Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Amanda-marie

detoxing

I am detoxing from a huge pile of dark chocolate at the weekend.
I am feeling really...such a mixture of..urgh...

I would really appreciate your uplifting words,just to help me though this evening.

i felt like going out to the shops and buying some chocolate
I have decided to run a hot bath and pamper myself instead.

breathing deep,staying strong

On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him. Buddha
Old 11-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Resonance

Don't judge yourself and beat yourself up about it. It won't help you and you'll only bring yourself down. Try to step back from yourself (and your ego) and observe what effects this is having on you, both physically and mentally. Love yourself and the situation your find yourself in at this moment. Know that what you're going through is a lesson that you're supposed to learn from and move through. You cannot change any faster than your understanding, and thus your motivation, is being built. If you have an eating disorder or an imbalance in your diet, seek inspiration in whatever way feels right (books, dvds, internet etc) and learn practical tricks for improving that situation. In this way you will distance yourself slowly from your ego and the habits that come with it. You'll observe how your cravings and programming steer you away from where you want to be in life. When this takes place, you will strengthen your motivation to slowly start to change. But stay clear of strict rules unless you are a person who needs to be told in detail and completely what to do and what not to do. Change things slowly and intuitively and build up a new awareness. If you force yourself to do too much too quickly, it's very easy to fail and just return to where you were.

It helps a lot to have a meditation practice since it will strengthen your higher self (as opposed to your ego). If you want to learn more about the ego and how it works, Eckhard Tolle's "The Power of Now" is a very inspirational book.

Remember, you are right where you're supposed to be, and acknowledge the challenge that is before you. Learning to deal with powerful cravings is one of the most fundamental challenges for us. Love yourself in the knowledge that your experience will get better and move on as long as you live in awareness, as you've already proven that you do by your post :)

With much love
Resonance
Old 03-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Experiencer

I love dark chocolate. This is my favorite.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:19 PM
Experiencer

I don't think there's anything wrong with a little bit of dark chocolate. It's got antioxidants in it which is so good for you. I think you only run into trouble if you polished off a 'big pile of chocolate'.

And most of the time, I think that the craving you respond to is satisfied if you have just a taste of it.