Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Morgana Rose

afraid and not sure why

i know it's illogical but i am petrified of dying, i understand and believe i'll be back and that i have nothing to fear, and yet i am still so very scared...
i used to cry myself to sleep when i was a little girl because i was so scared.
i don't know where this fear comes from and was wondering if anyone could help me understand why i have this irrational fear of the inevitable...
Old 12-10-2011, 11:12 AM
silent whisper

I also had this fear Morgana. I feared the unknown of death more than anything, but I also was terrified of the dying process.I had to face this fear with my guides recently and was shown how it was to die. They also showed me how to open fully to life beyond this reality. I discovered connections that helped me see that I have nothing to fear. I wonder is it the dying process you fear as in the physical sensations of dying and how you might die, or the unknown element in the transition?
Old 12-10-2011, 11:16 AM
silent whisper

I just wanted to add, you mentioned that as a little girl you were afraid of death. I wonder if back then that fear of death came about through some kind of loss that you own feelings were never worked through with a caring adult, to help you understand.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Master
everyone is scared of dying Morgana. I have always found the best way to control thoughts of fears is to get busy. If you immerse yourself in work or a project it will soon go away. thats what i do get as busy as I can then come down off that and relax. the cycle of that heps to shut off negative thoughts.

prayer and meditation heps too. Talk to god in prayer and talk about your fears. You can find comfort there. Avoid alcohol for this it will depress you and make it worse.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:38 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana Rose
i know it's illogical but i am petrified of dying, i understand and believe i'll be back and that i have nothing to fear, and yet i am still so very scared...
i don't know where this fear comes from and was wondering if anyone could help me understand why i have this irrational fear of the inevitable...

Have you talked to your parents about possible triggers when you were little? Like attending a funeral when you were too young to understand, seeing something on TV or hearing adult conversation?

It could also be a past life trauma that you carried with you into this life.

EFT can help as can cutting cords.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/fo...play.php?f=119

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7568
Old 12-10-2011, 03:31 PM
PanBaccha

Fear of death is fear of the unknown.
But the unknown is truly not unknown.
Seated deep in the subconscious is the
origin of your true identity and true home.
Death, like life, is a threshold between the
heavens and the classroom Earth. I use to
experience the same anxieties stepping over
the threshold of my high school each day;
especially on Mondays!
Old 13-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Morgana Rose

there were no triggers at a young age so i'm not sure where it is coming from iolite.
and to silent whisperer it is both really that i'm afraid of, the physical sensations and the unknown of what really lies beyond even though i have faith in what lies beyond... quite confusing i know...
Old 13-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:

This is actually a wonderful question to ask yourself.

If 1,000 people answered this question for you, you would get 1,000 different perspectives about it. None of them would be helpful because the only answer you need to find is your own.

I hope this point of view is helpful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 13-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Master

Quote:
i know it's illogical but i am petrified of dying,
There is nothing illogical about this fear. Aftere we die we will all face God's judgment and none of us has fully lived up to God's requirements. Here are two good sites where you can find out how to be prepared for this judgment:

http://www.backtothebible.org/Indexes/index.php?option=com_mosforms&Itemid=180

http://carm.org/jesus-saves
Old 13-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Medium_Laura

Oh I'm sure that helped her not to be afraid Theo... Nice job with the preaching.