Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Wanting to Learn More about Being an Empath

I'm not exactly great at keeping all my thoughts together, usually it's a jumbled mess, so bare with me.

I can feel other peoples energies, feelings, physical pain. I try to block it out, but sometimes it gets so bad that when I leave a store I have to nap. I get so drained and tired. It's like a blast, an onslaught. It makes my joints hurt, my body hurt from all the energy and feelings I feel. I can be sitting somewhere and want to weep because someone near me is projecting those feelings. It's the worst in crowds. I will not go to concerts. I can feel the energy scratching at my skin. I want to scrub myself to get it off. I feel what others are around me feeling. I have fallen asleep at concerts because it drains me that quickly.
I can look at someone and see beneath their mask. To where their feelings lie. Its ugly sometimes. I dont like those times. I usually dont look others in the eyes because it see.s to amplify it. I try to block most of this out but sometimes I get tired of fighting it and just let it happen.
I'm at a lost as to what to do or even where to learn more about it.
Old 13-12-2018, 08:12 AM
Newbie ;)

don't let people walk all over you
I think if anyone gets a chance to be heard or even experienced they will take the chance
at an energetic level you are witnessing and experiencing these feelings from people
why?
not sure.. maybe youre a really loving kind open hearted person
i dont know
just know not all peoples intentions are good and you dont have to be the punching bag for someone elses problems

are you able to feel peoples joy and love?
maybe you should focus on that idea
if you feel my pain then you should also be able to feel the joy in my heart
Old 13-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Newbie ;)

The thing is I cant stop feeling their energy. It's like there is a cloud of their energy and emotions wrapped around them and I walk past and I just soak it up without even knowing.
Old 15-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBlueEyes422
The thing is I cant stop feeling their energy. It's like there is a cloud of their energy and emotions wrapped around them and I walk past and I just soak it up without even knowing.
I have a large nose and big ears, and Noddy isn't getting him back. I'm aerodynamic and anything that comes at me is split by my nose then diverted by my car spoiler-like ears. While that sounds a but humorous hopefully, it does have a point. The art of envisoning. It is energy that you're sensing, that's what empaths do and when you think of it in those terms it begins to make sense. You can use envisioning. The trick is to use whatever vision is strongest for you, it doesn't matter if you think the flow of energy is air or water as long as the picture in your mind is strong. When you walk past someone's cloud of energy, envision you just touching or skimming their aura for a fleeting second before moving past it again. Let the feelings you have inside you just dissipate on their own, don't force them out because what we resist persists.

If you're at a concert, try envisioning yourself as a rock in a stream of other people's energies, and let their energies flow past you to leave you untouched. It's OK to allow their energies to touch you for a short time, because if you envision the stream it will be a short time. The reason it drains you so quickly is because you're putting your energies into fighting it when yo could be allowing it to flow past you anyway. Energy flows, that's the secret.

Once you become a little more used to that you'll learn all you need to learn from the energies themselves. Yes it's ugly sometimes but y'know, for all the ugly you might come across it only takes a single, beautiful Soul to make it all very worth it. Don't let yourself become so jaded you exclude yourself from that experience. Also, don't forget that for as much as they affect you, you can affect them in the same measure. You can turn ugly into beautiful.
Old 15-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Never thought about it like that. I will definitely have to put that into practice.
Old 16-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Knower

Quote:
I'm not exactly great at keeping all my thoughts together, usually it's a jumbled mess, so bare with me.

I can feel other peoples energies, feelings, physical pain. I try to block it out, but sometimes it gets so bad that when I leave a store I have to nap. I get so drained and tired. It's like a blast, an onslaught. It makes my joints hurt, my body hurt from all the energy and feelings I feel. I can be sitting somewhere and want to weep because someone near me is projecting those feelings. It's the worst in crowds. I will not go to concerts. I can feel the energy scratching at my skin. I want to scrub myself to get it off. I feel what others are around me feeling. I have fallen asleep at concerts because it drains me that quickly.
I can look at someone and see beneath their mask. To where their feelings lie. Its ugly sometimes. I dont like those times. I usually dont look others in the eyes because it see.s to amplify it. I try to block most of this out but sometimes I get tired of fighting it and just let it happen.

My God, just reading your post, I realized something about myself. I also find it hard to look people in the eyes - I see too much. Particularly with negative people - just feeling their rotten energy coming at me is more than enough!!!
Old 19-05-2019, 11:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

Hi BehindBlueEyes422,

I recently joined and saw your post. I may be able to provide some insight into your situation.

Based on the description of your experiences, I would tend to think you are the type that can absorb "toxic" or "negative" energy from others. The word "toxic" is not exactly 100% accurate. Generally, energy has neither dark nor light, positive nor negative. Its neutral. However, I'm referring to how it interacts in different circumstances. When I refer to "toxic" or "negative" energy in a person, I mean to say that the energy isn't healthy in that person. Such as excessive anger, sadness or depression in a person. So it's best that it is washed from them.

First, you have an intuitive sense of feeling these "toxic" or "negative" energy in people.

Secondly, lets say your "higher self" has the compassion to draw this away from people. Meaning, you are helping those strangers to rid themselves of "negative" energy. It may be difficult to understand this. But your human side may not know what is going on with your higher self. It takes considerable training and time to unify one's body, mind, spirit for your human side to be aware of this. And what you are doing at this invisible or spiritual level is consistent with the concept of Dao (ie. from the Dao De Jing/Tao Te Jing). In the Dao there is the concept of oneness between you and the universe. And interconnectedness or unity between all consciousnesses. Based on this unity, it wouldn't be surprising your higher self would have the compassion to allow you to draw away this "negative" energy from others.

I would suggest several things to manage this better.

MANAGING THE "NEGATIVE" ENERGY IN YOU:
It is correct for you to sleep whenever you need to. This helps to disperse that energy you have collected. Whenever you encounter this tiredness, definitely rest.

Another method to disperse this energy in you quickly is to touch a big tree for between 5-10 minutes. It is more suitable to touch a tree when the sun is out. Ideally though, the best time is in the early morning, probably from 5am-7am. Trees are connected to the earth through their roots. When you touch a tree, say with the palm of your hands, set your intent to release this "negative" energy to the tree. The tree isn't harmed. To the tree, it isn't "negative" energy. Its just energy to the tree and to nature. As you have this intuition about energy, you can also feel which tree is the most suitable to release this energy to. I wouldn't suggest you touch the tree during night time as that energy is in the reverse direction. Please try it out and let me know if it works well for you.

To not overwhelm yourself of drawing so much "negative" energy from others, before you walk into crowds, set your intent that you would only draw as much as you are capable of managing without creating instability in yourself.

BUILDING YOURSELF UP
Through training, you would be able to increase your endurance to handle more and more of this.

Terence