Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 11-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Just curious and I don't care if you stay or not, but I gotta ask...why are you here promoting your meat eating on a veg/vegan thread?

And by the way, being an omnivore also means that you can eat and be healthy by only eating plants. For example, did you know that if you have heart disease, diabetes, MS, obesity, fatty liver disease and even some cancers, eating ONLY a balanced diet of plants will reverse the disease process? But a high meat diet will kill you. The average age of mortality for the Inuit of Northern Canada and Greenland is around 68 which is 13 years sooner than their peers in Southern Canada and wherever autopsies have been done (even in the case of accidental deaths) the dead show signs of significant heart disease.

As usual Debrah your points are to the point and "bang on the money" as we say here in England. You make more sense than most people, People should listen to your knowledge if not to follow then to at least educate of fact.....well done for speaking up.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Go back and reread what I said.....I said exactly that....that while we are made to eat just about anything edible that clearly eating junk is not the healthy way to go.

I'll dismiss the rest as you interjecting vegan propaganda into a conversation about junk food and spirituality.

Lucky 1, I know we don't see eye to eye on certain views (and yet I think you make some good points on other things) but why would you dismiss something as vegan propaganda that is pointing out the views of being kind and compassionate and mindful to other sentient beings we share the world with to do with food and spirituality.

You also say humans are omnivores. Are you forgetting we are not the body? Our spirits are harbouring a vessel. That vessel has taste buds but those taste buds do not belong to the spirit
Surely our bodies as a vessel will harbour vibrations......let me put it like this....animals suffer, they suffer in the trucks on the way to the slaughter house...they suffer in the holding pens at the slaughter house...and they suffer being slaughtered. This is a fact. A truthful fact that people dont like to think about....I understand this.
Do you think those poor animals go to slaughter for the fun of it? Of course not...they go in terror.. in misery and surrounded in their own fear faeces....how can anyone think that consuming the result of this will be beneficial to spiritual growth and development....??

You may say I have a problem with the factory farming industry and I do! a big problem!. It is a disgusting practice that should be banned but this does not disguise the fact that I believe that vibrations are important.
I do not claim to know all the answers and I admire many people (some meat eaters) I do not believe meat eaters are bad I just think they are on a different area of the path, maybe right to them at their time! but I truly believe that deep deep down ...compassion and love for all living things is the foundation of spirituality..that's the outcome I think.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:09 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
why are you here promoting
Promoting vegan or meat implies a bias towards the one or the other.

Information is best stripped from opinion to prevent suspicion of manipulation.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Knower
If you want to question foods and their origin and vibration impact...take a look at the amount of spiritual people in the industry (mediums, clairvoyants ets) who are advertising as vegan and vegetarian.....because they know people are looking for those key words!
Old 12-10-2018, 01:09 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
Pagendell. Why on earth are you apologising for using terms like dead flesh? This is exactly what it is my friend...dead slaughtered against their will flesh and if people dont want to hear your compassion for all beings that is their place in their own life path.
You however are on a different path and should never apologise for your compassion for all living things... it is noble just and beautiful....

Thanks Starlight you inspired me to start a new thread
in places where others do not.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
Lucky 1, I know we don't see eye to eye on certain views (and yet I think you make some good points on other things) but why would you dismiss something as vegan propaganda that is pointing out the views of being kind and compassionate and mindful to other sentient beings we share the world with to do with food and spirituality.

You also say humans are omnivores. Are you forgetting we are not the body? Our spirits are harbouring a vessel. That vessel has taste buds but those taste buds do not belong to the spirit
Surely our bodies as a vessel will harbour vibrations......let me put it like this....animals suffer, they suffer in the trucks on the way to the slaughter house...they suffer in the holding pens at the slaughter house...and they suffer being slaughtered. This is a fact. A truthful fact that people dont like to think about....I understand this.
Do you think those poor animals go to slaughter for the fun of it? Of course not...they go in terror.. in misery and surrounded in their own fear faeces....how can anyone think that consuming the result of this will be beneficial to spiritual growth and development....??

You may say I have a problem with the factory farming industry and I do! a big problem!. It is a disgusting practice that should be banned but this does not disguise the fact that I believe that vibrations are important.
I do not claim to know all the answers and I admire many people (some meat eaters) I do not believe meat eaters are bad I just think they are on a different area of the path, maybe right to them at their time! but I truly believe that deep deep down ...compassion and love for all living things is the foundation of spirituality..that's the outcome I think.

