Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
Psychologists would have us think that anyone who has a genuine interest in spiritual or metaphysical things has a personality disorder.

Yup. It's good for business. The more disorders they can define as they try to medicalise normal life, the better. Think of all the money to be made by therapists and academicians as new disorders are added to the list.

The problem is that what's "normal" and what's good for individuals and humanity aren't the same thing. Countless people spend evenings slumped in front of a TV set being fed dross. That's normal but is this opium for the masses good for the individual?

But reverting to the original post. No. My spirituality is making me balanced.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:02 AM
TaoSandwich

I read the article some time ago. To throw my penny into the circle, it all comes down to how at peace you are. If you are highly introspective, like to keep to yourself, don't care much for worldly matters and this truly brings peace to you, then more power to you! However, on the path, someone who has this disposition needs to make sure they aren't using it to "escape" the real world. The real world itself brings spiritual development of a sort that is often harsh, but also is sometimes hard to obtain through the usual spiritual methods of introspection and (sometimes) spiritual experiences. I'd assert that regardless of whether you PREFER living in the "real world" or spending your time in spiritual contemplation, either way, this is simply an egoic PREFERENCE.

You should be able to walk on both sides of the street as your own journey dictates. If you have an aversion to either the "spiritual" or the "material", that is probably where you need to look to find the next set of spiritual weaknesses that you must overcome in order to become more whole.

-TaoSandwich
Old 05-05-2015, 09:21 AM
JohnDoeMay2015

Quote:
I am not taking a spiritual journey; I have made my journey spiritual.