Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 19-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Master
Pendulums- Fear-Questions

Hi everyone.

I have been interested to try dowsing again recently. There was a time I enjoyed learning how to dowse, but I was younger, and we ended up moving from the house, and I have put it down for a while.

I have some questions if none of you mind.

1. Can you use a pendulum for dowsing areas- out of doors, the land, indoors, etc?
2. Do you have to ask the pendulum questions? I plan on more or less using the pendulum in a way where I do not ask questions, or use a chart, but rather to get a sense of what is around, how the pendulum behaves, simply experimentation, and getting a feel for using it. Is this okay?

3. This is not a question, but a statement. I have no plans to use any type of chart. I am also reserved about yes or no questions.

I have a little bit of fear going in just to use it as I intend- watching the behavior- getting used to it, due to realizing others have had bad or scary experiences with the use of a pendulum.

4. Is it alright to use something lighter for a pendulum, and something handmade?

https://i.imgur.com/W6zsCK3.jpg?1

That is a photo of the pendulum I made. Any input? Do you guys think the materials are suitable, does any one else use glass for a pendulum, and do you have experiences with the usage of glass pendulums?

I think that is it for my questions. Haha, didn't realize I had that many.

Any advice or suggestions welcome.

Thank you.
Old 19-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi everyone.

I have been interested to try dowsing again recently. There was a time I enjoyed learning how to dowse, but I was younger, and we ended up moving from the house, and I have put it down for a while.

I have some questions if none of you mind.

1. Can you use a pendulum for dowsing areas- out of doors, the land, indoors, etc?
2. Do you have to ask the pendulum questions? I plan on more or less using the pendulum in a way where I do not ask questions, or use a chart, but rather to get a sense of what is around, how the pendulum behaves, simply experimentation, and getting a feel for using it. Is this okay?

3. This is not a question, but a statement. I have no plans to use any type of chart. I am also reserved about yes or no questions.

I have a little bit of fear going in just to use it as I intend- watching the behavior- getting used to it, due to realizing others have had bad or scary experiences with the use of a pendulum.

4. Is it alright to use something lighter for a pendulum, and something handmade?

https://i.imgur.com/W6zsCK3.jpg?1

That is a photo of the pendulum I made. Any input? Do you guys think the materials are suitable, does any one else use glass for a pendulum, and do you have experiences with the usage of glass pendulums?

I think that is it for my questions. Haha, didn't realize I had that many.

Any advice or suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Hi SaturninePluto

I have some experience with dowsing so maybe I can help answer your questions.

Your first question. If you're dowsing outside, etc I'm assuming you're looking for something like ley lines, water, minerals, etc. I dowsed for ley lines but I used rods for that purpose. For finding water and minerals my cousin uses a large thick branch to locate them.

2) When I use pendulums, it's because I have questions. I don't use them for anything else. I read you need charts for pendulums if you're using them to locate objects.

3) Dowsing works best when you're not fearful as that tends to block the energy flow in your body which is used for dowsing. I haven't had any scary situations with dowsing. The only bad part I experience is when my pendulums sulk from not being used.

4) When I was a kid, I played with a necklace and a pendant. I'd undo the clasp so the chain was a single strand and the pendant would hang on one end of the chain so it wouldn't slide off and presto! A homemade pendulum. I'd hold the chain and think of circles, back and forth movements and even stop. At the time, I didn't know about dowsing but had fun making it move as directed by my thoughts.

Now that I'm much older, I use crystal pendulums even though I have glass ornaments that can be used as pendulums. The difference is, crystals have a higher accuracy rate compared to glass. I also have a Swarvski crystal tear drop ornament that I've used as a pendulum. It's accuracy rate is way too high for my liking. That crystal was far too picky on the words I used in my questions. I had to deal with semantics on that one, lol.

The happy medium are the crystal ones as they're not really picky about the words I use and I get a pretty good accuracy rate from them.

Before each session, I calibrate a pendulum with the following statetments:
please show me yes, please show me no, please show me maybe, please show me to rephrase my question. After that, I then ask, "Is this a good time to dowse?" If the answer is no, here's where a pendulum might be picky about words then I'd rephrase the question to, "Is this better than a good time to dowse?" If the answer is yes, that should alert you to be aware of the words you use. If the answer is no, more questions might help you figure out why. When I finish a session, I thank the pendulum.

Your pendulum looks like it's used for finding things and I haven't tried that type of a pendulum.

I hope that helped and have fun while you dowse.

Chrysalis

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 20-10-2017, 04:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hi SaturninePluto

I have some experience with dowsing so maybe I can help answer your questions.

Your first question. If you're dowsing outside, etc I'm assuming you're looking for something like ley lines, water, minerals, etc. I dowsed for ley lines but I used rods for that purpose. For finding water and minerals my cousin uses a large thick branch to locate them.

2) When I use pendulums, it's because I have questions. I don't use them for anything else. I read you need charts for pendulums if you're using them to locate objects.

