Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 08-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe of Wildwood
True magic is neither black nor white, it simply is. Some try to practice "black" or "white" magic, but this is only the intent of the witch. It's just sorta follow the wiccan creed thing:
If ye harm none
Do as ye will.

Sorry if this info is off guys, I'm sorta new age, so my wicca might be a little untraditional, I'm not sure.

It's not off wolfe of wildwood for someone newage it's pretty acurate as there is no black or white and it is just the intention of the caster and the whole wiccan creed is:
Bide the wiccan law ye must
in perfect love and perfect trust
Eight words the wiccan Rede Fulfill:
An' ye harm none, do what ye will

What ye send forth comes back to thee
So ever mind the rule of three
Follow this with mind and heart
Merry ye meet, and merry ye part
Old 09-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Knower
thanks :] wasn't sure. I sometimes say things that don't fit what tradition states. Also, you can't always trust the internet, which is unfortunately where I get nearly all my information.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Lunacie

I believe that magic is something we use, like a tool. It doesn't matter to me if my hammer has a black handle or a white handle or a blue handle or a red handle. I can use my magic or my hammer to build/create something or I can use it to destroy/harm something.

If I'm using my hammer to break apart something like an old shed and then using my hammer to build something new with the wood - am I a "black witch" or a "white witch?" Those labels have little meaning for me.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Master
"Magic" is the channeling and directing of natural Earth energies,. These are neither black nor white, they just are. The "flavour" comes from the intent of the user. Many "witches" follow the Crooked Path which veers from black to white.
Old 16-05-2011, 11:00 AM
White Rabbit Australia

Black Within White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness95
i think i'm going to be both. so i need some help. any info on what its like being either a white witch or a black witch?

thankies!
~M.

I can give you some info based on my experience. I have acted to channel both darkness on its own or light on its own at one time or another through the Craft or other LHP mediums/paths - they both have their advantages and their drawbacks; its only when you combine them that balance is achieved.

Live one, then other other, then combine the two experiences as a synthesis.

:)

WR
Old 03-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit Australia
I can give you some info based on my experience. I have acted to channel both darkness on its own or light on its own at one time or another through the Craft or other LHP mediums/paths - they both have their advantages and their drawbacks; its only when you combine them that balance is achieved.

Live one, then the other, then combine the two experiences as a synthesis.

:)

WR

Best yet, everyone follow White Rabbit Australia and put an end to this, Black and white, good and bad, find that balance
Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
LightFilledHeart

Many who work with magic dabble in a bit of both white and black. I've heard them referred to as "grey witches" In other words they wouldn't do anything truly evil, but they're not above spellingn someone to walk into a wall and get a goose egg on their forehead if said person has been cruel to an animal, for example, or crossed some other boundary.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have to agree with Wolfe of the Wildwood here in simply Black and White is but intent. We are all I personally feel of the Light and the Dark in us it is HOW we personally choose to use and balance that in us.

Having followed along the path of both what is perceived as Light ( God ) and the Dark ( Satan ) I have come to find it was nothing more than personal growth for me. To bring me to the place of peace and balance I am now in. The intent was to simply learn and not to act in harmful ways.

Its time that the understandings move past the dull and boarning movies and TV shows that are out there. That is not real or real life.

Go with what path fits to ye and to what feels right in one's gut as that place does not lie to one. If it feels wrong then it is wrong.

Lynn
Old 04-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness95
i think i'm going to be both. so i need some help. any info on what its like being either a white witch or a black witch?

thankies!
~M.

How do you decide that you are going to be this? Surely you follow a path that is right for you and then, if necessary, you find a label that suits.

In asking how to be a black/white witch it sounds like you see that these labels are perceived in a certain way and it is that perception you want people to have of you.

The question you need to be asking imho is "how do I find out about witchcraft to see if it is right for me?"

Just read a lot, talk to a lot of people and see what fits... worry about the labels later on when you are trying to tell others what path you follow... you may end up finding that neither white or black witch suits at all. You might even find none of the pagan paths suit you.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe of Wildwood
True magic is neither black nor white, it simply is. Some try to practice "black" or "white" magic, but this is only the intent of the witch. It's just sorta follow the wiccan creed thing:
If ye harm none
Do as ye will.
That's a great creed..