Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 13-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Knower
The sun is a conscious being?

I am interested to read about the sun being worshipped as a conscious being, but not sure where to look. If you can give some refference..?
Old 13-03-2019, 12:33 PM
Pathfinder
Around the world the sun was worshipped in ancient times because of the important role it plays for this planet, so even if it had been lifeless at the start I'm sure it has some form of consciousness by now. As far as where to look for more information take a look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_deity and you'll see something useful, hopefully anyway.
Old 13-03-2019, 01:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_fluffet
Around the world the sun was worshipped in ancient times because of the important role it plays for this planet, so even if it had been lifeless at the start I'm sure it has some form of consciousness by now. As far as where to look for more information take a look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_deity and you'll see something useful, hopefully anyway.

Thanks....
Old 15-03-2019, 12:28 AM
Master
My own understanding of the ‘Central Sun’ is this:
Quote:
The Saami drum is Sun-centred. The 'Beaivi' is a part of the pillar of the universe around which everything takes place in the heaven of the deities as well as among people below.
The drums of the Saami shamans depict mythical representation of the world. These cosmologies are featured around a central sun, based on a sacred, tripartite (3 worlds) model. These veritable cognitive maps are used during shamanistic trances. Inside, these drums also bear esoteric and ritual significations.
More about the Sun from our neck of the woods:
http://voynichbirths.blogspot.com/20...ynich-mss.html

Quote:
"The Eagle in the traditional interpretation embodies the Sun, authority and the Upper World, while Elk/Moose is associated with Power, Generosity and Beauty".

It is the Thunderbird/Eagle (sitting on the top of the World Pole) that initiates the shaman-to-be to the Central Sun Power - as I understand it.

Old 15-03-2019, 02:54 AM
Guide

Why not consciously contact the sun yourself and learn directly
Old 16-03-2019, 03:10 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
My own understanding of the ‘Central Sun’ is this:

More about the Sun from our neck of the woods:
http://voynichbirths.blogspot.com/20...ynich-mss.html

It is the Thunderbird/Eagle (sitting on the top of the World Pole) that initiates the shaman-to-be to the Central Sun Power - as I understand it.

This is very interesting, Thanks. Eagle also can be used to symbolize intelligence...
Old 16-03-2019, 03:20 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorai
Why not consciously contact the sun yourself and learn directly

I will.....
Old 19-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsun
This is very interesting, Thanks. Eagle also can be used to symbolize intelligence...
I didn’t exactly answer your question - if the sun is a conscious being? – directly.

At least, how I understand it from my cultural point of view - the physical sun symbolizes the spiritual source essence, its light energy – which is the luminous consciousness itself.

But is it an entity …. Well …. You cannot exactly ‘summon’ the Central Sun (you are already of its essence), but you can ‘summon’ the Eagle, which like a go-between (or energy function between the absolute & the relative awareness levels) - can awaken us to the realization of the consciousness energy of the Source/Essence/Totality.

Here a sage – clad in holy red & white – 'rides' a black eagle:
https://artnow.ru/img/883000/883205.jpg

Last edited by sentient : 19-03-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Old 21-03-2019, 08:17 AM
Master
Yes, I believe the celestial bodies, such as the sun - like the moon and the earth - are conscious, personal deities next to being physical..
You could check the wiki on solar deities or do focussed meditation.

That’s some nice artwork again, sentient!
Old 09-06-2019, 04:20 PM
Pathfinder

if you look at it from the perspective of puritans we are all one being so in esssence the sun is a part of everything and you are apart of the sun...are you alive? are you the sun? what is you? i think if you dig deeper youll find some interesting answers