Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 09-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Seeker

Iyanla Vanzant Grills Man Who Fathered 34 Children

Hello fellow users! I'm so sorry I've been away for so long since my post in the "welcome new user" section. Recovering from Hurricane Irma has been quite an ordeal but I should be fine now.

Moving on I recently saw this interesting episode on OWN about Iyanla Vanzant trying to mentor a man who is so promiscuous he sired about 34 children by 17 different women over the course of his life.

It struck a cord with me because he and the women are precisely the reason why modern society grapples with collective sexual dysfunction centered around the madonna/***** complex and the rise of so called rape culture. If sexually active people involved in the "hookup" culture were more proactive, responsible and honest about their expectations a lot of these socioeconomic disasters could've been prevented. In this day & age where we have plan b pills there's no reason why grown adults should be having pregnancy scares to begin with. Let alone young people coming of age.

The fact of the matter is that the reason why sex is so taboo is because when women get pregnant and don't have enough support from their families or suitors they eventually become burdens to the state which will require public resources to adequately give them and their offspring the same field of opportunity as regular married citizens etc. And in the West especially they abhor the idea of having to subsidize other people's mistakes even though sooner or later all people are going to need course correction at some point in their lives. No matter how righteous or wicked the individuals are.

In the West today we really have two forms of untenable world views surrounding love, sex, and relationships. The Madonna is this impossible figure of perfection and the Harlot is another impossible figure of dread which no woman who is remotely part of the human experience can ignore forever. It's not only women who struggle with guilt over their predilections. Men are put into a position where they are more less vampires trying to be something they can never be. As a male myself it very much does feel like being "Blade" sometimes. A character who's half vampire, half man who is always fighting the thirst even though it always "wins in the end". The man's situation in the Iyanla Vanzant episode is actually far more common than people care to admit. I too know of several people in my life who have either been involved with or are the by-products of such experiences.

What is the solution to such a ridiculous duality? After reading the "Myth of Monogamy" and browsing for similar material online I stumbled onto a polyamorous life coaching couple called Kenya & Carl Stevens who run JuJuMaMa Love Academy and also happen to be Khemetic Reconstructionists to boot. I've learned a lot from them after discovering their joint blog and corresponding youtube channels that through open relating or what's called in the scientific community as "ominamory" or sexually omnivorous we can all have the best of all worlds. Historically humans have always been doing it but it was just called cheating instead.

Unfortunately the site won't allow me to post the links so you'll have to high light the terms I listed and put them in your search engine to browse for yourself. Or you can PM if possible.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:27 PM
Master
K1ng L3ar

Just wondering if the 17 women who mothered those 34 children were also on the show to be counseled?

If the answer is Yes...this would be the kind of even-handed, honest approach that would have been of far more value than televising only the promiscuity of the man as "the issue" Iyanla wanted to highlight for her audience's edification.

If the answer is No...then I would "counsel" Iyanla to schedule a proper reckoning with ALL the persons involved....WITH ALL THE CHILDREN....in a much-needed sequel as counterweight to balance the show you referenced.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
http://csermelyblog.tehetsegpont.hu/...ir%C3%A1ly.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8COt1n3jDqA&t=19s
Old 11-06-2018, 05:56 PM
Seeker

@guthrio

Iyanla had other episodes where she did in fact counsel the mothers and the children. However they may be difficult to find now because OWN supposedly canceled future episodes on the topic. Citing that Jay (the father) continues to act like a train wreck despite counseling and resources given. Probably having something to do with baby #35. Iyanla may not fully know it but she really struck a nerve with those episodes. Jay and the 17 mother's situation is more common than people care to admit. Last I saw I think it was reported somewhere in PEW that about 50% of American households are fatherless while 83% of African American households are fatherless. I have the app on my family firestick but it only shows seasons 4 & 5. And I think the "34 kids" episodes take place in seasons 2 or 3.