Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 08-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Seeker

DOWSING WRONG?

Dear all,

I've had several people dowsing for me on something, and everytime it was hopeful, but the outcome would not be correct. This has been very frustrating to me. The people that have been dowsing on my questions are avid dowsers who dowse like everyday. So that is the frustrating part.

I know it is not always 100 % correct depending on several factors but it still feels very frustrating, especially on questions regarding love.

For instance I had someone dowse with the question: does he want to have a romantic relastionship with me or does he have romantic feeling, in which the pendulum states yes, but in reality I get no phone calls or any contact as if the person is dead. So I kind off had stop asking questions on love. It has been giving me false hope. I have been single since november 2016. I don't really search hard because that frustrates me too

I have been dowsing myself since june last year 2017 and I don't do such q for myself but do help others and instead I try meditating on personal questions. However, that is something I have been practising only recently as I am trying to get more in tune with my intution on which decisions to make.

So I hope anyone has tips or tricks? I know I am a hopeless romantic
Old 08-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Master
The accuracy can be affected by not cleansing and charging a pendulum. It also depends on the questions you ask. If I get a response from a pendulum that seems to be contrary to what I expect, I rethink the question and rephrase it. Sometimes the question might be too long so should be broken up to simple short questions making a series for the bigger question.

Another factor is that our thoughts can influence the pendulum. If we really want a certain response, our emotions can change the answer to what we want to see instead of what a true response would show us. To confirm an answer, sometimes I ask, "Is that true?" It may or may not agree with the previous response. If it disagrees, then I rephrase the question. That is what I call cross examination.

Another problem can simply be, it's none of your business to know which can give a false answer. For example, you want to know if he has romantic feelings for you. I'd phrase the question to, "Am I in a romantic situation with him?" If the answer is yes, I'd follow with, "Is my romantic involvement with him one sided?" Switch the focus of your questions of this situation to you, not him, and maybe you'll get a truer response.

It all depends on how you phrase the questions.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 09-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Seeker

The accuracy can be affected by not cleansing and charging a pendulum. It also depends on the questions you ask. If I get a response from a pendulum that seems to be contrary to what I expect, I rethink the question and rephrase it. Sometimes the question might be too long so should be broken up to simple short questions making a series for the bigger question.
Another factor is that our thoughts can influence the pendulum. If we really want a certain response, our emotions can change the answer to what we want to see instead of what a true response would show us. To confirm an answer, sometimes I ask, "Is that true?" It may or may not agree with the previous response. If it disagrees, then I rephrase the question. That is what I call cross examination.

I have read about that when dowsing for yourself you may get wrong answers. For this reason I don’t dowse topics I am too attached too. When I do, I check by asking if it is coming from my higher self. Are there other ways to ask?

Another problem can simply be, it's none of your business to know which can give a false answer. For example, you want to know if he has romantic feelings for you. I'd phrase the question to, "Am I in a romantic situation with him?" If the answer is yes, I'd follow with, "Is my romantic involvement with him one-sided?" Switch the focus of your questions of this situation to you, not him, and maybe you'll get a truer response.

This is something a bit unknown to me. But this is not illogical. I knew that you need to phrase the questions right but these questions are so beautifully thought-out. I have some trouble practicing such questions when I read this. I feel a little insecure. I guess I tend to focus too much on him, and that is right. How did you manage to get this focus: I mean by focusing on you instead of the other?

Thank you Chrysalis.
Old 27-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst
Dear all,

I've had several people dowsing for me on something, and everytime it was hopeful, but the outcome would not be correct. This has been very frustrating to me. The people that have been dowsing on my questions are avid dowsers who dowse like everyday. So that is the frustrating part.

I know it is not always 100 % correct depending on several factors but it still feels very frustrating, especially on questions regarding love.

For instance I had someone dowse with the question: does he want to have a romantic relastionship with me or does he have romantic feeling, in which the pendulum states yes, but in reality I get no phone calls or any contact as if the person is dead. So I kind off had stop asking questions on love. It has been giving me false hope. I have been single since november 2016. I don't really search hard because that frustrates me too

I have been dowsing myself since june last year 2017 and I don't do such q for myself but do help others and instead I try meditating on personal questions. However, that is something I have been practising only recently as I am trying to get more in tune with my intution on which decisions to make.

