Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-03-2013, 12:42 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes that is another way of seeing what is beyond the mind, the true God is our true Being, this so called true God I suppose is what we experience in what is called Enlightenment, the false god being what we perceive through he mind, i think that is what is being said ?.

Yes I think it is something like that, but why not let them answer themselves: In the Gnostic view, there is a true, ultimate and transcendent God, who is beyond all created universes and who never created anything in the sense in which the word “create” is ordinarily understood. While this True God did not fashion or create anything, He (or, It) “emanated” or brought forth from within Himself the substance of all there is in all the worlds, visible and invisible. In a certain sense, it may therefore be true to say that all is God, for all consists of the substance of God.

The thing is that this true god is as I understand it beyond consciousness in any form, it simply just is (nothing). As you say we cannot even describe it even if we tried to. Like this about the Tao (Dao): Tao denotes something that is both the source and the driving force behind everything that exists. It is ultimately ineffable: "The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao."
Old 13-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Thank you Miss Hepburn for sharing your wisdom on this thread, this is what I was hoping for
when I first started the thread, after all its not all about little me lol.
Aw, and look, you got what you hoped for...what were the chances....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Everyone on this thread is very special in my opinion to stick it out here!
As Robert said, he is speaking to those that "want" to remember.
That is a big compliment guys.

This thread reminds me how funny it is to try and get anwers that the logical mind loves.
It kinda doesn't happen....
My old guru was asked, "What happens after death."
Him: "Die and see."
Him. "Many of u here were dragged here by a friend.
You're thinking I just want your money.
You know what? Don't give me any."

Robert speaks that double speak the logical mind just wants to scream when it hears.
Believe me I know.
What's the sound of one hand clapping? ~ asked by a Zen Master.
:::: Do you get it? I never did in my early 20s....now I know the answer and why the question was asked. Ha!

Throw logic outta the window.

Some of us are speaking from going beyond the misconceptions being preached here
Old 13-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
No, I don't believe that 'all' spiritual experiences are created either consciensely or even subconsciensely. I have had experiences that were so unexpected that I could never have created them myself....I am a spiritulist, so most of my experiences has to do with spirit...I once had an experience of universal love that was so deep, so profound that all I could do was to cry.... I didn,t ask for it and I didn't expect it but afterwards I felt that I was given another glimpse of the afterlife.....nothing is fabricated----even visualization can lead to a real experience.....Life is not empty unless you believe it to be.. If one focuses on what is or oneness, which could be eons away --in our time--one is missing out on so many true spiritual experiences....

Can't tell you how many such expereinces i have had as well. I even documented them.
What does it mean..................maybe I created them, maybe we are all connected and therefore such expereinces which seem beyond us are possible, maybe the imagination is very powerful, maybe....................it's a mystery.

When I say life is empty, I mean that it is observable without purpose other than to 'life'.
My life is not empty as i give it purpose.
Old 13-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Some of us are speaking from going beyond
the misconceptions being preached here
"Preached"?
Misconceptions?
Ah, " going beyond", I understand.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFE
I'm not sure, but I am beginning to question whether these so called awakening experiences-or rather ideas- may not just be delusions.
That's Ok, but find out for yourself, they maybe delusions, who knows.
Old 13-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
"Preached"?
Misconceptions?
Ah, " going beyond", I understand.

have you never believed something with all your heart. Something you would die for. Something you would lose everything for. Something you want everyone else to know and awake to (preaching)......................and then 'realize' that it was not what it seemed?
That it came from your own need to beleive or something like that?
Old 13-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFE
I'm not sure, but I am beginning to question whether these so called
awakening experiences-or rather ideas- may not just be delusions.
To see a world in a grain of sand?

Yes, I can see how you might think that was delusional or the poetry of an idealist only...
if you had not experienced it yourself.

Old 13-03-2013, 01:01 AM
silent whisper

Robert?????

I DONT WANT TO REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I REMEMBER!!!

just wanted to say that...:)
Old 13-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes I think it is something like that, but why not let them answer themselves: In the Gnostic view, there is a true, ultimate and transcendent God, who is beyond all created universes and who never created anything in the sense in which the word “create” is ordinarily understood. While this True God did not fashion or create anything, He (or, It) “emanated” or brought forth from within Himself the substance of all there is in all the worlds, visible and invisible. In a certain sense, it may therefore be true to say that all is God, for all consists of the substance of God.

The thing is that this true god is as I understand it beyond consciousness in any form, it simply just is (nothing). As you say we cannot even describe it even if we tried to. Like this about the Tao (Dao): Tao denotes something that is both the source and the driving force behind everything that exists. It is ultimately ineffable: "The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao."
Yes and they are beautiful ways of see that which IS, I love the way Gnostic's explain their inner Being, or the true God, i also feel that this was the way the story of Jesus was suppose to go, but got hijacked by the literal minded, and so we have what we call the bible.

yes there is no name for this God, or Oneness, anything we call it isn't what IS, but still we are here talking about it, on the level of self-Realization there is no need to talk about it, it just IS. But still there are those who cannot realize this without the mind, these are who we need to use pointers. One isn't better than the other, both are where the other is, its simply the mind that makes the so called difference. Sorry i didn't grasp what you were saying before.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 06:29 PM.