Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-01-2012, 12:36 AM
springs_eternal

soul/spirit name

Not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes...

There are two "beings"... one a spirit, one an angel...that have been generous enough to work with me lately. They have been such a blessing to me the last few weeks.

I noticed that the spirit will occasionally address me by name, but it's never my given name. However, I always recognized that it was mine. I asked and was told it was the name my soul chose, and I could choose to be addressed either way as I preferred.

I am googling this, but I was wondering how many other people have learned their soul name, and what, if anything, they use it for. Honestly, I love the name, and a part of me wants to use it in my life in general. Has anyone else done this?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Greenslade

Before someone comes back and says the Soul doesn't have an identity I'd like to point something out. To all intents and purposes I consider myself human, I must be because I can sit here and type this on a keyboard. Can I also point out that you're sitting reading it?

It's pretty common knowledge that we have a Soul, Eternal. While most of the time all we're really aware of is this bag of water, Spirits and angels perceive the Soul first then the body afterwards. In Spirit we don't need names but humans do, and using a name for you is Spirit's way of communicating with your in this existence so that your mind can grasp it. And it's also more polite than "Oi, you" lol. But to answer your question, yes I have. I don't use it for anything in particular but it helps the human side of me connect with my Soul/Higher Self/etc and understand my existence a little bit better. Having the illusion of something external to ourselves can help our understanding of who and what we are. Imagine you could clone yourself, what would you look like?
Old 08-01-2012, 02:14 PM
springs_eternal

Interesting pov, Greenslade. And they did tell me it was the name my soul chose to be addressed by. I think I assigned it the value of being my soul's name. It could easily be just something to call me lol. thanks for the different perspective :)
Old 08-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Master
Eternal--

Makes sense to me since each soul may have lived many incarnations each with a name. After a while the name is meaningless, as I learned pretty quickly from guides. Mine answer to anything, don't mind what you call 'em and refrain from giving out names--in my experience.

I just find it frustrating not knowing if I'm addressing the same spirit by different names. One I call "J'ecoute" because after I had been looking in third eye for someone to show up, saying (in my head) "Hey, is anyone out there? Hello!" But I'm not sure this isn't my master guide--or one of the others I already "named" something else.

But it totally makes sense to me that as souls we would finally get to a point where we picked our own names! Do you want to share yours? Just curious.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 08-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Master
All names the body is given at each birth are meaningless to spirit.
We absolutely have one name which our soul is known by, for eternity.
How great that you found out yours, springs eternal.

I started a thread about this somewhere, maybe in soul forum.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Bluegreen

Having read Michael Newton's Destiny of Souls, among others, I would say that we have a different name in the spirit realm. From other reading I gather that it is best not to divulge your 'real' name.