So I hope anyone has tips or tricks? I know I am a hopeless romantic

Let me see if I understand, are you asking in regards to others you have dowse for you being wrong, or yourself when you dowse for yourself being incorrect? You said you do not ask many questions regarding yourself when using your pendulum to dowse, but rather, you ask your pendulum in regards to helping other people. Have you been correct much of the time when helping other people?

Intuitively, and please feel free, and do, correct me if I am wrong, again intuitively my feelings coming up here where I read you rather dowse for others, and tend not to ask many questions regarding yourself to your pendulum, are that when you dowse for others to help them, my gut level feelings are now implying to me you may very well be accurate often enough- when you are dowsing for others.

The feelings are that those who you have dowsing for you- whom dowse and practice everyday- may very well be the one's with the wires crossed so to speak. In other words, feelings coming to me from what you have written, is that those reading for you not by fault of their own, are getting incorrect responses. This is not their fault. It means they are hoping the answers to your relationship questions are yes.

You may consider, well they if they indeed are strangers to you, are strangers, shouldn't their opinion be objective? Well not if they are swayed one way or another by the questions and get personally invested.

There are many sensitives, whom well are sensitive, I am very guilty of this myself. I read energetically for someone, and by the time they are finished describing their circumstances, I am sitting after the reading is finished in tears. Then I wonder why am I so emotional about this anyway? They may not even be talking about something too sad. It may not be an illness, it may just be a sense of loneliness. And I may have too many tears than necessary running down my face.

Chrysalis brings up a very helpful tip. You may need to practice rephrasing the questions, and then after having looked them over- then if you want an objective party that is not yourself to dowse for you, give them your revised question after you checked it, and have them ask.

If it is true what you say and they practice dowsing every day- those very competent with dowsing not only would have revised your question for you when dowsing, those competent with dowsing experience would have also asked more of their own questions to their pendulum on your behalf, to get to the bottom of or closer to the true and un-tampered answers.

I am going to whip out my pendulum- well my newest one, I've dismembered my old one, and ask your question as an example of what a competent dowsing session looks like- only to give you an idea of how to go about phrasing, and then coming up with more questions for a session. And that isn't to say I am a dowsing expert- I am not. For all I know my pendulum may go and answer yes itself to the relationship question you posed- but again, this is only an example to try to help you work out ways of posing questions to the pendulum:

Example Pendulum Session- For Amethyst:

This is your question, as an example:

does he want to have a romantic relastionship with me or does he have romantic feeling

Before I get to giving my pendulum an inquiry here, this is not a question. This is actually two questions in one. You ask first Does he want to have a romantic relationship with me? Or does he have romantic feeling?

Alright? Which are you asking here? Because you ask : Does he want to have a relationship with me? Or does he have romantic feeling?

Your pendulum is actually well let's go with the word "Hearing" , what your pendulum is actually hearing in the course of this questioning is this: Or does he have romantic feeling?

Your pendulums yes was to the very last question you had asked. Not the first see? You put two questions together hon, your pendulum didn't get or hear the first question. It had no option to even answer it the way you asked both at the same time. It had no other option, but to answer the last.

The specifics of the last question you had asked, you asked "Or does he have romantic feeling/s?

Your pendulum told you yes. Because he is human dear of course he does!!!!!

It is really alright do not feel insecure. We all have made these very same mistakes. Which is why both Chrysalis and I offer our help now.

So now, let me get that old evil pendulum of mine out and give this a go here.

First here I have asked- Does the individual Amethyst have interest in, want to be in a relationship with her- I had to ask twice. At first my pendulum seemed it could not decide- to and thro in back and forth motion. I asked again worded as I've written it here, and point blank gave it my famous ultimatum, Yes or No, simple question...

Amethyst? It gave a resounding yes.

Next we ask:

I asked next- Does the individual Amethyst have interest in have feelings for her, wishy washy could not make up its mind, slightly gave a no, then went cold.

I asked again and corrected my own wording- I asked- Does the individual Amethyst have romantic feelings for, have romantic feelings for her.

Truth Amethyst? Again my pendulum answered yes.

If you knew how rare it is for my pendulum to answer Yes to romantic type questions, you'd know why there is a touch of the look of shock on my face.

So how do we know if my pendulum is telling the truth, or blasphemous lies? Only you can answer that question Amethyst, but to answer it, you are going to eventually have to find out the truth for yourself. This truth is not going to come straight from the mouth of a pendulum. Amethyst. If you truly want the truth about how he feels, honey, you are going to have to ask him.

When you are ready perhaps you will.

