Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 15-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Knower

What does it mean to watch yourself sleep?

Hi all,

I'm sure this may be posted somewhere here but i couldn't find it :/ I've recently, since summer been having dreams about watching myself sleep just before I wake (which is scary because i wake up in the dark and im scared of the dark)...I saw someone put a caption on a picture on Instagram that when this happens its our 'spirit' returning back to our bodies, and that the real challenge is to remember what you were doing before that moment of waking up.

It does scare me a little, but why does this happen? what exactly does it mean? and does anyone else remember knowing that they do before they wake? x

I've been looking up things on the internet, but i dont find anything entirely helpful xxx
Old 15-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Knower

Also, is there any way i can control it or bring myself to remember what happens before i wake up? x
Old 15-11-2013, 07:51 PM
therobotsghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollypoppet
Also, is there any way i can control it or bring myself to remember what happens before i wake up? x

I'm not sure about the previous part, but I can answer this.

The best way is to keep a dream journal. To write down everything you remember as soon as you wake up. Just by reading it later helps train yourself to remember your dreams. It's pretty much step 1 to lucid dreaming as well. Just keep a notepad by your bed whenever you sleep. You should also try to find a way to wake up softer. Waking up with a alarm blasting in your face completely switches your mental process and can cause you to completely forget your dreams. Try to find a alarm that gradually gets louder. There's plenty of apps for it~ The main thing is to relax and not to try too hard. It'll come to you.

I hope this helps.
Old 15-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Master

We all go out of body during deep sleep and only remember as a dream , if at all . You seeing your self asleep , may be just that . There is nothing to be scared about . Check out astral projection , on this forum and on others .
Old 19-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Master
When you say dreams of watching yourself sleep, a question with only subtle differences.. is it your aware your watching yourself sleep and because that feels different, because you are probably going hold on a minute whats happening here! you wake up, or is it more a dream like in as such, you know your dreaming and are not aware of the weirdness of you realising your watching yourself sleep and then just wake up?
Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 20-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopylucid
When you say dreams of watching yourself sleep, a question with only subtle differences.. is it your aware your watching yourself sleep and because that feels different, because you are probably going hold on a minute whats happening here! you wake up, or is it more a dream like in as such, you know your dreaming and are not aware of the weirdness of you realising your watching yourself sleep and then just wake up?
Loopy :)

Uhm, I guess I know i'm watching myself and wake very startled. Because I know i look just as I have been sleeping...if that makes sense? xx
Old 30-11-2013, 01:30 AM
Experiencer

Sounds like astral projection to me :)
Old 21-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Knower
Yes definately seems like you slip into astral projection when on the borders of being asleep and awake, this startles you and you wake up. Nothing to worry about though ⭐❤⭐