Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Sexual orientation and past lives?

I was wondering if there was any research or information about past lives and a persons sexual orientation. I'm a bisexual female who has an attraction to both men and women, mostly women though.
Old 18-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Master
Yeah...there absolutely is a connection for many, many folks.
Think about it. If you love a soul, you love them regardless if you or they are male or female. Whether or not you are their child, or their parent. Their brother or their sister. Their partner or their friend or their family or what have ye.

For me, I think it is very easy to understand how this can cause some folks to orient one way or the other, based on one or more lifetimes prior in which a love of souls may have run very deep. Or, due to some deep trauma experienced, or both. Etc.

For me, also, a deep love of souls doesn't necessarily mean I have to experience a sexual attraction to another. I can feel a deep platonic love for others close to me in my life -- for most others who are close to me, in fact -- and it doesn't have to go further. For me, sexual connections are very exclusive and rare and heart-based/soul-based. Put this way...the sexual connection has nothing to offer and is basically worthless without the authentic love, which both reinforces and builds up the soul connection, new or old. It's the heart and soul connection or forget it...nothing else fires real and lasting desire and so without it, sex is just gross and totally gratuitous. I think this is the way most women tend -- only wanting authentically loving touch -- but especially after we've had kids and realise we don't have to do this anymore again, ever -- not unless we want to and we're loved for who we are, full stop

Speaking of orientation, because our history to date and current era offer almost nothing in the way of authentic love between men and women in partnership...it is still new and has to be built from the ground up...I actually have thought on how much easier it would be if I were attracted to women since I could likely find plenty of women who would take the time to get to know me and authentically love me as a person and as a friend, first and foremost -- and only then seek to be intimate partners. It's really too bad, LOL.

As it is, as a straight woman, the lack of authentic love in male-female partnership has made 1) trying to get to know most men as people and as friends just exhausting and nearly pointless, and 2) has made the thought of sex absolutely repulsive to me with any man who is either unwilling or unable to take the time to get to know and love me (or any woman) authentically. So it's basically like despite my high drive, I am almost asexual by choice, given the physically repulsive, diseased, extremely unappealing, and downright slimy context of our current mainstream male-female relationship paradigm, which is just sick and rotten to the core at present and which has lacked authentic love for all of what we know as our human history on earth. Despite all this, I strive to keep the door open and to continue to meet people at the level of our mutual humanity. We are just now rounding the bend where we may finally seek a new way forward in authentic love, if more men can just begin to more fully recognise and honour our mutual humanity as equal to their own.

For many souls, the deepest love of souls they have experienced in other lives may absolutely colour their sexual orientation, which may change from one lifetime to the next. Meaning, if they loved a soul deeply in another life, perhaps as partners or perhaps as close fam...and say this lifetime say they are both gents, they may well love each other as partners again because the soul love between them is so strong. They would love one another if one was green and purple and had tentacles and loads of hair coming out of his ears, LOL. Or, certainly one of them may be gay and thus have to look for his partner elsewhere in this lifetime, even though the soul love between them is unchanged otherwise. Etc. Obviously, the soul love is the deepest driver and this bond is not one that can ever be duplicated. But folks whether gay or straight either do what they must for a partner and often make deep compromises in many areas, or else they remain single and surround themselves with the love of friends and fam.

The effect of soul connections on orientation for some is so obvious and so clarifying that I am amazed that I can't recall seeing this topic having been mentioned before. But I'm quite glad you did Because it may help a good many come to a much deeper and more compassionate understanding regarding those folks who seek same-sex partners.

I have actually come to think that on earth, it has probably been something of a gift to be same-sex oriented (if you aren't persecuted or killed of course), because you got to experience being loved from a place of potential and actual equity or parity and mutual recognition of equal worth -- which is a necessary antecedent to authentically loving one anyway. A gift (being loved from a place of equity and parity, being loved authentically) many of us have not experienced in male-female relationships -- or not here on earth anyway.

Contrast this gift, to having to deconstruct/transform and re-create your entire culture and social has we are faced with having to do today (and not a minute too soon), simply in order to allow men and women to be equally valued human beings in partnership as well as in spirit. Love of one another as equals and thus as TRUE partners has only occurred really either as best mates or as same-sex partners here on earth in our known history. So probably these experiences have been necessary in order to pave the way for how male-female partnerships need to be...equals in worth and standing and mutual regard, within partnership. I think you'd have to have lived lives on other "earths" to have experienced male-female partnerships AND lifelong friendships in this context of authentic love and parity. Here, it is still groundbreaking, sadly. But I do remember other places and I do know that something here is badly wrong and not as it is intended to be. I know that far, far more is doable and is possible, right here and right now. And knowledge of the reality that should be allows me a firm understanding of what can be.

And yet, even so, even where men as individuals value women much more equally and truly than here on earth...still, any lack of democratic and humanitarian rights (anywhere in the universe) always means those more physically vulnerable (e.g., women) will always be lacking true parity and will be dependent on obedience to the physically dominant (e.g., men), all of which still impedes the free will needed to freely experience authentic love in partnership. For all of these reasons, I actually have come to see the divergence of same-sex orientation as a spiritual clarion call, to point us to what authentic love in male-female partnership should look like in some very central ways...and to point us to the social supports and level of tolerance and love and equity that will be needed to create a context in which authentic love between men and women can come into being.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke

Last edited by 7luminaries : 18-12-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Old 24-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Master
I am still surprised that no one else has posted on this...too bad it still seems to be a bit taboo for some, perhaps....

As someone who can only ever recall being straight in other lives, I see so much that is deeply and fundamentally wrong with male-female relationships.

And I see how much parity, equity, dignity, respect, and humanity we need to bring to them. And how much more tolerance and acceptance and love we need to have for same-sex orientation.

I personally think there is much to learn from our different orientations.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 02-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Newbie ;)

same here ;)
Old 02-01-2018, 01:38 AM
Master

I have heard theories that gay and trans gender people had been one sex in many past lives , but changed for there new life . Lets say they had been male in several past lives , but chose to come back as female but chose to be gay . I think its not a hard and fast thing and will be different with each person .
Old 02-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Master

I say, whatever floats your boat.

No boundaries.

There is no wrong or right.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

i agree with Linen53, there is no wrong or right.... just experiences...
some ppl have it naturally and they seek love deep and forgetting about the shell (body ) and have it with both.

some ppl have it out of trauma or bad experience with the other sex so slowly they drift away and it might take more than one life time to complete sex oriantation.

if your experience bring you peace and development with same sex as opposite enjoy it . if you feel there is something deep inside and its a way to express it or hide it. find it heal it then you will know your real sex orientation.

love