Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Guide

How did the very first bit of material appeared.

At some point there must v been nothing at all. Just darkness...
Was there even air?
How did everything started? How planets formed?

Were did the very first piece of tiny dust came from?
Old 11-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
Was there even air?

Woah!....all that would be waaaay to much info to post on one page of a forum.....

If you are really interested. ...Google ...."big bang theory" and no.....not the TV show....and do your own research on it.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 11-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Experiencer
There are many optional theories. None of them can't be proven.

When we take big bang, there is still question what was before big bang? There was something that banged? :)

Other explanations are more religious, that all was created by higher power and in that scenario you don't need a beginning, it could happened at any time.

I questioned myself that some time ago, but now more believe that time does actually not exist, but still that theory also cannot be proven with hard facts.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
Was there even air?

First of all you are not correctly envisioning 'nothing at all'. When there is truly nothing, there is no air or even darkness.

There are many creation myths.

For what it is worth the prevailing scientific view is that this portion of reality (perhaps all of it) started as a tremendous blast of energy (darkness is simply where there is no energy). It took a while for (sub atomic) particles to form. Eventually the blast cooled and some of the particles combined to make atoms. A long while later some of the atoms were fused into more complex atoms. Way later the some of the atoms combined to form molecules. Only at this point can you have 'air'.

Some of the more 'metaphysical' or 'spiritual' views suggest that consciousness 'pre-existed' the universe you live in. Consciousness (singly or collectively depending on which mythology) then created the universe. Some say it was made in steps (not unlike science view) and others say it was fully formed from the beginning. Opinions differ on whether or not creation is still happening or if the universe is evolving (changing) under its own power (laws of nature). Most monotheistic religions say that there was only one consciousness and they call it 'God'.

Sorry, there is no known definitive answer to your basic question, only stories about it.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:33 PM
Master
Science looks at this by seeing what effects what.....if you go back in time... science can tell you that this caused that and that caused this.

BUT....at some point you go back to the point that you find an event...call it a creation event if you like....that has no possible cause that can be explained.

This in science is known as the "un-caused-first cause"........it is an unknowable event with no explanation.

At this point science has exhausted its ability to explain an event and you are left with philosophy and religion to try to give an answer.....

Unfortunately...philosophy and religion allows for no concrete answers as science does... and so requires you to take such information on faith.

And as renowned author and philosopher Robert Heinlein once said.....faith can be a poor reason to believe....or disbelieve anything.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 11-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Master

And there is the idea that this physical universe we inhabit is only the densest plane of existence. There are many other planes of existence of varying frequencies. Some parts are in the process of becoming denser (involution). Other parts are in the process of becoming finer (evolution).

So even before this physical universe existed, there were other planes of existence.

Theosophy teaches that there is the Absolute which manifests through Purusha (Spirit) and Prakriti (Matter).

Out of the union of Spirit and Matter comes Consciousness.

Spirit/Consciousness/Matter manifest as Sound, Light and Vibration.

Out of Vibration come the worlds of form, the mental, astral and physical planes.

This is described as the outbreath of Brahma, a manvantara , an unimaginably long period when creation manifests.

This is succeeded by the inbreath of Brahma, when the universe goes into a correspondingly long period of pralaya or abstraction.

So by this philosophy, the Big Bang theory (which is just a theory) only describes the current manifestation of the universe out of its state of pralaya - there may have been many previous such manifestations.

Peace.
Old 15-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Master

To think that there was maybe a 'time' when nothing existed and there was nowhere for anything to exist is a favourite philosophical occupation of mine. It must be true that in nothingness (which is/was nowhere) there is nothing, not even darkness. Darkness cannot exist without light - darkness is the absence of light and is therefore a thing - something without light.

How about abstractions? Could abstractions exist in nothingness? Numbers or arithmetical forms are also abstractions which don't need a place or any substance. Circles and squares are for example feasible abstractions which may be able to exist in nothingness. Numbers are infinite, up and down.

Supposing there was the formation (in abstract form) of a O.
O = nothing. Then let us suppose an I (one) came along in abstract form being formed in the abstraction out of opposition to this O.

It's worth pointing out here that an O has both and inside and an outside - with this I mean that an O represents something contained and uncontained.

Supposing this I split the O down the middle causing two halves to form thus creating two upwards and two downwards. Reminiscent of Ying and Yan and of a cell dividing.

Supposing the whole of nothingness was suddenly filled with O123... and one half, one quarter, one eighth and so on. This nothingness and nowhere would start to be filled with abstract information - and would begin to cause conflict. Conflicts are opposites and maybe, just maybe, these conflcits caused, say, a ripple.

So for the first time in this nothingness there is movement- Movement is an action thus causing an effect - and the effect causes a stir of consciousness (say) or a stir of awakening. And so the first energy (through conflict) was created with O (inside and outside) being the middle point. The point O between the macro and the micro universes as we understand them today.

On one side the world of Newton and Einstein and on the other side the world of Planck and Durac which we call quantum physics. Energy converts into mass so the first atoms are created out of what appears to be nothingness.

And so on.
Old 15-08-2017, 03:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
To think that there was maybe a 'time' when nothing existed and there was nowhere for anything to exist is a favourite philosophical occupation of mine. It must be true that in nothingness (which is/was nowhere) there is nothing, not even darkness. Darkness cannot exist without light - darkness is the absence of light and is therefore a thing - something without light.

It's been said here matter is a form of or that which is light slowed down. I never knew how this was true. This is actually true and so there has to be light for matter to exist. A question I always had before was, if matter is actually light why isn't more matter created all the time with all the light we see (have). I've never heard matter is darkness and so darkness might be as you said, a thing. Light might be real.

But google the question, where did matter come from and there is an interesting article at curious.astro.cornell.edu that talks about the role light played that supports the idea light is matter and we were right all along and explains how it transformed. This explains how matter came into being, it shed light on it...lol. Now the question I had as I said before was, with all the light there is today why isn't there more matter. Of course this has to do with the conditions of the early universe that does not exist today. It seems metaphysics was right all along. Bosons! So what is the role of darkness and is darkness what we call space. Space is a dimension, light is not. The very first matter came from light.
Old 15-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Master
What I've been shown is that matter comes from vibrations of Light, Sound and Consciousness slowed down enough to appear solid.

Most ancient texts say something like "In the beginning was Sound"
One would presume then that Sound slowed down enough to form Light and Light slowed down enough to form matter.
Old 15-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
To think that there was maybe a 'time' when nothing existed and there was nowhere for anything to exist is a favourite philosophical occupation of mine.

How about abstractions? Could abstractions exist in nothingness? Numbers or arithmetical forms are also abstractions which don't need a place or any substance. Circles and squares are for example feasible abstractions which may be able to exist in nothingness. Numbers are infinite, up and down.
Depends on how tightly you define 'nothing'. If nothing means absence of form and substance ([manifest]: dimensions, space, time, energy, matter), and does not exclude ([unmanifest] abstraction, concepts, possibilities, and unrealized potentials) then yes. I have been to such 'places' in my OBE travels. As far as I can tell, most 'souls' are from the unmanifest.