Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 04-05-2020, 09:06 PM
Master
A combination of both Mithya (false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning) and maya (ignorance of truth) creates illusions of everything, including the law of attraction. Wherever there is Mithya, maya or ignorance of the truth follows. Ignorance of the truth always follows false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning.

"satya or satyam. It is not merely truthfulness, but that singular Truth that can never be untrue at any time, place, or circumstance. Non-dual Truth transcends, time, space, and causation. Note, that time and space create divisions. If something transcends time and space it has no limits or boundaries. Therefore, this Truth/Reality must be infinite, eternal, and indivisible, hence, all-pervading. Further, there cannot be two infinites. Thus Brahman is all there is. So what is this world?

The statement above says it is mithya, false. But what does this false mean? It means changing, impermanent, perishable, superimposed, and dependent on something else for its existence. Another great statement from the Upanisads asserts, Sarvam khalvidam Brahman, All this, indeed, is Brahman. All this (idam), meaning that all we see with our mind and senses is Brahman, but we are not recognizing it as Brahman. And this is maya, ignorance, the cause of all suffering.That one, the Eternal among non-eternals, the Intelligence of the intelligent, who though ever one fulfills the desires of the many those who realize that One as existing in their own self, to them belongs eternal peace, and to none else.

Shining like burnished gold in the luminous sheath of intelligence, the deepest core of the human being, there dwells Brahman, stainless, indivisible, and pure. That is the Light of all that shines. That is what the knowers of the Self realize."
http://www.advaita-academy.org/blogs/brahman-satya/
Old 04-06-2020, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Look, the reason I bother raising questions is my feelings toward those who turn to spirituality (particularly this new age industry stuff) only to be disappointed and possibly worsen such problems as they have. You see it acutely on another section here - people frazzled with doubt, deeply hurt, distressed, broken, because something they picked up on the web turns out to be snake oil.

Until someone can convince me otherwise this LoA stuff is snake oil.

I don't have to justify myself at all. I just hope for more rigour to replace bogus information. It's that simple. When I see something dubious I ask about it. A few times out of 10 it turns out to be dubious so I hope others are giving it careful thought. Some end up in a chair opposite a therapist. Some go to the ridiculous extent of talking to psychics, 999 of 1000 of whom are fake, some are so unhappy with their lot in life and find to their dismay that "being spiritual" is no easy answer.

And...I arrived at this platform thanks to this place. In the 6 years I've been here I've seen a fair bit. I see names come and go; I see disappointment. I see self-pity in abundance. Yet a few of us have enjoyed a fulfilment from self-developing along more "spiritual lines".

Some people here would do infinitely better buying The Heart of the Brain (Gareth Leng) than some of the charlatan populist stuff they confess to buying!
Law of Attraction says that you create your own reality, so if you want someone else to convince you, before you believe in law of attraction, then law of attraction wont help you convince yourself, because you don't believe that you can convince yourself, you infact do not even realise that you are the one who is the convincer of yourself. That you are infact always creating your own reality. You don't believe that, so, then you need to look for the convincement, outside of law of attraction. Because the law of attraction states that you create your own reality. So...

It's like saying "I wont believe, untill someone convinces me that I am a believer!" DUH! You decide that and so it will be! That is what the law of attraction says! You are literally proving the law of attraction and then saying you do not believe. It makes no sense.

Well, here you go: You always believe in something, otherwise you would have no experience whatsoever. It's just a matter of what you believe in. And how has it been serving you. Because once you are aware that you can change believes and that you created them. You can then be free to change them. But if you don't wanna change them, that's good! It means you got a believe that's been serving you. And if you dont wanna change a believe that's not been serving you, then there is always another believe that says that you have to keep it, because it is serving you to keep it, even tho it doesn't you, perhaps there is a believe that once you let it go, something bad might happen, even tho initially it feels good. Then you have to investigate in that believe.

So yeah, it's endlessly complicated. Our minds are not simple.

It's like "I don't believe that I am a believer!" It's a self contradictory statement! Just listen to how non-sensical it sounds.
How can you believe that you are a non-believer? This is not possible, it is a self contradictory statement.