If you really want the answer to these questions, they can only be truly answered by him.

You can not assume he will open up and tell you these things willingly himself. You may need to take the first step and ask.

You will of course be afraid. But if you ask, you will also be brave.

But in honesty if you continue to ask the pendulum for these answers, and sit and wait for him to randomly send you a love message on whatever social media, or phone text, or to show up at your door with a bouquet of wild flowers and a bottle of champagne... ? You would be living in fear. Even if he does happen eventually to show up with that bottle, and those flowers. Understand?

I hope some of what I have written has helped you, in the very least, help you to better understand different ways of forming questions to the pendulum, and different word choices.

And I hope my message to you has not offended you in any way, I in no way intended any offense.

I hope my message does find you well, safe, and happy.

Blessings.

Old 27-05-2018, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst

I have read about that when dowsing for yourself you may get wrong answers. For this reason I don’t dowse topics I am too attached too. When I do, I check by asking if it is coming from my higher self. Are there other ways to ask?

Another problem can simply be, it's none of your business to know which can give a false answer. For example, you want to know if he has romantic feelings for you. I'd phrase the question to, "Am I in a romantic situation with him?" If the answer is yes, I'd follow with, "Is my romantic involvement with him one-sided?" Switch the focus of your questions of this situation to you, not him, and maybe you'll get a truer response.

This is something a bit unknown to me. But this is not illogical. I knew that you need to phrase the questions right but these questions are so beautifully thought-out. I have some trouble practicing such questions when I read this. I feel a little insecure. I guess I tend to focus too much on him, and that is right. How did you manage to get this focus: I mean by focusing on you instead of the other?

Thank you Chrysalis.

Hello Amethyst,

I have no other way to use questions. It takes some thought for phrasing it and then ask a series of questions. I'm guided by my intuition if I have the best phrasing and also if I suspect there's something fishy with a pendulum's response. If there is, then it means there's something fishy with a question or in SaturninePluto's example, a fishy pendulum. When that happens, I stop and review my questions. If I have a long session with a pendulum, I write down the questions. I find it helps, especially if I want to review the questions, to see if I'm getting to the core of my main concern.

By phrasing the questions to focus on yourself, instead of a boyfriend, you're respecting free will. You didn't ask him if you could dowse about your relationship from his perspective, it's disrespecting his free will because he would be ignorant of what you're doing. I agree with SaturninePluto to ask him despite how you feel. I had a boyfriend who did a tarot reading about me without my knowledge which is disrespect. He told me after the fact. It would've been better if he at least mentioned what he wanted to do. I felt he went sneaking around behind my back. Our relationship ended shortly after that.

All it takes is practice and some awareness of how you're phrasing questions. Do that often enough and you'll get the hang of it. Perhaps practice with subjects that you don't really care what the outcome is. I practiced with bits of history or legendary creatures like Nessie (the loch ness monster). So I started with what was known for easy verification of the pendulum's response and worked my way into the unknown. I did a lot of practice which had me rethinking and rephrasing the questions. SaturninePluto gave you a good example of working with questions.

Your question of, does he have romantic feelings for me, isn't a question. It's more of, this is the situation I'm in. I call that a main concern about him and it should have questions carefully phrased to respect him which is why the questions should be about you instead of him. I suspect those people who dowsed on your behalf didn't do that which can explain why you had accuracy issues. If they were the professionals they claimed to be, they should have shifted their questions away from him and towards you since you were the one who asked them for help. If they were emotionally attached to the outcome, that too affects the accuracy. It takes practice to emotionally stand aside temporarily while dowsing for yourself and about yourself. Also with dowsing, you're switching between your consciousness (to form questions) and your subconscious (for the pendulum to respond) while using intuition for both processes.

Pendulums are great for inspecting your own thoughts and emotions. I believe most people ask their Higher Selves but in my case, and I suppose there are others out there who are in a similar situation, have access to other spiritual/energy beings such as Spirit Guides, jinn, angels, Primary Spirit Guide, etc. That means more than one might be wanting to use my pendulum but that's another topic.

