Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 23-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Rebel*Child

It's strange, but I don't have a connection with just one tribe! Apparently, I have a few different tribes mixed in my blood including Cherokee and Blackfoot. How can I find out more?
Old 23-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel*Child
It's strange, but I don't have a connection with just one tribe! Apparently, I have a few different tribes mixed in my blood including Cherokee and Blackfoot. How can I find out more?

If your family records say that you are connected with a certain tribe, you can double check this with the public tribe records and get it affirmed on paper.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:37 AM
Kristin050585

My family says I am part Cherokee and Sioux. Trying to find out more in the records.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Experiencer

No known or apparent Native American ancestry, nor any connection with any Indian culture. I have been told I have a spirit guide named White Buffalo.

I want to learn more about the Native culture, and also about my Celtic and Slavic ethnic heritage.

Jim
Old 11-12-2011, 11:55 PM
nightowl

I am curious to those who have responded here, do your native connections play a part in your spiritual practices of beliefs?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Master

I started out there and read a lot about the Cherokee, then went on to the 'western world' spiritism for lack of a native indian mentor. I thought my spirit guide was a native indian at first but he turned out to be from a far older culture. I am quite ready to reconnect if I get the chance, but not by reading old websites.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I started out there and read a lot about the Cherokee, then went on to the 'western world' spiritism for lack of a native indian mentor. I thought my spirit guide was a native indian at first but he turned out to be from a far older culture. I am quite ready to reconnect if I get the chance, but not by reading old websites.

Hey WhiteWarrior,

I can understand that I have found in my life that my indigenous roots were already woven into what I believed and also have found that much of it spiritually has come to me as I have embraced my heritage. The web is a funny place; there is much in the way of good and reliable info as there is bogus info...
Old 12-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Triad

Taino....

Quote:
This Taino American Indian Web Ring was sponsored by the Taino Tribe of Jatibonicu' of Puerto Rico. In the language Jatibonicu means, "Great People of the Sacred High Waters". This web ring is a collective of cultural sites, that publish educational materials and that support the struggle of the Taino People of the Caribbean and Florida region. Historical Fact: The Tainos were the very first Native American people to receive glass beeds and to greet Christopher Columbus on October 12, 1492.

Taino Indigenous
http://www.taino-tribe.org/jatiboni.html

Tribal Government of the
Jatibonicu Taino People of Puerto Rico

http://members.dandy.net/~orocobix/jatiboni.html

Caguana Ceremonial Ball Courts Site
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caguana...ll_Courts_Site
Old 06-02-2012, 08:38 AM
dewe'igan

Mostly Sioux, Cree, Ojibwe. But in the end I'm Anishinabe.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewe'igan
Mostly Sioux, Cree, Ojibwe. But in the end I'm Anishinabe.

Blessings...