3) Dowsing works best when you're not fearful as that tends to block the energy flow in your body which is used for dowsing. I haven't had any scary situations with dowsing. The only bad part I experience is when my pendulums sulk from not being used.

4) When I was a kid, I played with a necklace and a pendant. I'd undo the clasp so the chain was a single strand and the pendant would hang on one end of the chain so it wouldn't slide off and presto! A homemade pendulum. I'd hold the chain and think of circles, back and forth movements and even stop. At the time, I didn't know about dowsing but had fun making it move as directed by my thoughts.

Now that I'm much older, I use crystal pendulums even though I have glass ornaments that can be used as pendulums. The difference is, crystals have a higher accuracy rate compared to glass. I also have a Swarvski crystal tear drop ornament that I've used as a pendulum. It's accuracy rate is way too high for my liking. That crystal was far too picky on the words I used in my questions. I had to deal with semantics on that one, lol.

The happy medium are the crystal ones as they're not really picky about the words I use and I get a pretty good accuracy rate from them.

Before each session, I calibrate a pendulum with the following statetments:
please show me yes, please show me no, please show me maybe, please show me to rephrase my question. After that, I then ask, "Is this a good time to dowse?" If the answer is no, here's where a pendulum might be picky about words then I'd rephrase the question to, "Is this better than a good time to dowse?" If the answer is yes, that should alert you to be aware of the words you use. If the answer is no, more questions might help you figure out why. When I finish a session, I thank the pendulum.

Your pendulum looks like it's used for finding things and I haven't tried that type of a pendulum.

I hope that helped and have fun while you dowse.

Chrysalis

Hi Chrysalis. Thank you for responding.

Yes I am interested in using the dowsing pendulum out of doors, but am uncertain if it is capable of locating things in the context of which I am looking. First being water. I was hoping the pendulum could be used to locate water. Second, minerals, but I was wondering if there was a way to use it for pocket change, missing items, etc. I tried setting some directional swings, I think I am confused a bit here, as the directional swing answers I have been getting seem off. The pendulum has indicated yes a couple times with a movement not listed on the sites or anywhere that the pendulum is even supposed to use. Perhaps I am interpreting the swings wrong. I have experimented with it a bit already, the only way to explain what is going on is simply to type it up as I have written it, as I have been taking notes while working with it.

First thing I noticed, was the pendulum was only using a circular motion for me with water. I was elated! I tried it over and over with water. I first noticed it made a circular motion, and attempted to figure out what it may have picked up on, and after looking at my surroundings, noticed it was above a garden waterer filled with water I use in my garden. So I started to experiment a bit. I held the pendulum near a glass bottle I have which contains water and crushed sea shells. Circular motion, a glass bottle full of rose water, circular motions, I put the garden water in the closet- get near the closet circular, rose water stored it in an ottoman, above the ottoman a circular motion, put the sea shell water in a drawer, next to drawer circular motion. Success!! I was elated. Then I moved on to an electronic card with a magnet- to see if it picked up on that at all. Nothing. So I thought, well it works with water at least. Tried the water again, and a few more times after no success. Later I tried again.. swung for the water. My original direction swings were-- No- Slight circle swing, Yes- slight stand still. I tried to re-program the directional swings again, and the results changed to No- Horizontal movement. Yes- Stands still and begins to vibrate.

When asking it to give me a movement for yes- it is standing still with slight movement I guess alterations would you call it?

Perhaps I should try again at a later time, and this time wait for the pendulum to actually swing in the directions most tell you a pendulum will swing in. Perhaps I was not waiting long enough. Yes I had intended to use it for locating things. I will have to look into some examples of charts.

If you do not mind me asking, how does your cousin use the branch to locate water and minerals?

Thank you for your response and the help, I will keep trying, and also try to be more patient.
Old 20-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Master
Hi SaturninePluto

It seems to me that your pendulum started acting up after it was exposed to a magnet from the card. You can try cleansing and charging it as if it was a crystal and see if that helps get it back to normal.

I don't know if my cousin's method of dowsing will work for you as he told me it runs in the family, but you can try if you want.

Now for the branch. He used a thick main branch that was trimmed of side branches and leaves. The one he used was from a saskatoon large shrub but he also had willow and other kinds of tree branches. The branch was long, maybe 8 feet long. It has to be long, thick and heavy enough that you'll find it a challenge to hold it. You don't want it to show movement from what you're physically doing.

There's a special grip to hold it. Place your left hand on the thickest end of the branch. Be sure to have your thumb on top so you can see the top of your thumb which should be pointing towards the tip of the branch. Place your right hand above your left hand and have your thumb pointing to the tip of the branch as you did with your left hand.

Be sure you have the intention to find water. Hold the branch so it's at 90 degrees to your waist. Practice with a known source of underground water. When you find it, the branch tip should move down and hit the ground. When that happens, lift the branch up again and let it bounce up and down. Count the bounces. One bounce is 1 foot, so if it bounces 20 times and stops, the water is 20 feet below the surface.

