Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Master
I exist, and I must die. soul vs incarnation

I experienced something recently. I realized that I exist in a very powerful way. I realized a part of my existence that always has existed, always will exist, and is much more vast, old, and powerful than the surface level identity I always thought myself to be.

For so long I worried about the pain in my life, how my life is merely a reflection of my soul, and what that meant for my identity after death. Now I realize that this life is a separate experience from my true experience, it is a limit on what is unlimited.

Now I see that all of the pain in my life is limited to my life. When this life is over, the pain will be too. My true nature is separate from this life, although divinely intertwined. What happens in this life has no real affect on my true nature. Experiencing pains and sorrows now does not leave a tarnish on my true identity.

I realized that when I leave this limited identity after death I will always love it, always hold it dear and close to me. It will exist alongside me, within me, but it will never bind me again. When it's course is run, it will have peace as I now have peace. When it's service is done, it will be rewarded after death. It can have peace, or it can have it's own divine nature as I have had through it. It can exist without existing within me, it can exist alongside me, or it can exist with it's own inner nature as I did through it, it can have it's own soul and ego.

Realizing this I began to feel deep acceptance for the way my life is now. I realized that there are different portions of my existence. They all have the same I quality, but some are limited and subject to death, some are unlimited and can never die.

Those that can die should be cherished, enjoyed, and loved, precisely because they are limited, not in spite of their limitations.
Old 18-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Suspended
Isn't it comforting? To know that, one day, the pain and any suffering will be gone.

I had a similar realization about my pain and how one day it will be gone, because this life will be gone. It helps me a lot to remember this realization when I'm feeling like I'm hurting
Old 19-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Realizing this I began to feel deep acceptance for the way my life is now. I realized that there are different portions of my existence. They all have the same I quality, but some are limited and subject to death, some are unlimited and can never die.

Those that can die should be cherished, enjoyed, and loved, precisely because they are limited, not in spite of their limitations.
And the magnitude and scope of this realisation is pretty much astronomical.
Old 20-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Isn't it comforting? To know that, one day, the pain and any suffering will be gone.

I had a similar realization about my pain and how one day it will be gone, because this life will be gone. It helps me a lot to remember this realization when I'm feeling like I'm hurting

Indeed it does. It is also kind of frightening because of the importance I have put on realizing I exist. If there is no I to exist anymore, there is no pain, but if there is no I to exist anymore what is there? The question still boggles my mind sometimes lol. why are we even existing now, why do we die, huge questionmarks lol.
Old 20-05-2018, 11:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
And the magnitude and scope of this realisation is pretty much astronomical.

it sure felt that way.

I was reading a book by nisagardatta majaraj recently that basically said the I quality is due to the body, when we die it does too and we return to silence. it kinda weirded me out since it was the opposite of the realization I had the other day.
Old 20-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Master

Acceptance is great, but it isn't enough. There must be a reason / goal for which we're here. If we don't meet the goal, we wasted the opportunity.
Old 21-05-2018, 12:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Acceptance is great, but it isn't enough. There must be a reason / goal for which we're here. If we don't meet the goal, we wasted the opportunity.

I understand that feeling. the "there must be a reason" but why must there be a reason?
Old 21-05-2018, 02:22 AM
Master
Because there is a reason for everything otherwise it would not be.
Old 21-05-2018, 06:12 AM
Knower

I've recently come to a similar realization myself.

Life seems so much less daunting when you understand that its all temporary, and that one's true essence is everlasting and holy.

Personally, I feel that all of our "selves" each life become a part of the soul and are cherished equally. I can't possibly fathom how this is so, but it feels right. Strangely, my own reaction to this is one of resistance. I know my pain is temporary, but its as if I don't want to "get over it", and instead be a constant, nagging reminder to my soul that "hey, you picked this life and it sucked at times." But that's just me lol.
Old 21-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
it sure felt that way.

I was reading a book by nisagardatta majaraj recently that basically said the I quality is due to the body, when we die it does too and we return to silence. it kinda weirded me out since it was the opposite of the realization I had the other day.
The best ones always do.

I was a practising medium and when I was in communication with Spirit there was always a feeling that the Spirit I was talking to had an 'I', and I remember one in particular who was almost in tears because he was missing his wife so much and was finding it difficult to move on. Whatever the definition of 'I' (the Spiritual and psychological ones differ greatly) there is 'something' of a single/individual in whatever shape or form that takes.