Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Dear Sparrow,

How great it is to speak with you again and delve into these threads, which enjoy such burgeoning activity once more.

My newest question concerns my state of mental balance and cultivation, for lack of a better categorization.

I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder since around the age of 16. This sometimes manifests with anxiety, and mania alternating with depression from week to week or month to month. Howevever, it is also clear to me that when I am just somewhat manic, although I lose some focus and my sleep cycle is disturbed, my mind also seems to open up and make more and often better connections, allowing me to tap into my potential creativity, sense of humor, positive attitude, intelligence, and sociability, and sense of positive spirituality, among others things.

While I will of course discuss these questions with the acupuncturist who I see regularly and with my biomedical mental healthcare practitioner, I seek your advice on how to find a balance, where I keep things on an even keel, and at the same time, retain the activation of the often-latent potentials of my mind.

As I have said a simple thank you so many times before, this time I will simply shake your hand.

Justin

Dear Justin,

I reciprocate to begin and shake your hand in equal kindness.

To find balance with this condition is really a matter of sustaining a healthy awareness and sense of self-governance. This will begin with you learning all you can about the condition which you feel ails you. Parallel to this you will also want to learn all you can about your true Self. This means identifying your central core values and exactly how you truly feel about yourself; how you truly perceive who and what you are, and your ultimate purpose and sense of worth. Without this in place as your harbour of peace and focus you will always feel adrift and lost without a sense of control. You must have a central focus of self-worth and identity to create the foundation of support within you to handle all of life’s challenges. These will be your roots to ground you amidst the tides of your emotional and mental storms. This will also provide you with a central focus and inspiration when, as you say, tap into your enhanced creative surges.

You will find writing down on paper points of focus for your use and facilitation when you do suffer these episodes. So too writing down how you feel for later reflection will program your mind to become more self-aware and attentive to detail. Not to mention increasing your capacity for memory. This will also give you an outlet for your experiences in a non-destructive way and give you a real sense of understanding of what is taking place within you over time.

Be particularly conscious and wise in your choosing of diet, for the chemical intake and ingestion into your own chemical system will greatly affect your mood swings. Be pure as you can with your food sources. Be vigilant of the purity of your water source. Stay physically active and mobilise your entire body for regular activity and exercise. Keep your mind similarly active and nourished with healthy positive attitude. Remember my words on environment; become aware of its influences upon your state of mind and emotional wellbeing. Find the time to immerse yourself in nature to connect with the natural rhyme and vibrations of the planet you live on. Be forever creative in all you do; creativity enhances positive mood and stimulates energy currents which enhance the communicative wellbeing of your body, mind and spirit.

Namaste.
-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 18-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Dear Sparrow,

To your awareness, are there such beings as Androids or other so-called "artificial"--though I wish not to use a possibly demeaning term such as that--life forms in existence?
Well now, does this question pertain to Earth or elsewhere in the cosmos friend?

-Sparrow

Old 18-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Well now, does this question pertain to Earth or elsewhere in the cosmos friend?

-Sparrow

Anywhere in the cosmos
Old 18-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Dear Spirit Guide Sparrrow,

I have seen references in several philosophical and/or spiritual sources to a concept called duality, which seems to be a limitation of human physical existence and/or something to be transcended. Would you please explain what is meant by this duality?
Yes I see.

Duality is perceived as two opposite ends of a spectrum, whether it be good and evil or anything else which has opposing natures.

Limitation? No. That is simply a mindset or attitude of those who have yet to foster deeper wisdom, to identify value in that which allows the full spectrum of your Source to be expressed in all its diverse beauty and opportunity.

Duality is something which grants you the gift of perspective, from one vantage point or state of consciousness to another. When one teaches you duality is something to be transcended, this suggests someone else is trying to steer your own ship to their own horizon and tell you your own destiny. They may try to teach you that one thing must be forsaken and forced out for the sake and justification of attaining some elevated transcended state of enlightenment. Your spirit is already enlightened, it has always been and never ceases to be so. They may try to teach you that you must steer clear of the dark and embrace only love and light, for unless you do you live in duality. Yet you would not know the value of love and light should the dark not present golden perspective and Self-realization. You cannot find value in the beauty and purpose of a simple candle light without the presence of its opposite. You cannot be fully self-aware if all you are aware of is one end of the spectrum.

