Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
The Confederates made a similar statement when slavery was abolished by Lincoln.

In what way was it similar?

Quote:
It has never been asserted thus,and shows lack of proper understanding on your part and inclination to jump into conclusions without doing the proper research.

In the Sankhya religious philosophy and Buddhism, agnosticism is preached. God is not mentioned.

Similarly in the Jain philosophy, atheism is taught.

I'm pretty sure the OP was asserting the terms, and the term 'God' in particular.

The 'research' that you mention supports my view that people express their spirituality in their own ways.
Old 20-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In what way was it similar?

You keep emphasizing that people don't have to abide by terms that are dictated to them on account of individual freedom of thought and action.

The confederates made similar statements too.

There is a difference between free thinking and right thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm pretty sure the OP was asserting the terms, and the term 'God' in particular.

And your reaction was based on your conditioning that all such terms have to be necessarily base, considering the judeo-christian history and background of the west and the subsequent reactions to it in the west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The 'research' that you mention supports my view that people express their spirituality in their own ways.

You are going way off tangent now. You stated that I asserted that 'God' is the only acceptable term, and now you are completely ignoring your statement, and expressing an another statement which is off-topic.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 20-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoJeo
The Purpose of Life here is to remember ourselves as God in form so that
we may create Paradise on this sacred planet of Heaven on Earth. Everything else is a way to do this.
Love, Light, Sound, Compassion, Joy, Bliss, Clarity, Respect, Etc. are the foundations
of this but are not solely the end of it.

In short, Truth is: Everything is God, God is Everything.
If this, (Truth), is not accepted wholely and completely by all of humanity, New Earth
will never truly be created in the way it can be.
To accept Truth and know ourselves as the word God is the Purpose and Meaning of Life.
(Shortened for space.)

I loved this original post.
Very nice to read first thing in the morning, thank you, LeoJeo...

Quote:
By being God on Earth in the best way that I can :)
The best way to do that is by Descension rather than Ascension,
which is where the Higher Self comes into the body fully to replace the Ego personality.
And then THIS! You might be my new best friend here!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-04-2015, 12:26 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
There is a difference between free thinking and right thinking

'Right' according to whom?

Your sentence reminds me of 'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others'.
Old 20-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
'Right' according to whom?

Your sentence reminds me of 'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others'.

'Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.' -- Ralph waldo Emerson

Dharma(righteousness) is truth in action. -- Indian saying

Obviously there are truths and lies in every situation.

Free thinking can develop the atmosphere where every thought is entertained, so as to sift out the right thoughts for application, without which the administration of justice will not take place.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 20-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Quote:
You can sling any kind of typed derogate remark at me all you like, if you do not wish to go
back and reread what the first post says and see if it answers your question, then it is
not my job in any way to answer you for a lack of curiosity and contemplation,
and a propensity towards argumentation.
:)
18 year olds are sure smarter now than in my day...and some people can't feel The Quickening!

Again, shortened for space.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-04-2015, 01:08 PM
LeoJeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The ego card is used to insinuate that people who see the word 'God' as unessential are simply not ready to receive the truth, and that's a coercive if not manipulative way to convince people of your view that 'God' is the 'Word' (which is not a reasoned view). The futility of that is people do, and will continue to, express their sense of the divine in their own terms.

Indeed that is the non-linear approach to Truth, which runs into some hard road-blocks that simply won't budge! In a manner of speaking, when there is no ultimate end goal that unites everything, then a form of meaningless nihilism is created that sucks the life out of Life and leaves no ultimate goal or meaning behind everything, for what the non-linear approach does is it takes away any kind of progression along a line that would inevitably lead you to the ultimate end of everything, which is Truth.

This creates a type of redundancy among those who would seek Truth in their own minds about which way they should go, and instead of traveling along a Path that leads back to Truth, they instead go in circles in their "personal truths" and never transcend the small mind that keeps them confined in a loop of thought and belief that never actually goes anywhere except in circles. This is the way insanity is created and there are always small bits and pieces of linear progression filtered in by the soul to keep one moving along their Path back to Truth in order for them to move in the Linear direction back to the thing that everything stems from.

What that non-linear approach creates is a two-way portal with only one entrance, which means that it creates a type of slingshot that shoots you in one direction but inevitably shoots you through the same door back in the other direction, thus causing polarity and judgement and a sense of right and wrong that never actually gets anyone anywhere except in circles. This is the approach of madness and leads only into ego fits and arguments about who's truth is more correct and who's truth is more wrong, without any actual basis in Truth that unites all seekers.

