Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 28-11-2015, 12:06 AM
Master
Heart chakra question

I know that some people believe the heart (physical heart) is more or less the same as the "heart chakra". Some emphasize the etheric nature of the chakra, and connect it with the Western traditions of sentiment, emotions, or romantic love.

I once took a workshop with a teacher coming mainly from the Western esoteric tradition who regarded the physical heart less involved with the heart chakra than the thymus gland.

So I guess my question is, how are we to conceptualize the heart chakra and its role? And is there a way that the physical heart and the thymus are inter-related and both linked to the chakra.
Old 28-11-2015, 06:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
I know that some people believe the heart (physical heart) is more or less the same as the "heart chakra". Some emphasize the etheric nature of the chakra, and connect it with the Western traditions of sentiment, emotions, or romantic love.

I once took a workshop with a teacher coming mainly from the Western esoteric tradition who regarded the physical heart less involved with the heart chakra than the thymus gland.

So I guess my question is, how are we to conceptualize the heart chakra and its role? And is there a way that the physical heart and the thymus are inter-related and both linked to the chakra.
Namaste.

How I see it, the physical heart has nothing to do with the heart Chakra, but our emotional senses and reactions are due to the chemicals produced in this region, noticeably adrenalin (produced by the adrenal gland) and cortisol and other neuropeptides leading to experience physical symptoms around the area of the heart/chest (thymus gland).

The Heart Chakra is associated with:

1. Hearing (clairaudience and anahata sounds). To open this chakra, one needs to be a good listener and not keep on interrupting people to speak. They also need to pay attention to the smallest sounds and noises during mindfulness meditation.

2. Unconditional Love (for God and mankind). To open this chakra, all negativity and personal bias needs to be put aside as well as all of our assumptions and conditioning about our role within the social/universal order. The ability to surrender is also associated with Anahata.

3. Generosity and Giving (of self and time). To aid the opening, we should place ourselves in the shoes/position of others less fortunate and count our blessings, being thankful and appreciative for what we have and the gifts we receive. We should share them to uplift and benefit the lives of others, without any expectation of reward, praise or any other egotistical attachment.

There's more, but that's all that comes to mind right now.

Take care and peace.

Aum Shanti.
Old 28-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Ascender
I know chakras are anchored to a physical organ. I found that out when I had my gall bladder removed and it completely reset my energy because the solar plexus chakra is anchored to the gall bladder. It severed the connection releasing all the energy i had stored there including some dark stuff that i picked up from a rather dark person so it was a good thing. The chakra then re attached to the nearest organ (think it was the liver) and i was able to then rebuild my energy with more positive sources.

Not sure about the heart chakra as I've never had that removed but i have heard of three other minor chakras in the area and I think one of them was attached to the physical heart so perhaps the major heart chakra is attached to the thymus ?

As an energy centre it is definately independent but anchored to the physical if that helps with conceptualizing it. It also opens into a specific area of the subconscious (as all chakras do) so I feel that's where the connection with love and compassion (or negative inner child abandonment issues) connects into it.
Old 28-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Ascender
I checked on those minor chakras....

Heart Seed chakra is situated at the base of the breast bone and is associated with Soul remembrance.

Spleen Chakra is positioned under the left Arm at the front of the Left Arm Pit. It is associated with energy vampirism and leakage.

Heart Chakra positioned over the Heart.It is associated with Love.

Higher Heart Chakra is positioned over the Thymus and is associated with unconditional love.
Old 28-11-2015, 05:00 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi,

I like this channeled Kryon explanation which answers part of your question.

http://www.kryon.com/CHAN2015/k_chan...sville-15.html

Quote:
The Third Brain
We have told you before that there is a mystery going on that involves the Human heart. The Human heart, dear ones, is the third part of the brain. Science has never understood why the heart has such a tremendous magnetic field. It is actually larger than any other organ, including the brain with all of its synaptic activity. The heart overshadows it in so many ways, yet examination of the heart in a corporeal way will give information that is seemingly very ordinary. The heart simply pumps blood in a specific rhythm as sent by signals from the brain. Yet there is far more.

I like to think that the human mind is a composite of the brain, the 3rd eye, and the heart.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 28-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:

My in-a-nutshell sort of explanation is...

The heart chakara, Anahata, is the first of the lower dimensions through which we have an opportunity to express the higher (spiritual) emotions. It's also a channel for receiving emotions.

If someone learns Reiki, they need to have the heart chakra open in order to be able to channel universal life force energy into the energy field of another person.

The heart chakra is a social chakra, the first one on the way up the spine coming from the physical chakras. There are higher expressions of love than mere human love that the individual anahata may express - but that comes through deeper connections to universal love, not one's own judgmental ego. That's why Mother Theresa said:
Quote:
I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
It's because of her deep connection to the Christ spirit, that she could tap into a profound level of unconditional love and then channel it out through her heart-centered service to the world. She saw all people as Christ in disguise.

When you send love to your body cells, you trigger the immune system - that is controlled by the thymus gland. This is its function on a purely physical level. You are being like a Mother Theresa to your body cells.

God created the human body as a metaphor for spiritual processes we express in our world.
Old 29-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Knower

The thymus is Definitely the Endocrine gland associated with the Heart Chakra. Think of the Third eye chakra. The chakra is rooted in the Pineal, however since the Pineal is in the center of the brain, energy would have to cascade through the frontal lobes - imposing a necessary interaction between the brain and the pineal. The heart chakra has a similar situation. It runs right through the heart, therefore the hearts field would have to yield to the larger field of the heart chakra. There is an interaction and connection, however when referring to the chakra's primary anchor into the body that would be the thymus.

dryad the Chakras are anchored to the body via Endocrine Glands. The gall bladder is an organ and has no associated main chakra (1 of the 7). The primary gland of the third chakra is the Pancreas.

Quote:
I like to think that the human mind is a composite of the brain, the 3rd eye, and the heart.
The brain and the heart, represent the spirit and the soul - The two of which combine to create a sentient being, so it would make sense to suspect a connection between the brain and heart.
Old 29-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Master
Thanks to everybody for their contributions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
When you send love to your body cells, you trigger the immune system - that is controlled by the thymus gland. This is its function on a purely physical level.
Yes, this is an interesting thing to me. Okay, I had a background in certain forms of yoga meditation. I'd learned to quiet my mind, and that had had various benefits in my life. I worked with this practice for years. Then - long story short - I got attuned to Reiki. This brought about a momentous change.

In looking back, years later, I consulted a psychic who said this was a point when my "heart" was activated. This rang true to me, as many sorts of things that people relate to "heart values" had become living realities for me. (It's not that I didn't feel these feelings before, but I started feeling them more completely and more flexibly as of that time - with far less muddling confusion from past experience.) And, simultaneous with that, my resistance to colds, flu etc increased very much.