Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 23-10-2006, 01:54 PM
AL

All these bald fields and hills, bleek, the sheep etc eat the tree shoots so humans can eat THEM. It does not stack up at all.
Sorry, never tried human flesh, cant help you there. Grunt!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:55 AM
OceanWaves19161

I differ in opinion here slightly. I agree that meat is probably packed with chemicals just like most things these days but I do think you should be eating what your body tells you to eat-perhaps you could change to the organic meats though if you can afford to. I believe the reason you loose the need to eat meat as you become more spiritually advanced is because your vibrations are raised and meat does weigh you down. Its for this reason that meat is good for grounding. I'd say go with the flow and trust your body and intuition it knows what you need and what it doesnt.

Alana:)
Old 07-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Whisperer

I'm a veggie because I don't believe in many modern day farming pracitises or live transport. Its a personal choice and one that I don't like to preach about cause everyone has free will to do what they please with!

Personally once I can afford to eat meat from my local organic farm, who have a modern, clean slaughterhouse on site I will probably start to eat bits of meat again as my body asks for it. Otherwise I can't support farmers who show total disregard for the 'produce'.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisperer
I'm a veggie because I don't believe in many modern day farming pracitises or live transport. Its a personal choice and one that I don't like to preach about cause everyone has free will to do what they please with!

Personally once I can afford to eat meat from my local organic farm, who have a modern, clean slaughterhouse on site I will probably start to eat bits of meat again as my body asks for it. Otherwise I can't support farmers who show total disregard for the 'produce'.

Same here Whisperer...
Love and light,
AM
Old 10-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Gonzo

Meat eaters need to grow some balls and go look an animal in the eye before they kill it.
Mass slaughter is a heartless, ive seen it with my own eyes , its not natural its not right.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo
Meat eaters need to grow some balls and go look an animal in the eye before they kill it.
Mass slaughter is a heartless, ive seen it with my own eyes , its not natural its not right.

You're not the only person who has said this Gonzo.
A good friend recently said that this is the precise reason he does not eat meat...

In my opinion, taking life is a negative karmic game - and if somebody wants to play it, you can only really feel sorry for them.

Because they are the one's who have to do the work on correcting it.

Love and light,

AM
Old 11-03-2007, 03:39 PM
janspirit

I've been a veggie now for 20 years and for me, tis the only way to be. Tho i dont force it down peoples throats... and if they ask me to explain i just say oh its for health reasons (which it is partly)... and if they push me even more, i say well i read in Linda Goodman's Love Signs (an astrology book) that she could never eat anything with 2 eyes that looked back at her..and i agree with that,it's just how i feel bout it. also i tell them when I used to watch my mum stuffing a chicken as a kid i just knew i'd never be DOING that...

love n peace

jan xx
Old 13-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Wind of Grace

Meat... I understand the disdain

I understand the various reasons why many choose a vegetarian diet. There is no doubt that our beautiful animals have become simply a *mass produced product* in order to fill the pockets of their many producers. Some have forgotten that these animals are living creatures that deserve our utmost respect and care. Some have bypassed the natural ways in which an animal should be raised, in order to satisfy the never ending growing demand of their customers, more quickly and efficiently. These producers have forgotten that an animal NEEDS fresh air, sunshine, room to roam freely, excellent quality natural food, and fresh water.... not too mention...the two most important of all ingredients... our total love and appreciation.

I, for myself, do eat meat, but I have chosen not to encourage mass production. I only buy my meat from a farmer that I know, who loves and respects his cattle like he does his own children. They are not pumped with steroids or needless medications. They live a much longer life than the average massed produced cattle. His farm is much smaller, and extemely well cared for. He is grateful and happy to be leading the way towards a new understanding of the care needed by our animal friends, that many people are now demanding more and more.....

This type of raising cattle resonates with me. The same goes for our feathered friends and the eggs they so graciously present to us as gifts.

My wish is to see all animals loved and respected for the marvelous creatures that they are. I hope to see the day when *mass production for massive profit* will be a thing of the past.

Love and Hugs to all, Wind of Grace xo....

Last edited by Wind of Grace : 18-03-2007 at 04:15 AM.
Old 13-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Ascended Master

Very well said Wind of Grace!
That was an absolute pleasure to read!
Love and light,
AM
Old 13-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Whisperer

Indeed, a beautiful post Wind of Grace.

Hopefully if the RSPCA passes their Animal Welfare Bill, the raising of animals and the production of meat for our consumption will become a heck of a lot better.
Closed Thread