All that is left for you to do, in my opinion, is to practice and learn from your experience.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 18-06-2018, 02:26 AM
Experiencer

Romance is such a tricky subject and love cannot be forced or spelled it has to come naturally. I am going to tell you what i did. When I was 14 I started praying/meditating. I wanted my soulmate early in life unlike my Grandmother who didnt meet hers until she was in her 50s. I had a list in my head of what I wanted in a soulmate and every time I encountered a trait I liked or desired I added it to my list of must haves and I also had a list of must not haves both where long. When I was 17 I encountered a boy and I immediatly knew he was the one. I had a vision actually he and I were old and standing at an altar. I knew that meant we would married and have a long life together. Visions are funny things they may show you the out come, but they dont show you the trials to get there.

I didnt even know his name and I had a boyfriend. I blew it all off called myself psycho and clocked in. I was a waitress and he was the dishwasher. As we became friends I realized he matched all my criteria i again blew it off. We became really good work friends and then one day he was gone. Eventually my boyfriend and I broke up and another waitress asked me about the dishwasher. Almost like he had been summoned he showed up the very next night. We eventually started dating and after some very trying trials and tribulations we finally got married when we were 20. You can use the law of attraction to attract what you want as far as romance hun, but make sure you know what you want and be casual about it when you get it because it will all fall into place. :)
Old 25-07-2018, 10:50 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
Romance is such a tricky subject and love cannot be forced or spelled it has to come naturally. I am going to tell you what i did. When I was 14 I started praying/meditating. I wanted my soulmate early in life unlike my Grandmother who didnt meet hers until she was in her 50s. I had a list in my head of what I wanted in a soulmate and every time I encountered a trait I liked or desired I added it to my list of must haves and I also had a list of must not haves both where long. When I was 17 I encountered a boy and I immediatly knew he was the one. I had a vision actually he and I were old and standing at an altar. I knew that meant we would married and have a long life together. Visions are funny things they may show you the out come, but they dont show you the trials to get there.

I didnt even know his name and I had a boyfriend. I blew it all off called myself psycho and clocked in. I was a waitress and he was the dishwasher. As we became friends I realized he matched all my criteria i again blew it off. We became really good work friends and then one day he was gone. Eventually my boyfriend and I broke up and another waitress asked me about the dishwasher. Almost like he had been summoned he showed up the very next night. We eventually started dating and after some very trying trials and tribulations we finally got married when we were 20. You can use the law of attraction to attract what you want as far as romance hun, but make sure you know what you want and be casual about it when you get it because it will all fall into place. :)

Hello Compendium,

I am very grateful for your reply to my questions. I agree with your point. I have found it not be easy dowsing for love for myself, even some for me. Nowadays, I seem to receive continious answers: you are not allowed to know or maybe. But more 'you are not allowed'. Your story had rekindled an idea I had neglected for a while: a list of the partner for me. I have continued working on this list. And yesterday, for the first time I have meditated on my wishes. I am not allowed to share them but I did it. I have been neglectful for a reason but got inspired. So therefore I want to thank you. I am working on it.
Old 25-07-2018, 11:07 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hello Amethyst,

I have no other way to use questions. It takes some thought for phrasing it and then ask a series of questions. I'm guided by my intuition if I have the best phrasing and also if I suspect there's something fishy with a pendulum's response. If there is, then it means there's something fishy with a question or in SaturninePluto's example, a fishy pendulum. When that happens, I stop and review my questions. If I have a long session with a pendulum, I write down the questions. I find it helps, especially if I want to review the questions, to see if I'm getting to the core of my main concern.

By phrasing the questions to focus on yourself, instead of a boyfriend, you're respecting free will. You didn't ask him if you could dowse about your relationship from his perspective, it's disrespecting his free will because he would be ignorant of what you're doing. I agree with SaturninePluto to ask him despite how you feel. I had a boyfriend who did a tarot reading about me without my knowledge which is disrespect. He told me after the fact. It would've been better if he at least mentioned what he wanted to do. I felt he went sneaking around behind my back. Our relationship ended shortly after that.

All it takes is practice and some awareness of how you're phrasing questions. Do that often enough and you'll get the hang of it. Perhaps practice with subjects that you don't really care what the outcome is. I practiced with bits of history or legendary creatures like Nessie (the loch ness monster). So I started with what was known for easy verification of the pendulum's response and worked my way into the unknown. I did a lot of practice which had me rethinking and rephrasing the questions. SaturninePluto gave you a good example of working with questions.

