Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 23-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator
In 2001 I met a snarly growly big black dog. He became one of the greatest friends I ever had and would have protected me against anything within his power. Everyone was scared of him, whom I know (with the exception of my sweet dog Misty who was nothing like him but thought he was great).
Unusually I began to see that I had 'seen him before' somehow. And I remembered scary recurring dreams I'd had in 1981 where I met the black dog entity who always terrified me so much!

Did I laugh when I made the connection? Yes I did.

Thanks by the way 'black wolf' Jet. You were a faithful friend. And I shall never forget you.
Old 23-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
Interestingly I had a black German Shepard who had passed and 'visited' me some months later while I was sitting on my bed. I saw him sitting in the hallway in silohuette with his head cocked to the side as if curious about something. He faded out after a few moments of me watching him.
Old 25-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Knower

Hi Leonine,

Power or Totem animal.... that's another possibility. It is curious that I see it as a dog and my brother sees it as a shadow of a dog. So one animal may be appearing to both of us for different reasons. I love what that link you provided said about "Dog." I've bookmarked it so I can read it again. There was several things mentioned I need to think about.

Thanks
Old 25-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Knower

Hi Tobi,

Your story reminded me of a black standard size poodle that was owned by some friends of my grandmother. Most people were afraid of it. I loved it and had great fun running and playing with it. I was 9 years old and the dog was almost as big as I was. Believe it or not his name was Blackie. I've always had an affinity for large dogs.

Dreams are so great. It's wonderful that you had dreams of Jet before you actually met him.... even though you were afraid in your dreams. Maybe in one of the dreams you actually overcame your fears of Jet and that is why you were able to stop having the nightmares and you were prepared to recognize him when you met Jet in real life.

Thanks
Old 25-12-2014, 07:01 AM
Knower

Hi Element 5,

It's wonderful when our beloved friends come to visit after they've passed away. I've heard that not all pets do that. And I've heard of pets who stick around for years or even decades. I wonder if it has something to do with the bond they had with their humans.

Thanks
Old 26-12-2014, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator
Yes I think it has....partly. But there is a technique needed to be learned to come and go from Spirit to the Earth plane. I don't know all there is to know about that, but some spirits find it easier to do than others. So if ever a 'visit' doesn't seem to happen, it's not because they don't love us, or know that we love them.

I've had a few loved ones pass into Spirit, and yet my dog was the only one who came back to visit me regularly. Even my other dog didn't, that I am aware of .I have had distinct contact with my mother but only a couple of times, and now with hindsight I know I got visits from my husband, bless him. But my dog continues to return to me, whenever she feels like it! Quite regularly. And she is the only one who does, and seems to find it all very easy to do!

So it seems that some master the technique easier than others. But all the ones with whom we share true loving bonds will be there for us when we pass.

Also, another thought....as time goes by after their passing, and they move on deeper into their Spirit lives, their contacts come in on a more heart-felt level, and there can be fewer 'etheric body' sightings, or any kind of obvious phenomena. Although there are no hard and fast 'rules' about these things! My dog woke me up one night, rattling around in the bed, a year after her passing when she had well and truly 'moved on into spirit'. It was her for sure, and not some other influence as I know her energy signature well. Her antics felt almost physical! But usually it is a contact more on an emotional level.

But all our loved ones, including animals we love, know when we direct loving thoughts towards them and attune to them, and that kind of thing does them no harm at all. It doesn't de-stabilise them in any way, so long as it is done with genuine unconditional love.
Old 26-12-2014, 03:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge
Hi Leonine,

Power or Totem animal.... that's another possibility. It is curious that I see it as a dog and my brother sees it as a shadow of a dog. So one animal may be appearing to both of us for different reasons. I love what that link you provided said about "Dog." I've bookmarked it so I can read it again. There was several things mentioned I need to think about.

Thanks

2 February's ago we adopted 2 kittens. Around that time my kids started seeing a black and a grey mass. They were fearful until they learned what it was. Eventually, the kids were able to see a masculine black cat. And only the younger child was able to see the grey cat. We learned that the black cat is a cat guardian spirit for the kittens and is also one of our family protectors. The grey cat just hangs around us. I've seen the black cat on a few occasions including on my child's birthday photo. He will sometimes follow us when we go out. You and your brother see the spirit dog differently just like we see our spirit cat differently. It can be a mist, shadow, or 3D form. I strongly suspect you have a guardian dog. The black color denotes strong power.