Duality is an inherent attribute of physical state. Hot and cold; light and dark; near and far; love and fear, are all aspects of the duality which you are immersed in as a physical being. You are not here in order to conquer it, to wage a war with darkness and fear, for these things are your greatest teachers. You are here to sample the state of it that you may see your Self from a different vantage point; that you may sample another flavour of the source that is yours to create with as you choose.

Duality does not create imbalance within you; your attitude towards and relationship with duality is what creates imbalance. Yin and yang - the marriage of energies which dance together to form the structures of life you observe in physical state. Duality is primarily of the mind, for your thoughts seek to wrap experiences into boxes to accommodate a convenient relationship with them. They will be thought of as either ‘good’ or ‘bad’. Consequently an abundance of ‘bad’ experiences then creates imbalance within you. So what you will want to do, is not seek to ascended beyond duality, but change your thoughts about it. Instead of your experience being good or bad, let it simply be an experience. Instead of an individual being good or evil, recognise their capacity for both and relinquish the labels of either.

-Sparrow

Old 21-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Anywhere in the cosmos
Dear Justin,
Salutations of love and light.

In this case, and in my awareness my response would be, yes. There are synthetic, technological and non-organic life in the cosmos, however you choose to term it. Just as you will similarly find small, and sometimes large, artificial planets, moons and satellites which have also been built. Some of which have the capacity to move from one point in the universe to another, much like a spacecraft. A general example of this perhaps is Iapetus. This was at one time a purposely built craft which is now in orbit around Saturn’s moon Titan. This has the outward appearance to many as just another small orbiting moon, though with closer study you will be able to identify it as an artificial structure which has been built, hence you will see a clear visible connective seam all the way around its equator. Titan itself reveals many qualities attributed to the Earth purely because many elements that made up the Earth and what is now Earths moon were dispersed through collision to orbit around Saturn.

What you may tend to find in terms of non-organic life [androids] is that many metals and other such materials within the cosmos have very organic-like properties. This is to say friend, there are elements in the universe which have the durability of strong metals but with the flexibility and dynamic usability of organic textures. When you then come to meet such life forms, who perhaps to your definition would be an android or robot, would actually appear very organic in texture to touch and their fluidity of motion will often be greater than your own. Many of the UFO vehicles for example you may encounter are in fact biologically grown ‘artificial’ organisms, which give the appearance to human beings as being rigid solid structures. Many of these structures, these technologies, respond directly to thought in their manoeuvres.
So what you may eventually come to find is that the more advanced societies which grow these type of life forms tend to use traded elements from other star systems through which to create greatly diversified organisms.

-Sparrow

Old 22-02-2013, 03:17 AM
TheLegendaryDreamer

Quote:
May the universe smile upon you friend.

You may actually find a few pieces of poetry of my own scattered upon these forums.

The steps most suited for you will depend entirely on the journey you wish to take. You have identified a certain value you possess which you have brought with you, it is now for you to choose where to go with this wonderful gift. It is only when you choose something for yourself that those with you, who are present to support you, can better do so with your own energy momentum. They will help carry your energy intention where you want it to go, but it is you who must first create the intention.

As with all gifts you will want to perfect and attune it to your own central core values in order to receive the greatest sense of fulfilment from it. This means allowing this gift its own sacred space and its own time to blossom. Like a beautiful flower, bring it into the light and illuminate your gift within the lives of others that you may offer a seed of value where there is a hunger for it. Nourish it with food and water and allow your gift to nurture in the warmth and care of your heart, that it may mature into something beautiful. Look after its sacred roots; remember where you have come from and keep alive those childhood qualities of character that are a part of your magnificent spirit. Cultivate and care for these inherent values as if they were your own child. They will grow and develop to reflect the environment you have raised them in, so do not neglect the environment within which you express your gifts.

