see why its hard for you to fully release sadness...although I suspect this space of "I dont even know where am going with this"...."Maybe I pick up sadness cause I am sad"....might hide the clues. You can be ultra sensitive to energy but until you can hold your own "past" sadness, the intermix is often times too intense.

"Cant have the rainbow without the rain"...............when we become the rainbow and the rain..........we see the sun smiling too.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:20 AM
Lindsay_1177

You are right Silent Whisper... and I know it. It hard to deal with the past. Especially when some members are no longer here that caused some pain.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:26 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
You are right Silent Whisper... and I know it. It hard to deal with the past. Especially when some members are no longer here that caused some pain.

Yes letting go of sadness shows the sun shining now in your words. When we see with eyes that see a cause of pain and we see that without their presence we cannot fully deal......the sun smiles and touches you for a moment to warm your heart......can you not feel it amidst the rainbows and the rain?
Old 06-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Lindsay_1177

thanks Silent... your quite wonderful