Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-09-2012, 07:42 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow

I will certainly not try to focus my attention to objects, my breathing etc. It doesn't work.

So you don't agree with the Buddha's method either?
Old 23-09-2012, 07:45 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Hey Mountain-Goat. After reading your post, I'm feeling even stronger that 3dnow did not read the book very carefully. 3dnow, I'd like to suggest that you read A New Earth, if you haven't already. I read TPON first only because it came first in the mail after ordering them online, even though a strong review at alibris.com said that ANE was the book to read first, because it lays the groundwork for TPON. Just a suggestion.

Hi silver,

The basic idea in Tolle's books is wrong. He missed the point that if we cannot stay in the now, this is because there are mental illusions. We need to let go these mental illusions otherwise we cannot stay in the Now. For example:

We should admit our mind is not in the Now because we find it “boring”. We look around, we see the mountains, buildings, animals but we do not feel bliss. This is not because there is something wrong with us, or we are incapable of happiness. This is because of a mental illusion:

We think that we understand this 3d reality.

which is totally wrong. Because of other problems and in order to avoid looking stupid, longtime ago we started to pretend to understand what this 3d reality is. We in fact have no idea what it is. It is also impossible to not fear this 3d reality. Because we do not even know where we are. What we should do is to admit that we fear it and try to feel the fear slowly. This fear does not come right away. To feel this fear, we also need to let go the unconscious fear of other humans who make fun of our fears. We let go this fear, by noticing that those who make fun of fear never felt the fear. So they in fact did not let go that fear.

We should we accept that:

1. We do not understand this 3d reality

2. We fear it

We need to accept these otherwise we cannot reach the now. Because we can see nothing interesting there.
Old 23-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Buzz

In one sense you can never leave the present moment. Even when you are thinking of the past or worrying about the future, you are doing so in the present. Personally the I feel the state of liberation is a state of 'mindlessness'.
Old 23-09-2012, 07:54 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
In one sense you can never leave the present moment. Even when you are thinking of the past or worrying about the future, you are doing so in the present. Personally the I feel the state of liberation is a state of 'mindlessness'.

I think this is correct. But what is mindlessness? To me, it means letting go mental illusions. For example the mental illusion that we understand what this 3d environment is.

When I accept that I have no idea, I can feel the bliss.
Old 23-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Mountain-Goat

I dunno about 3d reading carefully or not.
Each person discerns their own way, and a person can be meticulous and still
come up with a different experience than others.

I have found in my reading experiences that two people can speak on a similar subject,
explaining identical aspects, yet i will only understand one of the authors.
I simply do not resonate with some people's word usage.
Or, though they are explaining one subject, they are intentionally or unintentionally infusing that concept with other concepts\beliefs\theories that i do not agree with.
That there message is lost in all this other stuff they are going on about.
Or, the book is initially about one thing, to me, Tolle's The Power of Now, was only about the thing i posted to 3d,
but i suspect if i read it again, i would see lots of stuff i never saw the first time around.

Perhaps Tolle had blown the simplicity of being present out into bizarre metaphysical proportions.
I never noticed it when i read it, but reading his second book, i started seeing his questionable theories,
which i presume are expansions on his intitial "being present" revelation.
Old 23-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Buzz

Quote:
I think this is correct. But what is mindlessness? To me, it means letting go mental illusions. For example the mental illusion that we understand what this 3d environment is.

When I accept that I have no idea, I can feel the bliss.

The easiest way to experience mindlessness or no mind is to engage in a state of play or sport or interaction of some sort with others. I used to play basketball and when the team really gelled as a unit, no thought was involved. It was referred to as being in the zone. This happens with musicians a lot and even in the presence of someone you love at that time the hours seem like seconds.
Old 23-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
There is no correct method, like a science formula that can be applied to anyone's life. If that is the correct approach for you, and you know that in your heart, then fantastic, that is your path. Tolle is not right for you.

Tolle has resonated with millions of people around the world. He is bursting with presence and inspiration from source is flowing out of him. There is SO much endless depth in his teachings and he has helped and awakened people on a greater scale than any other modern day spiritual teacher I can think of.

If a teacher that prolific has encapsulated such a wide audience, and his message is 'incorrect', then he is tricking a great percentage of people. If that is the case, then that must be a lesson we must learn at this time, so still right for where we are at. I know that's not the case in my heart. His message is profound and flows direct from source.

Stick with what is right for you. I agree, it's not about forcing ourselves into the present moment. But I don't believe that is what Tolle is teaching us to do. If his message doesn't resonate for you, then there is no need to worry about his message.

I like what you said, peacegarden - I rez with it. That's only a fraction of the message he writes about...

Old 23-09-2012, 08:08 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat
I dunno about 3d reading carefully or not.
Each person discerns their own way, and a person can be meticulous and still
come up with a different experience than others.

I have found in my reading experiences that two people can speak on a similar subject,
explaining identical aspects, yet i will only understand one of the authors.
I simply do not resonate with some people's word usage.
Or, though they are explaining one subject, they are intentionally or unintentionally infusing that concept with other concepts\beliefs\theories that i do not agree with.
That there message is lost in all this other stuff they are going on about.
Or, the book is initially about one thing, to me, Tolle's The Power of Now, was only about the thing i posted to 3d,
but i suspect if i read it again, i would see lots of stuff i never saw the first time around.

Perhaps Tolle had blown the simplicity of being present out into bizarre metaphysical proportions.
I never noticed it when i read it, but reading his second book, i started seeing his questionable theories,
which i presume are expansions on his intitial "being present" revelation.

I read it 30 times Tolle's book. I read the second one too, I couldn't find what I am looking for:

If my mind is not in the now, there is a reason. I should find it.
Old 23-09-2012, 08:10 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
There is no correct method, like a science formula that can be applied to anyone's life. If that is the correct approach for you, and you know that in your heart, then fantastic, that is your path. Tolle is not right for you.

Tolle has resonated with millions of people around the world. He is bursting with presence and inspiration from source is flowing out of him. There is SO much endless depth in his teachings and he has helped and awakened people on a greater scale than any other modern day spiritual teacher I can think of.

If a teacher that prolific has encapsulated such a wide audience, and his message is 'incorrect', then he is tricking a great percentage of people. If that is the case, then that must be a lesson we must learn at this time, so still right for where we are at. I know that's not the case in my heart. His message is profound and flows direct from source.

Stick with what is right for you. I agree, it's not about forcing ourselves into the present moment. But I don't believe that is what Tolle is teaching us to do. If his message doesn't resonate for you, then there is no need to worry about his message.

The fact that billions likes his work only means that the topic is interesting.

He is correct about the problem, but his method is not really correct to me. What he says is like: The power of playing guitar.

If I cannot play, there should be some reason. I have to find it.
Old 23-09-2012, 08:22 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
I read it 30 times Tolle's book. I read the second one too, I couldn't find what I am looking for:

Quote:
He is correct about the problem, but his method is not really correct to me.

Then why not let him go? Why keep yourself stuck finding faults in one teacher that doesn't work for you?

There are millions of books on the subject