Starlight.....I think you might be surprised that I do in fact agree with a fair portion of what you talk about

Commercial meat production is in fact a pretty loathsome thing to witness....I've seen it up close and personal......the problem is that there is no way in hell to feed 7 billion human beings on this planet without large scale raising of animals of all types.....chickens to cows

There is no way in hell to feed 7 billion people on this planet without large scale commercial farming.....and I will tell you that I grew up on a farm and the environmental and ecological footprint of commercial farming of simple fruits and vegetables for instance is absolutely gargantuan done on the scale that it must be done on to have any hope of feeding us all.

Without large scale commercial farming and animal husbandry practices....we simply wouldn't make it! .........Millions to billions would starve to death......and no amount of pie in the sky, spiritual wishing it away is going to change that.

Whats my answer??? Well...myself and the circle I run in are lucky enough to live in a tropical climate and garden year round and grow at least much of what we eat.....I live on the Gulf Of Mexico and we fish often so there's that.

And as you know I follow the spiritual path of the hunter and whatever meat we consume we went out and got ourselves....I can't remember the last time we purchased commercial meat.....and while I don't know if this would make any difference to how you feel about it....but at least the critters we eat were not raised bunched up in a pen....they got to grow up in the wild and have a life first.....and "the end" was short and quick!

I will admit that most people don't have the luxury of the lifestyle I lead.....I have both the climate and the property do do it on....the vast majority of people simply do not.

What's the answer for the bulk of the people around the world????...I'll admit that I just don't know but trashing the folks who feed us because it isn't pretty is not the answer.

The people who farm and ranch are just like the rest of us....trying to make a living....trying to feed the populace of the planet...doing the best they can with what they've got to do it with..

( The next part is lifted from a post I made in another thread)

I also think that the vast majority of vegetarian and vegans are completely unaware that the poorest groups of people around the worlds are already starving and struggling to survive on a vegetarian diet....and they are not too damn happy about I can tell you!!!......Because I've been there!!!

On a trip to Mozambique a few years ago.....I saw with my own eye's just how hard it is to make it on a vegetarian diet.....

For the most part all these people have to eat is cassava (boiled yucca root...pounded into a paste and eaten with there hands) along with the occasional seed pod from grass or trees.

There principle source of protein????...........Rodents!!!
As in catch a rat....shove a stick up its butt....then hold it over a fire and roast it till all the hair is burned off.....then pull off the skin and pick as much meat off the carcass as you can.

As you might imagine...these folks are skinny, weak and largely malnourished and don't live all that long.

While I was with that particular group...I bought them a billy goat for $7 U.S....more money then they will ever see and they either ate or used every part of it right down to the hide, horns and testicles.

Frankly....staying healthy on a vegan diet is a luxury only possible in a wealthy western country with modern supplements

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 12-10-2018 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Knower
Quote:
Starlight.....I think you might be surprised that I do in fact agree with a fair portion of what you talk about

Commercial meat production is in fact a pretty loathsome thing to witness....I've seen it up close and personal......the problem is that there is no way in hell to feed 7 billion human beings on this planet without large scale raising of animals of all types.....chickens to cows

There is no way in hell to feed 7 billion people on this planet without large scale commercial farming.....and I will tell you that I grew up on a farm and the environmental and ecological footprint of commercial farming of simple fruits and vegetables for instance is absolutely gargantuan done on the scale that it must be done on to have any hope of feeding us all.

Without large scale commercial farming and animal husbandry practices....we simply wouldn't make it! .........Millions to billions would starve to death......and no amount of pie in the sky, spiritual wishing it away is going to change that.

Whats my answer??? Well...myself and the circle I run in are lucky enough to live in a tropical climate and garden year round and grow at least much of what we eat.....I live on the Gulf Of Mexico and we fish often so there's that.

And as you know I follow the spiritual path of the hunter and whatever meat we consume we went out and got ourselves....I can't remember the last time we purchased commercial meat.....and while I don't know if this would make any difference to how you feel about it....but at least the critters we eat were not raised bunched up in a pen....they got to grow up in the wild and have a life first.....and "the end" was short and quick!

I will admit that most people don't have the luxury of the lifestyle I lead.....I have both the climate and the property do do it on....the vast majority of people simply do not.

What's the answer for the bulk of the people around the world????...I'll admit that I just don't know but trashing the folks who feed us because it isn't pretty is not the answer.

The people who farm and ranch are just like the rest of us....trying to make a living....trying to feed the populace of the planet...doing the best they can with what they've got to do it with..

I also think that the vast majority of vegetarian and vegans are completely unaware that the poorest groups of people around the worlds are already starving and struggling to survive on a vegetarian diet....and they are not too damn happy about I can tell you!!!......Because I've been there!!!

On a trip to Mozambique a few years ago.....I saw with my own eye's just how hard it is to make it on a vegetarian diet.....