If the 90 degrees doesn't work, point the tip higher until you find an angle that works for you.

You use the same method for minerals as long as it's your intention to find such. Or you might get an image in your mind that it's there with the water.

Good luck and I hope you sort out your pendulum soon.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 21-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hi SaturninePluto

It seems to me that your pendulum started acting up after it was exposed to a magnet from the card. You can try cleansing and charging it as if it was a crystal and see if that helps get it back to normal.

I don't know if my cousin's method of dowsing will work for you as he told me it runs in the family, but you can try if you want.

Now for the branch. He used a thick main branch that was trimmed of side branches and leaves. The one he used was from a saskatoon large shrub but he also had willow and other kinds of tree branches. The branch was long, maybe 8 feet long. It has to be long, thick and heavy enough that you'll find it a challenge to hold it. You don't want it to show movement from what you're physically doing.

There's a special grip to hold it. Place your left hand on the thickest end of the branch. Be sure to have your thumb on top so you can see the top of your thumb which should be pointing towards the tip of the branch. Place your right hand above your left hand and have your thumb pointing to the tip of the branch as you did with your left hand.

Be sure you have the intention to find water. Hold the branch so it's at 90 degrees to your waist. Practice with a known source of underground water. When you find it, the branch tip should move down and hit the ground. When that happens, lift the branch up again and let it bounce up and down. Count the bounces. One bounce is 1 foot, so if it bounces 20 times and stops, the water is 20 feet below the surface.

If the 90 degrees doesn't work, point the tip higher until you find an angle that works for you.

You use the same method for minerals as long as it's your intention to find such. Or you might get an image in your mind that it's there with the water.

Good luck and I hope you sort out your pendulum soon.

Hi.

Yes, I too figured it was due to the magnet. Thank you for the explanation on how your cousin uses the branch, appreciated.

Well the pendulum issue has sorted itself out in way (hopefully). I was making my own cleansing water to use on the pendulum, that is what I plan to use for cleansing, I already had a couple different ones with different ingredients, and wanted to try a new bottle as I was awake and figured I'd do something constructive/creative. At any rate, I was working on preparing the water and got the thought in my head to put a couple little pebbles in with the sand and shells in the pendulum. Bad idea. When I attempted to put the cork back in the bottle it broke. :( However luckily I still had a container that could be used as a pendulum that was given to me. So essentially I feel perhaps it is basically a whole new pendulum now. Whole new pendulum, whole new ball game.

I will keep practicing when I find time. Thank you again for all your help!
Old 21-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Master
You're welcome and have fun exploring with your pendulum!

Old 09-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Master
Not a thing wrong with making your own pendulum I actually think its preferable!

I have an old Indian arrowhead I found walking the bush on a hunting trip in the wilds of western Texas....its a real one... confirmed by an expert and probably at least 200 to 300 years old....

I attached a thin leather string to it and its one of the most active pendulums I've ever known of!!!

I would not worry about using a pendulum in the manner you describe at all!!!
I also don't hesitate to ask yes-no type questions either.....just be aware you wont always get the answer you want!

I have a friend who is a Riekki master and also an energy reader....she will twill a pendulum around in a fast circle to get a feel for the energy of a place such as someones home and she's incredibly accurate with it!

Another favorite pendulum?...... And ya'll are going to laugh!! Try tying a piece of line to a small lead fishing weight....no kidding! Lead seems to read energy like crazy!!!

It makes sense since lead is the end product of the decay of uranium 238 which takes 4.46 billion years to radioactively decay to lead......and uranium 238 is produced in the core of stars! It is literally "star material"

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 14-09-2018, 03:13 AM
Newbie ;)

Lucky,

I have read about your pendulum in another post. I appreciate your sharing your pendulum home made experience. I believe that arrow head does have a lot of energy of its own. Someone put one in my hand, and it scared me because it felt its energy. I was not used to stuff like that at that time. I did not know I could read objects until that guy put those objects in my hand. That freak me out as a first timer!

I turned many things into a pendulum for a moment because I am being playful and entertaining my friends as I teach them what pendulums can do. People like seeing the movements and how fast I can do that.

SaturninePluto

You sound like a true scientist. I enjoy reading about your experiences and adventures. I cannot imagine anything bad happening with a pendulum unless it moves in a way that it beats you. I cannot imagine it doing that. Okay, it did freaked me out the first time I hold one and saw it moved! I never seen anything like that and scared me. I ran to my neighbor's house who told me how to do it.

Now, it is fun to me to see it move like that when I ask questions. It does not matter if you verbalize your questions or requests or think them. If you think water, it will find water. It can read your thoughts!

Chrysalis

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and stories. That was interesting to learn about how your brother does dowsing. He does it the old fashion way how it was originally done. Wow! That is impressive. I was thinking divining rods until I learned your brother is pretty advance! Wowsie! I also enjoy reading your supportive posts to SaturninePluto!