Fragment of cosmic breath; you have a certain fluidity of thought parallel to your imagery and emotion. You have an inherent romanticised quality within your grasp and within your understanding. You have the ability to move energy in others merely with an orchestration of words. I commend you.

May your focus be of the light, that you may illuminate a path out of your present darkness.
-Sparrow

Dear Sparrow,

Thank you for your kind and reassuring words. They have been very helpful. As you can see, I have posted another poem in the link in my signature.

As of late, I have had a slew of almost crippling anxiety and paranoia, coupled with what I like to describe as "meltdowns" -- feelings of a total loss of control over my emotions and what is happening in my mind. Perhaps it can be felt within my latest "orchestration of words." I have been looking for ways to cope with my present darkness, but my current condition has been a rollercoaster of violent moods and irrational fears, with no easy way of expressing them in ways that do not hurt other beings. This is devastating at times, especially because I was a victim of harsh violence in the past and I fully know how that feels.

One of the irrational (unexplainable) fears that I have been experiencing is that every time I cross an intersection on my walking path home every school day, I keep feeling that someone in a vehicle is going to smash into me either without noticing or on purpose. Even though my rational mind keeps telling me that this is unrealistic, I cannot escape the wall of fear that I have to face every time. I even repeatedly get mental images of this happening (it happened in my dream last night, too). Can you elaborate on what may be the cause of this? Also, what are some tactics that I can use to cope with my intense anxiety, to prevent meltdowns from happening, or better recognize one when it is happening?

Thank you, Sparrow. As you may see, I have been very close to breaking down as of late. Your posts help me a great deal to feel comfort in remembering who I truly am, but lately, life has been very emotionally taxing for me.
Old 22-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Bmain

Quote:
Homework - oh my, what a disturbing thought.

-Sparrow

Dear Spirit Guide Sparrow

I had a very good chuckle, following your comment. Your way with words and your humer is inspiring.

Part of my comment was only an attempt from me for some humer and I am glad it was taken that way :).
Old 22-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Bmain

I felt it best to post my question in this thread for I believe it is more aimed at life than after.

My appologies if my expression with words is not as fine tuned as it should be. (English is not my first language, yet I do feel comfortable communicating with it)

That being said, I will now attempt my questions:

I have along the way `picked up` a few sayings that I try and use everyday. For example: -See yourself as a mirror. That what you see/recognize in others is a reflection of your feelings/emotion. -See yourself as a sieve, you feel positive, only positive will come through etc. -Send out goodwill and love to everyone in your path. (In Thought)
(In my own words, short descriptions. Wonder where I saw this? :) )
Do I interperet it correctly and if so, what else in baby steps can I do to ease my perception/understanding? I quess I am aiming the question at re-programming my old society programmed believes.

I read on these forums people speak of grounding yourself. In your view, is this neccessary and if so what does it mean?

The other one is enlightened. Also if it exists, the meaning and how can it be achieved. Does something eventually just `click`?. (Questions with the assumption that it does exist.)

With a lot of appreciation I will await your answers.
Old 23-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendaryDreamer
Dear Sparrow,

Thank you for your kind and reassuring words. They have been very helpful. As you can see, I have posted another poem in the link in my signature.

As of late, I have had a slew of almost crippling anxiety and paranoia, coupled with what I like to describe as "meltdowns" -- feelings of a total loss of control over my emotions and what is happening in my mind. Perhaps it can be felt within my latest "orchestration of words." I have been looking for ways to cope with my present darkness, but my current condition has been a rollercoaster of violent moods and irrational fears, with no easy way of expressing them in ways that do not hurt other beings. This is devastating at times, especially because I was a victim of harsh violence in the past and I fully know how that feels.

One of the irrational (unexplainable) fears that I have been experiencing is that every time I cross an intersection on my walking path home every school day, I keep feeling that someone in a vehicle is going to smash into me either without noticing or on purpose. Even though my rational mind keeps telling me that this is unrealistic, I cannot escape the wall of fear that I have to face every time. I even repeatedly get mental images of this happening (it happened in my dream last night, too). Can you elaborate on what may be the cause of this? Also, what are some tactics that I can use to cope with my intense anxiety, to prevent meltdowns from happening, or better recognize one when it is happening?

