Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 31-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Hgrato

How do you release the fear?

I'm just wondering, for those of you who are able to astral project, how do you let go of the fear of leaving your body? I have had a few OBE's, and each time they started out with a strong vibrating/shivering sensation in my head and body. I'm conscious to the fact that I could simply sit up and go for a walk or sometimes I'll roll out of my body and onto the floor. I've never been able to go too far away from where I'm sleeping though. I can walk around my house. One time I was able to "float" into my attic above my bedroom (if that makes any sense). But then I start to feel a tightening in my chest like the onset of a panic attack and I'm immediately back in my bed. And then there are the times I feel like I'm walking through molasses trying to go explore but I cant. I am pretty sure its just fear holding me back, any suggestions?
Old 03-04-2015, 03:13 AM
Master

Keep practicing and eventually you will loose your fear. On the other hand being afraid is not good as you are more likely to attract unwanted things to happen. That can increase your fear. I do not think there is an easy answer. The more you are out of your body the easier it will get. That is what happened to my fear. I was not afraid of aping. I had another fear. The more I did it the easier it got. It did take a long time.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:52 AM
Hgrato

I've been meditating before hand. I think I just got a little freaked out after the last few times I've had sleep paralysis and felt some kind of negative presence close by. I just don't want to leave myself open to having something bad happen.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:17 AM
Master

I have had what you had lots of times and nothing bad happened. Try to stay positive and you will be fine. I know that is easy to say and hard to do.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgrato
I've been meditating before hand. I think I just got a little freaked out after the last few times I've had sleep paralysis and felt some kind of negative presence close by. I just don't want to leave myself open to having something bad happen.

As a Spiritualist, I always recommend that people who are just beginning active psychic practice establish a relationship with a Spirit Guide before attempting heavy workings like astral projection, remote viewing, or channeling. That way, your Guide can help do your workings and protect yourself any kind of "engative presence" that happens to come by.
Old 23-04-2015, 06:46 AM
TBengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritrebel
As a Spiritualist, I always recommend that people who are just beginning active psychic practice establish a relationship with a Spirit Guide before attempting heavy workings like astral projection, remote viewing, or channeling. That way, your Guide can help do your workings and protect yourself any kind of "engative presence" that happens to come by.

I have tried for years and year to get in touch with my spirit guide, even during my messy astral projections. I have never had any luck! One thing that did stand out in a possible AP I had was a raccoon. I remember wondering if it was my guide. A Raccoon???!! Do you have any advice for contacting your spirit guide?
Old 23-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Suspended
You will get over it, maybe first time you get out of body and walk to your door. Second time you get out of body and walk into another room. Third time you get out of body and you leave the house for example. Just go a little further everytime till your use to it. Remember that your thoughts are powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBengal
Do you have any advice for contacting your spirit guide?

Spiritrebel can add anything else he has to share, but once you start communicating with them with the intent of them hearing you they will. You might not be able to hear them but they are able to communicate with you in other ways through signs and things like that so once you try, be aware of your surroundings and see if you notice anything.
Old 24-04-2015, 01:51 AM
Octy

I to have this fear of leaving my body. I used a guided AP from youtube (not sure if it is the wisest thing to do) which was too relaxing (combined with being sleepy), so I fell asleep. However I fear fear, as in, once I'm aware of being out of body, I fear the feeling or acknowledgement of an OBE will create fear.

Simply put, I can imagine myself saying something like this "Oh my gosh! It worked! This feels freaky. What do I do now? I don't know if I like this. This IS freaky! Wake up (telling myself to wake up)"

Any new experience for me, creates a "whoa" effect. Such as "did I just hear my name being called? Does that mean I'm losing the plot?" Or, "did I just see what I thought I saw? Do I need glasses or someone to come and cleanse my house/car/whatever of evil spirits"

Whenever something 'different' happens, I panic and shut down. Perhaps that is the reason why I don't let anything in?
Old 28-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Contagiousfreedom

I went to an astral project seminar where this guy taught at school for astral project, they have this school all over the world. He told me that everyone goes out of body every night, we just hover above are body's with our eyes shut when we dream. That helped me with the fear of it. Also when I first started going obe I just started learning skills I can use in the astral relam. Before I went to bed I would think of something I could learn to do and then I would try to do it. You can also call on astral guides just by think or saying it astral guide I need your help or astral guide please help me. They are your best friends, and family from past lifes that didn't recornate here. They are always there to help you.