Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 14-07-2011, 07:19 PM
northstar

Quote:
There are no magic steps to this, no progress, no working towards.

but where were you before you found the key...
Old 14-07-2011, 07:20 PM
mattie

More Information Requested

Enlightened (poster) Questions-

You seem to be questioning our perception of individuality/ego/self/personality.

Are you contending that dropping the perception of individuality is automatic enlightenment?

It might be useful for you to precisely define what you are calling enlightenment so we can understand what you mean by this term.
Old 14-07-2011, 07:28 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened
Ok, this is better.

It's not that our thoughts are unreal. They exist. But they have evolved over time and created a 'self'. A self that you believe is you.

Once we actually realise this, see this for ourselves, then pop, you're out.

You can't un-ring a bell. You can't un-see the pattern.

Liberated from the lie. It's essential not to believe this. You DO NOT want to add anything.

'No self. No problem.' - The truth has always been there, but it's been buried deeper and deeper over time.

There are no magic steps to this, no progress, no working towards.

It's actually very simple, it's our natural state. Humanity got lost in this and now it's time we broke free.

When I looked inside, I saw this process in action. Thoughts, emotions. They had created a 'me' that was essentially a lie. Once you've seen this fragile structure for what it is, bang.....you're done.

Eckhart Tolle - 'I cannot live with myself.' He stopped and realised what the thought meant. I and myself. Is there 1 or 2? Bang, he realised the illusion and that was that.

I can show you the gate, you must walk through it.

Yes I understand, everybody understands what you are saying.

My question is why some of us do not wake up while other wake up right away (supposing it is true) when they see this reality?

3dnow
Old 14-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Rikki

Well ego just is. You can't ever really judge anything as one or the other. The universe wouldn't cry if the world exploded into a trillion pieces right now.

Everything just is. It's the conditioning of your mind to judge one way or the other.

It's good that you're understanding it, but to wake up, you must SEE it with your own eyes. SEE the illusion in action before you KNOW that it's an illusion.

Please do this Free Bird, I know you want it and you won't regret it.

Air Spirit - You say you know it. You may understand, but have you've seen? Have you seen the pattern in action?

The yearning I believe is a natural impulse to reproduce. An evolutionary impulse to carry on the species.
Old 14-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Rikki

I'm having to go out right now, i'll get back to this tomorrow. Feel free to e-mail me on [email protected] if you want to crack this one on one.

I'm down for whatever..

I've got high hopes for Free Bird, the real desire to want to crack this will push you to look. Good stuff.
Old 14-07-2011, 07:31 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

‘Self’ is the vehicle through which diversity is manifested into experience.. self exists in the same way as the ‘wind’ exists, as its effect on the environment of existence.. each ‘mind-body-consciousness’ relationship is physically unique, and each is unique in its personal history, beliefs, understandings, and its effects on the interactive environment. There are simply no identical humans, not in their histories, their beliefs, or their physical manifestation. The ‘self’ exists as a unique collection of beliefs, conditioning, genetic inclinations, memories of experiences, and intentions, which I will simply reference as ‘self’. This ‘self’ exists in its private mental landscape, where it counsels the mind’s operation of its awareness and the operation of its physical interaction with the environment of its existence.

‘Self’ establishes its identity within its environment to secure a relationship with other selfs, which are observably uniquely identifiable. ‘Self’ is the evidence of self-awareness that requires a ‘self’ to operate its awareness. ‘Self’ is both temporary and eternal, temporary as a physical reference for its physical experience, and eternal as ‘that’ which experiences its own existence (self-awareness). Referencing our physical experience and our necessary references to our physical environment, the temporary ‘self’ is seen to exist and adapt to the changes of its interconnected environment, from within the sanctity of its private internal mindscape.

More tangible, though, the self is evident in its relationships with Life, and other body-minds.. the way you see the silhouette of a certain ‘self’ moving only the way that self does, and you ‘know’.. or the symphony of emotions only a certain ‘self’ has cultivated through a life of compassion and clarity, an identifiable ‘look’ in the eyes, or tone in the voice, a self is known.

There is no benefit to the discussions of self or no-self, or Buddha vs. Tao, there is only the pure experience of Living it.. clearing-out the ideologies, no matter what they are, making space for Life to happen..

Be well..
Old 14-07-2011, 07:32 PM
3dnow

Quote:
SEE the illusion in action before you KNOW that it's an illusion.

I see the illusion but nothing changes.

3dnow
Old 14-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Yes I understand, everybody understands what you are saying.
My question is why some of us do not wake up while other wake up right away (supposing it is true) when they see this reality?
3dnow
I don't think most do, awaken straight away that is.
I think most take it on board intellectually, awakening (apparently) arising later or not.
Old 14-07-2011, 07:33 PM
northstar

my key came in a different way... from the spirits themselves... i remember when i met god (which is a walk we have to take for ourselves (so i dont flavour it))... we would use doors as a communication concept... and as i fumbled with my ring of keys to my doors, a guiding spirit came to me with a giant golden key that opened all doors...

but that was just the beginning... that didnt mean that there still wasnt alot of work before i became 'cause' in my life from the standpoint not being a slave to my past illusions of self...

maybe we all get our keys in our own ways...
Old 14-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Air Spirit

Quote:
Air Spirit - You say you know it. You may understand, but have you've seen? Have you seen the pattern in action?

yes, i am an observer of it, its one of the experiences of being a ghost
Closed Thread