Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 03-05-2020, 06:01 PM
1337_d00d

Changing your subconscious identity

So I notice that lying dormant in my subconscious is this guy who cannot afford anything and will never get what he wants. It is not so much the thoughts but the feelings I get whenever I am presented with anything I would like to have, my immediate, emotional reaction is that I will never get it and will never be able to afford it, if we are talking about things. I think this might be the source of my lack of motivation, since I lack the conviction of actually achieving or ever getting anything worthwile. I had a meager upbringing and can't remember ever getting anything I really wanted from my parents, so maybe this is a feeling that has persisted since then.

I gotta say trying to change my beliefs revolving this issue feels like an uphill battle. Somehow I have to dethrone this guy altogether and not simply fight my beliefs against his. Any ideas?
Old 03-05-2020, 08:02 PM
Master

My suggestion: get in direct contact with your subconscious, and tell it what you want it to change.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:33 PM
1337_d00d

Is this best done through visual symbols or how do you suggest?
Old 04-05-2020, 05:21 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
Is this best done through visual symbols or how do you suggest?
It might be helpful to do some inner child work.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:47 PM
Master
IF you want to work on the subconscious aspects, surely the best and most receptive time for this would be whilst sleeping? Have you ever considered using something to help with this whilst you sleep, when your subconscious is at its most alive :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 04-05-2020, 05:53 PM
Master

This is a post about how I do that:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...96&postcount=8
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:11 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
So I notice that lying dormant in my subconscious is this guy who cannot afford anything and will never get what he wants. It is not so much the thoughts but the feelings I get whenever I am presented with anything I would like to have, my immediate, emotional reaction is that I will never get it and will never be able to afford it, if we are talking about things. I think this might be the source of my lack of motivation, since I lack the conviction of actually achieving or ever getting anything worthwile. I had a meager upbringing and can't remember ever getting anything I really wanted from my parents, so maybe this is a feeling that has persisted since then.

I gotta say trying to change my beliefs revolving this issue feels like an uphill battle. Somehow I have to dethrone this guy altogether and not simply fight my beliefs against his. Any ideas?

You created this king. Yes you may have had help and advice from the world, but you are the one who put the crown on and trusted him as your ruler. I know from personal experience how hard it is to deal with self created creatures such as this. I have one like it, and many others that have caused problems over the years as well. Ultimately though the power still resides in us as we are the ones pulling the levers and pushing the buttons to create these wizards of oz, and we can learn why we do this and learn not to do it unless we wish to.

A couple of things that helped me.

1) Realizing that this character is one that I created to deal with one or more situations, that it is not me, that it is not creating the benefit I assume I thought it would as I subconsciously created it. Our mind creates these characters to help us survive and thrive in life and efficiently brings them to the forefront to deal with common situations, sometimes quickly and often without much thought. Realizing they are not us, that we preceded them, I have found is helpful in seeing them as the ephemeral wizards of oz they are, and this robs them of much of their power to persist when not welcome.

2) Realizing that if I created this character, and many others, I can create different ones to deal with these situations. I am the faceless one behind all of these masks I have created, once I realize that, I know there is always a choice on who I will be in any given life circumstance, and this gives the power back to that faceless formless me beneath them all.

One more suggestion is to study the stages of ego development (and Freud's original model of the self) as it goes from birth through and into adulthood and continuing. I felt this helped me gain a certain disassociated perspective on these characters as not being me, but personified aspects of my underlying human psyche. Since then I have identified and named a number of characters that I can catch in the act of 'being me' or just coaching me, if I pay attention, it can be a bit of a fun and fascinating game really I don't try to eradicate them, they are all created for a reason and seem to know this and will fight for their survival believing they are or will be needed. Ignoring them just makes them clamor more for attention, one must placate them and/or put them at ease. Plus allowing them all to exist just drives home the reality that none of them are really me. It is only when life forces certain ones to the surface too much of the time that they start to think they are the King one and better stay in charge all the time. I try to appreciate the reasons I may have created them, why they are there, and convince them to stand down during times when they really are not needed.

This particular one you are describing now sounds like a defensive one that is trying to protect you from believing and hoping for things that it thinks can't be. If so, it really means well, it just doesn't understand it is also fulfilling its own expectations by keeping you from trying, it is like an overprotective parent keeping your wings clipped so you won't risk trying to fly and end up getting hurt.

I am oversimplifying here, but I hope you get the picture, ........... I am stark raving nuts, but knowing that I am, and everybody else is a crazy ape as well, is both comforting and powerful...LOL Relax, we are all crazy too!
Old 04-05-2020, 06:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Spend some time alone with your thoughts.
Meditate.
Don't dwell on them, treat them like waves at a beach. When all seems clear stand up go out into the world and make choices to seize the life you want.

Within myself my ego wages war against my depression and anxiety, I use creative writing or symbolic spiritual writing to overcome my own issues. Phoenixes are the symbol I use for my self empowerment. Though I'm weird I don't know if simply writing could help any one else, but it does help me.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:09 PM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
IF you want to work on the subconscious aspects, surely the best and most receptive time for this would be whilst sleeping? Have you ever considered using something to help with this whilst you sleep, when your subconscious is at its most alive :)

I have had quite a few dreams symbolizing what I take to mean the unification of the "subconscious" and the conscious in various ways such as superheores joing forces, one individual and one exactly the same but a head taller individual dancing together, a married couple and just a few nights a go two hermaphrodites getting it on. However in practice it's still a question how to actually achieve this.

Regarding sleep I haven't slept in two nights as of now. I'm having various conflicts and energetical blocks I don't really know how to handle. Currently I'm into hypnotic tapes and making dreamspaces and see what unfolds. It has been comforting for instance sitting in a tank and or a bomber. However, no enemy has been in sight and doesn't really appear but the emotional conflict is there somewhere.

In any case, I will be looking deeper into the replies here. Feel free to post anything that might be of value. :)
Old 05-05-2020, 09:09 PM
1337_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid

I have had quite a few dreams symbolizing what I take to mean the unification of the "subconscious" and the conscious in various ways such as superheores joing forces, one individual and one exactly the same but a head taller individual dancing together, a married couple and just a few nights a go two hermaphrodites getting it on. However in practice it's still a question how to actually achieve this.

Regarding sleep I haven't slept in two nights as of now. I'm having various conflicts and energetical blocks I don't really know how to handle. Currently I'm into hypnotic tapes and making dreamspaces and see what unfolds. It has been comforting for instance sitting in a tank and or a bomber. However, no enemy has been in sight and doesn't really appear but the emotional conflict is there somewhere.

In any case, I will be looking deeper into the replies here. Feel free to post anything that might be of value. :)