Thank you, Sparrow. As you may see, I have been very close to breaking down as of late. Your posts help me a great deal to feel comfort in remembering who I truly am, but lately, life has been very emotionally taxing for me.
I empathise with your difficult condition. Remember you are never truly alone, for the many thousands of beings within your own soul group are watching over your every step safeguarding your sacred spark. This is not simply a hopeful romanticised vision to make you feel better, it is a fact, and you will come to know this during your own life review. But that all in good time, for you have much more to do here.

This irrational fear that you have is not a vision of a foretold event to come, but an echo of a fragment memory of a past event (Memory is held within and travels through vibrations). The event itself has nothing specifically to do with the present physical you, but something which your active mind has elaborated into a conscious form of paranoia. In a sense, your analytical possessive mind interprets this memory echo as relating directly to you, which in turn causes your own thoughts to victimise you and plague your sense of reality. Because your human brain is conditioned to place ownership on everything intimate, it consequently then also adopts behaviours of mind and attitude which interprets phobias and fears as something which belongs to them. Hence, you will say ‘I fear this’.

Because your thoughts do not, in a sense turn off, you will naturally find that they will indulge themselves in your own dream state independently of your will or control over them. This is a natural process of living thought seeking to become Self-aware through expression. It is what thoughts do when your conscious mind is not seeking to control them.

Now friend, when these anxieties arise and seem to take hold of you and your intention of mind, you will find it commandeers your sense of perspective and grounding. So what you are going to want to do is refocus your state of mind and ground it within the very core roots of who you perceive yourself to be. You may wish, if you like, to first focus on your breath; with each slow inhale you will affirm your true sense of Self-worth and that this is something which can never be taken away from you by any force in the universe. With each slow exhale breathe out and let go any and all fear that tries to victimise you. Then let go of all thought altogether. Where there is no thought, there is no fear.

Understand that these anxieties are simply a product of thought. If in your infinite creativity you wish to paint a better picture for yourself, then do so if this also helps. So when you become aware of thoughts and images within your mind which carry the seed of distress, simply allow the creative persona that you are to begin to create your own painted positive movie and imagery within mind, that portrays a more beautified and benevolent vision.

-Sparrow

Old 23-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmain

I felt it best to post my question in this thread for I believe it is more aimed at life than after.

My appologies if my expression with words is not as fine tuned as it should be. (English is not my first language, yet I do feel comfortable communicating with it)

That being said, I will now attempt my questions:

I have along the way `picked up` a few sayings that I try and use everyday. For example: -See yourself as a mirror. That what you see/recognize in others is a reflection of your feelings/emotion. -See yourself as a sieve, you feel positive, only positive will come through etc. -Send out goodwill and love to everyone in your path. (In Thought)
(In my own words, short descriptions. Wonder where I saw this? :) )
Do I interperet it correctly and if so, what else in baby steps can I do to ease my perception/understanding? I quess I am aiming the question at re-programming my old society programmed believes.

I read on these forums people speak of grounding yourself. In your view, is this neccessary and if so what does it mean?

The other one is enlightened. Also if it exists, the meaning and how can it be achieved. Does something eventually just `click`?. (Questions with the assumption that it does exist.)

With a lot of appreciation I will await your answers.
Dear Bmain,

You grace me with many questions simultaneously.
To bring value to each point of query and thought we should address them individually.

See yourself as a mirror. That what you see/recognize in others is a reflection of your feelings/emotion.

How you perceive and relate to others mirrors the relationship that you have with your true self, your own thoughts and consciousness. As you develop and purify your relationship with yourself and your thoughts in this way what you perceive in others will expand significantly and intimately. In judging another what you are actually doing is attaching your own value structure to your own thoughts, and then trying to give ownership of those values to something or someone else. So in a sense, you are not judging anyone else, only your own thought and value which you have created. The other person is merely reflecting your own attitude of mind back to you, for what you give out shall always return to you - for we are all One.