Am I missing something here? I feel really stupid indeed, Lorelyen, can you explain?

Perhaps you don't believe that other people can have believes that are different from yours? Well, if you wanna experience that they can, first you have to believe that they can. Otherwise you wont even bother investigating! Then your believe will be the only one that exists. It's all about free will and choice.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:12 AM
Guide

An entrepreneur attracts another entrepreneur who complements the first one in all the spheres the first one is lacking.
Is that the attraction of the same, an entrepreneur, or the opposite, skills and talents?
Old 01-07-2020, 11:52 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
- Thoughts are created in the brain.

You might like to listen to Dr Eben Alexander a neurosurgeon who experienced an NDE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCRwuJoQAZg
Old 01-07-2020, 01:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I think this is an unhealthy way of thinking

If something bad happens to you, it's NOT always your fault. This world is filled with problems. Yes sometimes bad things do happen to good people for no fault of their own. It's completely absurd to think that because something bad might have happened to you, that you attracted it.

What's worse, this idea perpetuates fear, fear of your own thoughts. It's impossible not to have negative thoughts. How are you going to deal with your own fears if you don't face them? How do you better understand something without understanding it's opposite?

Writing a positive book about a toxic person isn't going to solve their problem. Writing happy thoughts about a job you hate isn't going to make you fall in love with it. Sometimes common sense is missing in spiritual teachings.

I just keep saying " this world is too evil for me " and " the truth is too evil for me to digest "
Old 01-07-2020, 06:43 PM
Knower
Here's my take.

One thing that helps with this is to offer slightly improved thoughts. You don't go from the bottom stair to the top stair in one step. You need to climb each one, and this takes work and time.

Start small. Start changing your thoughts to positive ones, but ones you can believe in. So. You wouldn't think "I'm thinner every day!" if you're not. You would think "I am working at being healthy, and my body is reflecting these changes." And then - take the positive action that goes with it - this will BOOST the power of the thoughts. You don't think "I'm hilarious to my friends!".. you think "I'm getting funnier every day." Small steps make the difference. :)
Old 02-07-2020, 03:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
I just keep saying " this world is too evil for me " and " the truth is too evil for me to digest "
You dont need to digest truth, when it already encompasses your entire digestive system. Truth is simple. Like I am writing this on my phone. These are letters.

It depends on where you feel resistance pop up, that's how you recognize you have contradicted yourself. So appreciate that emotional guidance system and start over again. If you do feel resistance. Otherwise enjoy truth.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:28 AM
Master
Lightbulb

People's lifestyles can also play a factor in the Law of Attraction. For what ever reason I seem to be drawn to guys whose upbringing is different from my own. The guys I tend to like don't physically resemble my Dad and are not militant like he is.
The guys tend to have a more Fast- paced life Nothing else is appealing about these types of guys other than I find them to be physically attractive and that is it. I know it's being shallow on my end.

I know I'm not right for them at all and It's always a Unrequited crush.

Last edited by girlsearching : 03-09-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
People's lifestyles can also play a factor in the Law of Attraction. For what ever reason I seem to be drawn to guys whose upbringing is different from my own. The guys I tend to like don't physically resemble my Dad and are not militant like he is.
The guys tend to have a more Fast- paced life Nothing else is appealing about these types of guys other than I find them to be physically attractive and that is it. I know it's being shallow on my end.

I know I'm not right for them at all and It's always a Unrequited crush.
I don't believe in contracts, because according to your contract, it states, that when you are done suffering, you will not even be able to remember it, that is how insignificant the whole contract is. You're literally suffering over something that does not even exist. And the more you try to insist that it does, the more evidence you will find, that every single evidence you find, vanishes like smoke in wind. It just evaporates into nothingness.

Sure I am the most crazy of all people. For some reason I have a contract that states "you will be among those suffer, and you will not even be able to suffer." Like WHAT THE F* AM I EVEN DOING HERE...
Old 06-09-2020, 12:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
This is a self contradiction. And it suits your name. Why on earth am I even talking to a hologram... I really have nothing better to do. But atleast I am not a hologram, right? Wonderful...