Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 04-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Why are we here? Why are we dreaming?

To me, one of the most important, and practical, question is: why are we here? Answering this would allow us to try to make the most of our journey through this life. I believe that answering another question: why are we dreaming?, might bring us closer to an answer to the first question.

People saw the Sun moving around the Earth, so they thought that that was the case. Then they thought it is the other way around. More recently they found out that even that is not absolutely correct, as the Earth, Sun and all the planets are orbiting around the center of mass of the solar system ...

There are various hypotheses about why we are dreaming, most of them considering that pastime as secondary, or less, to being awake. There are also those that say, some said it for a very long time, that "life is a dream".

What if actually "dreaming" is one of the most important "activities" we are meant to perform during our physical lives? Maybe our schooling on Earth is not as much active while we are awake, and taking a break while we are asleep / dreaming, but closer to the opposite: schooling while dreaming, and taking a break from it when being awake?

Maybe "we are here" not so much for being awake, and learning something while so, but for "dreaming", and learning to deal with a thought responsive environment in more manageable smaller bites, to prepare us for our "full time" accession / return onto a fully thought responsive plane of existence.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Master
Why are here?: "To Know Thyself".
Why do we dream? To assist with the first.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoughta
Why are here?: "To Know Thyself".
Why do we dream? To assist with the first.
So, what does it mean "To Know Thyself"? How do you "Know Thyself"? How does dreaming assist with it? What led you to think so? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:46 AM
Master
How do you know yourself? By knowing who you are and what you are.
How does dreaming assist with that? To assist with the first. By providing answers to your questions.

Ask yourself those questions and meditate on them before going to bed and see what you get; see what you receive in your dreams as an answer. First, start with "Why am I here?" Ask that for a few days and record the dreams you receive. Then move on to the second question "Why do we dream?"

For clarity sake, only ask one question at a time. Answers may come as a knowing (clair-cognizane), or as a voice or as a dream, but they will come to all who seek in earnest.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Guide
I agree dreams may be the most important thing in our lives... On the other hand, i overall believe were here to have fun and experience. Whats more fun than dreams giving experiences we cant handle in reality?

To support that fact, sagattarians dream the least, but they r the most active ppl in the zodiac.

Its heaven/hell on earth

Now dance!
Old 20-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
To me, one of the most important, and practical, question is: why are we here? Answering this would allow us to try to make the most of our journey through this life.
Hi baro-san, Ah, yet another chance to post this for those that would be drawn to this subject ...Meher Baba...

God is love. And Love must love. And to love there must be a Beloved.
But since God is Existence infinite and eternal there is no one for Him to love but Himself.
And in order to love Himself, He must imagine Himself as the Beloved whom He
as the lover imagines He loves.

Beloved and lover implies separation.
And separation creates longing; and longing causes search.
And the wider and the more intense the search, the greater the separation and the more terrible the longing.
When longing is at it's most intense, separation is complete, and the purpose of separation, which was
that love might experience itself as lover and Beloved,
is fulfilled; and union follows.

And when union is attained, the lover knows that he himself was all along the Beloved, whom he loved and desired union with;
and that all the impossible situations that he overcame were obstacles which he himself had placed in the path to himself.
To attain union is so impossibly difficult because it is impossible to become what you already are!
Union is nothing other than knowledge of oneself as the Only One.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.

Old 20-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Master
Error message.
Old 20-02-2017, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
I agree dreams may be the most important thing in our lives... On the other hand, i overall believe were here to have fun and experience. Whats more fun than dreams giving experiences we cant handle in reality?

To support that fact, sagattarians dream the least, but they r the most active ppl in the zodiac.

Its heaven/hell on earth

Now dance!

I've studied dreams for most of my life and have taught classes on dreams and conducted research on them and have never heard of anything such thing as a specific astrological sign dreaming more or less than any other. Where does this information come from? Is this just your personal belief or is it from some research or study? Thanks!
Old 20-02-2017, 06:42 PM
Master
why r we hear ans coz we wear bown i thng is anser
we dream coz we dream
nt all lifs storyss is gid but not all lifs storrrys bad depnds on planss on wo/man it cret ths erht giv us on ths lif

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