See yourself as a sieve, you feel positive, only positive will come through etc.

This is sound logic in theory, but challenging in physical reality. Not only must you try to feel positive but also to think positive thoughts as well. Amidst this internal challenge lies your external environment with its consistent bombardment of circumstance which affect you on every level. While you may try your very best to maintain this inward equilibrium, the external equilibrium is far beyond any one persons control. What many, perhaps sound in their approach and wisdom try to do, is they try to sieve out all the negative aspects of their lives in order to stay positive and joyful. This can however takes its toll and leave even the most loving spiritual warrior sapped and wilfully depleted.

Dear friend, there is another way which does not deplete you so nor deploy you against an endless opposing force. That is the way of Self-value. It is you dear friend who create the value of negativity which you then seek to escape from. Since it is a value you have created, your creation will follow you around for the rest of your earthly journey. Would it not be simpler then to change your own inherent values within you that all external energies are received in singular light and love, without a need for a sieve?

Negativity is a value adopted by you in physical state, it is not a value inherent within you prior to coming to physical Earth.

Send out goodwill and love to everyone in your path.

Do so with all sincerity and you will create ripples within lives that create whole oceans of love and connectivity upon which you all may set sail towards a far more beautiful horizon.

Do I interperet it correctly and if so, what else in baby steps can I do to ease my perception/understanding?

The first step is by letting go of the perceptions fed to you by the conditioned society you exist within. Let not the word of another try to tell you what truth or reality is, create it for yourself despite the reactions or reservations others place upon you. Your courage of heart and leadership of mind will inspire millions in ways you could not begin to fathom.

I read on these forums people speak of grounding yourself. In your view, is this necessary and if so what does it mean?

Grounding is imperative, for if you were not so, you would simply die, or lose your sense of reality. That is, your biological organism would eventually die, for your energy would be focused elsewhere and neglect the ‘physical stuff’ to which you are apart. This can be observed more so in elderly individuals who perhaps have lost loves ones, and who themselves wait to join them in the afterlife. They tend to be those who are less grounded, for their consciousness is more dispersed from the present physical moment, hence you may find their passing often swift and unexpected.

Ground yourself involves focusing your awareness within the present physical moment where all aspects of your multidimensional energies all align to. It means being ever-present in the life and circumstance you are in, and aligning thought and feeling to your physical senses of touch, taste, smell, sound and sight. What this allows your consciousness to do is focus your intention and energy interactivity in the present moment, allowing you the capacity to choose and change your current experience. If you are not grounded, your energy focus and intention is dispersed, diluting your capacity to choose and change circumstance that affect your immediate physical reality. Grounding is your physical anchor which connects you to the energies that sustain your physical health, vibrancy and roots to planet Earth which enrich your chemical cellular structure.

You can ground yourself by immersing yourself in nature; perhaps feel the soil upon your feet or the petting of a beautiful animal. You can indulge a delicious tasty meal or simply focus on the natural process of breath; anything that utilities and stimulates your physical senses and brings you ‘down to Earth’.

Enlightenment is not a thing to which one becomes apparent to, or something which ‘clicks’ one fine morning. It is something which you become without you knowing you have become it, for you actually let go of the need or want to be that. There is no persona present of ‘I want to be enlightened’. As long as your desire exists to attain a thing called enlightenment, you will never experience it. You will simply exhibit characteristics of behaviour and mind which, in your own value structure, deem to be a form of enlightenment. Someone else far more wise than you will then come along and say, well that is not enlightenment. Enlightenment does not require persona; it does not want to be Self-achieved. It is a pure state of bliss, connectivity and spirit union which takes place when one gives of themselves without thought for themselves, for they no longer experience themselves as ‘selves’, only one with everything. In this state, there is no thought of ‘I am enlightened’, for there is no thought of ‘I’ ever arising.

May you be with peace, and may peace be with you.
-Sparrow