Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 AM
angel6m2000

Simple Question

Is it possible to reach complete awake-ness or awareness? To be completely conscious?

I realize this would take many years to attain, but is it even possible? I'm not saying I don't want to achieve it or that if it's not I'm going to stop changing my ways or stop trying to develop an inner peace of awareness. I was just simply wondering if you guys think it's even achievable.

=) thank you!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Master
Being completely aware in silent unboundaried oneness is possible, and even probably if you just keep going.

Xan

Old 08-09-2011, 02:52 AM
angel6m2000

At all times even?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:01 AM
Guide
most definitely :)
To be completely conscious is to be completely aware of the energy and atmosphere of the world around you. There are two different ways of seeing this world. Through reaction (which is through your mind, and your body which reflects your mind) and through complete awareness (which is called your consciousness).
The mind is a tool in which we use / are given in order to grow from. It provides us with reaction, which allows us to react to this world -> grow from different obstacles put in our path (which is just an illusion that our mind makes). The mind relates time as past and future (not present). It remembers the past, and pushes those memories onto the future, what reactions you want to make in order to fulfill your future.
Your consciousness is first (which is most important) always your first vehicle. No matter what you do, you will always be somewhat conscious of now (in a normal state of mind - no drugs / anything involved). This consciousness is our mainframe, its what allows us to sense now.
That all being said, your mind and body is a tool meant to be used, not abused (which is what we do this time and age). You use it to reach an outcome that you calculated from the past, put forth into the future. - It is most definitely an important tool that us as humans are lucky to be able to completely use.
The thing we do in this culture though, is abuse our mind, use it in every instance from the time we wake up till the time we pass out, forgetting about the natural flow of this world, keeping our minds in the past, therefore the future. - which effects us negatively in many different ways, such as anxiety, fear, unhappiness ect.
To enter complete consciousness takes time because it involves the process of shutting down your mind / body and becoming engulfed by the world around you.
To be complete conscious is to forget about everything that deals with time and process.
Ways that help me reach closer to my consciousness is making sure i don't bring time into my head, that i don't think at all about anything. I let the world's energy course through my blood like a vessel, like a root plugged into the beautiful dirt of life.
To become conscious forget about everything, including yourself, you don't force any feelings, instead let them rush in. Consciousness means to be connected to NOW, the only time that truthfully exists. When your in the NOW your mind is not involved, the only thing involved is spirit - including the highest vibes and energies ever felt (least by me)

Of course these are my thought, I hope you understand and .. I wish you a lovely journey to consciousness :)
Old 08-09-2011, 04:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel6m2000
At all times even?

Yes, in silent meditation practice fully, and aware in the background of daily life.

Xan

Old 08-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Master
I might add that being fully conscious does not mean being aware of everything all the time, as the world is far too complex for that... but being fully present in whatever is here now.

Xan

Old 08-09-2011, 04:35 AM
angel6m2000

Okay.

I have a new question now, How can one be aware in the background when doing things and being completely involved in what your doing, like at work or something along those lines?

For example, When I'm at work I do my work fast and efficiently, and I do end up getting lost in conversation every now and then, but in a way I feel like this is good for being aware, for I am not really thinking but more just letting my self take control of the situation, if that makes any sense. I just let my self, be my SELF.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Master
angel6m2000: I have a new question now, How can one be aware in the background when doing things and being completely involved in what your doing, like at work or something along those lines?

As your consciousness expands further you'll find you can be focused in what you're doing and also aware in the sense of silent oneness behind it all.

.... I am not really thinking but more just letting my self take control of the situation, if that makes any sense. I just let my self, be my SELF.

Yes... being unselfconscious is part of our increasing freedom.

Xan

Old 08-09-2011, 04:43 AM
Guide
If you mean aware as in conscious - We are always conscious but like I said, the mind is a tool that we are very lucky to have.. There are times to use it and times that we should shut it off and be completely conscious. At work I'd say use your mind :P Different awareness' during different situations. Use your mind at work, when you have free time shut it off and enjoy the world
Old 08-09-2011, 04:46 AM
Guide
Then again though, you can use your mind and use your consciousness to look at different perspectives - since it grants you space to step back and see things from other than your biased eyes. So I mean during anything you can most definitely increase your consciousness to a certain extent so you can see things more clearly and push away thoughts that aren't of help.. But never really fully conscious when your focusing on work.. at least I cant 0_0