For the most part all these people have to eat is cassava (boiled yucca root...pounded into a paste and eaten with there hands) along with the occasional seed pod from grass or trees.

As in catch a rat....shove a stick up its butt....then hold it over a fire and roast it till all the hair is burned off.....then pull off the skin and pick as much meat off the carcass as you can.

As you might imagine...these folks are skinny, weak and largely malnourished and don't live all that long.

While I was with that particular group...I bought them a billy goat for $7 U.S....more money then they will ever see and they either ate or used every part of it right down to the hide, horns and testicles.

Frankly....staying healthy on a vegan diet is a luxury only possible in a wealthy western country with modern supplements

Thanks for the reply Lucky 1. I have read it with interest. I will address each point as best I can to what I believe.
I want to write a decent reply to you and address your points as you have took the time to reply to me, unfortunately I will have to do this tomorrow as I do not have time to do it now but just wanted to put this message in to say i will reply soon.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
This may be a complicated question but if so I was wondering how I can add this on to my everyday life. If junk food is bad for spirit (speaking in terms of whether it may be because I don’t know) is it okay to have it occasionally? Or should I just stay away from it altogether. If the answer is yes junk is bad I’d possibly like to know which junk foods are bad so I can better myself. :)

It isn't that complicated ... Junk food is bad for your physical health. Physical health affects your thoughts and emotions, so influences what thought forms you create. Your thought forms are the karma that follows you both in your current life and in your subsequent lives.

Beyond the direct physical effect which our diet has on our health ... If you believe that something you do is bad for your health, that will affect your health negatively, while if you believe it is good, it will affect it positively.

On a lighter note ... Alexander Woollcott said "All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening". There is a seed of truth there ...
Old 12-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Master

Quote:
And by the way, being an omnivore also means that you can eat and be healthy by only eating plants. ...

You made an untrue statement there ... Eating only plants will sicken and kill you with B12 deficiency. It is called pernicious anemia.

Probably you know that, but you got carried away by your emotions. Somebody might read what you wrote, and not know that. Be more careful!
Old 13-10-2018, 10:37 PM
Knower
Quote:

I am not really surprised that you agree with a fair portion of what I say Lucky 1 as no one would condone cruelty. There is a great deal of difference from the cruelty that goes on in the farming industry and someone starving who hunts to feed their family. (although I have my own views on that too).

Let me address your points: I have no doubt that you have seen things up close in factory farming or ranching and you sound like you are well traveled.

Regarding there not being enough vegetation to feed 7 million people.... The animals themselves have to be fed on grains,corn etc grown of the earth.
If meat can be mass produced then that meat in its life needs feeding.
Surely that food that is fed to them could be used to to feed people, corn and grain could go a long way as animals themselves would not be in the numbers they are now in any way.. as they would not be needed to be mass produced and artificially bred. Nature would naturally select.

Also, if animals can be mass produced for food this can be easily done with crop surely in most areas of the world. Orchards etc.

The fact is humans can live off a variety of plants and vegetation. Some of the things we are not even familiar with, if society was different it would be more known. Even remote places have something, the earth is plentiful and full of nutrients and goodness in the strangest places.

I call it human lack of intelligence on the subject on a mass scale (or just the love of the taste of meat) that takes the enquiring mind away from studying nutrition and how to find it.

People will sooner head to a burger bar than read a book on the nutrients of a tree or plant.

It is society to blame....they have distorted peoples natural way of thinking from the beginning of time and replaced it with nonsense and multi million pound organisations of corruption, greed and cruelty regarding our food.

It is the mindset of the person that is in question , the motive and the reason.

Hunting for fun I do not agree with..this is cruel....factory farming is cruel.

As for farmers trying to scratch a living?
I dont think I have ever seen a farmer who truly cares for their 'animals' at all...they care for the money that their flesh will bring...
....... but this is when the spirit of a person(the farmer) comes through,,, and the measure of the man (or woman ) I feel...

How does one claim to care on a farm for their livestock and then pack them off for slaughter without a second thought....
where is the compassion for the poor beast that looks into your eyes as you load it onto the slaughter truck when there is a tree full of apples in the next field. Some even name their animals...talk to them...and as cold as you like send "Old Berty"to be killed without the blink of an eye...some even eat them themselves.....to me this is beyond comprehension.

You may say I look at it too simplistically but if this thinking was widespread there would be less health problems, the right amount of animals in the world in their natural native countries and less violence and negative vibrations due to animal murder on mass scale and the consumption of slaughtered flesh.

I still stand by what I have said all along.. love and compassion for all living things is the basis of spirituality.
I wish you well