Your question of, does he have romantic feelings for me, isn't a question. It's more of, this is the situation I'm in. I call that a main concern about him and it should have questions carefully phrased to respect him which is why the questions should be about you instead of him. I suspect those people who dowsed on your behalf didn't do that which can explain why you had accuracy issues. If they were the professionals they claimed to be, they should have shifted their questions away from him and towards you since you were the one who asked them for help. If they were emotionally attached to the outcome, that too affects the accuracy. It takes practice to emotionally stand aside temporarily while dowsing for yourself and about yourself. Also with dowsing, you're switching between your consciousness (to form questions) and your subconscious (for the pendulum to respond) while using intuition for both processes.

Pendulums are great for inspecting your own thoughts and emotions. I believe most people ask their Higher Selves but in my case, and I suppose there are others out there who are in a similar situation, have access to other spiritual/energy beings such as Spirit Guides, jinn, angels, Primary Spirit Guide, etc. That means more than one might be wanting to use my pendulum but that's another topic.

All that is left for you to do, in my opinion, is to practice and learn from your experience.

Hi Chrysalis,

It took me ages to respond back and I apologise for that, and this is also to others. I needed to think about this a little bit.. You're actually right when you said that I need to ask permission when dowsing for someone else. I tend to get: not allowed to know. Every single time. Now I understand. I respect that and I do not continue dowsing though. It is frustrating me but I need to let it go... It is just my excitement and wonder that lingers me on. Purely innocent. But just mere questions whether he likes me and all that, but nothing more than that.

But I made the decision now not to do that. But also I think that I am lacking in phrasing a good question that involves me. I need to put the focus onto myself. And experiment with that.

I have been dowsing for a year now almost every day except the past couple of months. Mainly for others. I have been offered some example questions but it takes time. This is something that takes more practise and time.

You are right I feel guilty now.

I will have to start doing it differnetly starting now.
Old 25-07-2018, 11:07 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hello Amethyst,

Hi Chrysalis,

It took me ages to respond back and I apologise for that, and this is also to others. I needed to think about this a little bit.. You're actually right when you said that I need to ask permission when dowsing for someone else. I tend to get: not allowed to know. Every single time. Now I understand. I respect that and I do not continue dowsing though. It is frustrating me but I need to let it go... It is just my excitement and wonder that lingers me on. Purely innocent. But just mere questions whether he likes me and all that, but nothing more than that.

But I made the decision now not to do that. But also I think that I am lacking in phrasing a good question that involves me. I need to put the focus onto myself. And experiment with that.

I have been dowsing for a year now almost every day except the past couple of months. Mainly for others. I have been offered some example questions but it takes time. This is something that takes more practise and time.

You are right I feel guilty now.

I will have to start doing it differnetly starting now.
Old 25-07-2018, 11:50 PM
Seeker

Hi SaturninePine,

You have written me a very elaborated message. I want to thank you for the time that you have spent time writing to me. It shows so much care and I feel ashamed for not replying sooner as I have been in a new job and had no time. I am getting some more time to spent on this board. I apoligise. Your message means a lot to me and this is also for the others.

The main message that stuck to me was when you said that I am living in fear. That hit me. I think it is in essence true. But I have been thinking about this after a convo with a friend who has studied astrology. I can be very reserved when I really like someone. According to my venus in virgo. I am very passive. Or 'wait-and see'. I needed to understand why I do this. I tend to be too nervous to be honest. It is my character. I freeze or run. I have these nerves that witholding actions. Someone else might just go for it but that is not in my character despite of wanting to. This has its advantages and yet it disadvantages. I also heard from Chrysalis I belief that what is meant to be it will, and that love comes natural. Not faked or forced. I truly want it this way, but I realise that I get into a block mode and all thoughts come up. Or feel intimidated.

I am still finding out how I thick. It is a process. I never intend to hurt anyone on purpose. I am just very curious by nature. Maybe I should let it all go and let the universe orchestrate what is meant to come. I am becoming more prone to doing this as I feel I am fighting against something out of my control. I should allow things to just happen. That feels more right or just.

I am really doing soul searching lately to find out what is going on. On the other hand it might as well be my intuition? You see this is confusing. I am working on it. Perhaps start working on dowsing for myself on other things.

I am undergoing a process and it takes time. I might need to take more a nonchalant or relaxt attitude and allowing instead of fighting or worry.

Just a few cents that come up to me right now.

I will get there at some point. But I also do not want to deceive my true nature, Asking is not something I naturally do. I wish things to go naturally if I look deeply into my heart. I do. Really your words trigged something deeply.

I am not offended. I appreciate honesty. As I need a mirror sometimes. It is part of my process. Which I have been surfing on for some time.