This only leads to more and more entrapment in ego-fights and ego-opinions about the nature of Truth, without actually ever using Logic to go step by step in a linear direction back to God, and only simply serves to create more confusion and more chaos. It is saying that there is nothing that actually unites us since we each have our own "truth" and thus there is no ultimate end goal to any of our seeking for there is nothing to be seeking in the first place! One can find experiences and feelings but one will never find meaning, for one will try to tie these experiences and feelings back into something sustainable, something that does not give way to pressure from outside itself, and yet if there is no single Truth, there is no sustainability and thus no meaning for anything that you experience or feel.

Its not about right or wrong its about what works, and the path of choosing many different names for God simply doesn't work. How can we be united as a species and as a planet if we all use different names for the same thing? How can that be? There will always be attachment and desire associated with each name that is fitting for the being saying such name. This creates a swinging pendulum effect that never ceases until those who are riding on the prong of this pendulum realize that both sides of the proverbial coin are One and the same, and that all of the names given point to a single name. Otherwise there is no meaning behind any of this for indeed there is nothing at the end to tie it together, nothing that allows for it to function properly.

The individual "truths" that you speak of are each pieces of the puzzle and these can be found in any way that you like, which is what you refer to as "express their own sense of the divine in their own terms", but the puzzle pieces fit together in a Linear, Logical sequence geometrically otherwise you would not get the picture of the puzzle! The entire puzzle is what people are looking for and what you refer to as "own sense of the divine" is saying, no this piece combined with this piece is the entire picture, and your wrong if your piece looks different! It is utter insanity and leads only to argumentation and bickering that never goes anywhere and destroys all meaning behind everything. Thus each of these names you refer to God as are simply pieces of the puzzle and they are required to be put together in a linear fashion in order to actually solve the puzzle and figure out what the picture is. This is Truth, the thing all of the "individual truths" stem from, the Onething that Everything comes from.

If there is nothing to unite all things, then that means that there literally is nothing to be united, which clearly is not the case since we are here and there is creation to be viewed, heard, smelled, tasted, felt, sensed, and experienced. This is what Truth is, it is the geometrical structuring of creation that stems back to God beyond any kind of non-linear smaller-self based opinion. This is Higher knowledge, not simply personal truth. If Language is structured in a Linear fashion, from left to right in a certain way in order to create meaning, then creation too is also structured in a similar fashion, and thus with Language comes the Linear Path back to God. Thus the geometric structure of Language stems from a single source, the thing that allows the Language to create meaning. That single source is the word God. It is the end of the Line, so to say, the place where all Paths converge and lead to, it is the thing that all Life seeks, the thing that all of Creation is made of and made from. It is the way that creation functions, for if there were only simple invidual "truths", if there were only simple pieces of the puzzle floating as small islands, then there would be no grand puzzle and thus there would be no creation.

Logic must be combined with Intuition in order to find Truth. Logic is putting the pieces of the Puzzle together in the way the puzzle is meant to be put together. Intuition is your Personal Path of which pieces of the Puzzle you find first and which ones you have currently at the time connected with others. The more you connect the pieces of the Puzzle, the more you see that all of the pieces are part of something larger than just the pieces alone. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. That larger picture is God, is the word God.

Everything has a way it fits into the puzzle and though there are an infinite amount of puzzle pieces, if you know what the picture that the puzzle is about is, then you automatically know which way the pieces of puzzle go, for they fit in geometrical fashion. God is far more Linear than Non-Linear, far more Logical than Intuitive. Thus there is Truth, that is the end of the line of learning, and there is personal truth, which are different Paths taken to get back to the line of learning that ultimately leads to God.
Old 20-04-2015, 01:55 PM
lifensoul

Quote:
The soul inherently knows what the word God is, for the soul is One with God and IS God, so the soul gravitates towards religion because religion used the word God, but religion has sullied the true meaning of the word due to the xyz's influence and tactics, thus those who leave religion looking for Truth never end up finding it unless they return to the word God and are able to completely undo all of the subconscious conditionings placed in their minds by religion. All conscious and subconscious conditionings about the word God need to be undone completely for humanity to truly create Paradise.

That makes perfect sense Leo jeo. Thank you. Another missing and hidden peice in the puzzle found and fits in perfectly....
Old 20-04-2015, 02:33 PM
lifensoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
(Shortened for space.)

I loved this original post.
Very nice to read first thing in the morning, thank you, LeoJeo...

And then THIS! You might be my new best friend here!

Haha...those were the exact words I was thinking of too...you a mind reader mh.
Old 20-04-2015, 02:43 PM
lifensoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
18 year olds are sure smarter now than in my day...and some people can't feel The Quickening!

Again, shortened for space.

This too...18 is a very young age for that wisdom and strength...almost feels like a younger male version of myself...he he...

You definitely reading my mind today mh!