Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-07-2017, 07:23 AM
Master
Something to consider about meditation

Hello.

This is going to be complex because it's about something subtle.

If people have preconceived ideas, it will make things hard to hear, and the mind will form agreements and disagreements based on any preconception one might have.

I'm not teaching anything, have no motivations to help people, advise, influence and so forth. I just have a thing to say, and that's all it is.

I won't argue points or enter debates, because that only makes noises that entertain the restless mind. I am happy to attempt to clarify any meaning which is not understood.

It is to listen and see in oneself if the meaning I convey is true in oneself. This means things are checked, which requires introspection to see for oneself what is the case, and what is not. It requires a completely honest inquiry, and it requires all ideas currently thought to be true be suspended.

If the above criteria are not possible for a reader, then this is not the thread for them. I am not a teacher, an expert, or anything of the sort, and there will be no subject positions between teachers and students, wise and ignorant, advisor and advised or any other status dynamics. This prevents the power of influence over participants so that they alone look within to discover the inner truth.

I shall return at a later time and commence my discourse.

Kind regards.
Old 24-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It is to listen and see in oneself if the meaning I convey is true in oneself. ... It requires a completely honest inquiry, and it requires all ideas currently thought to be true be suspended.

On what basis do you think that it is possible to check 'if the meaning [you] convey is true in oneself' when one has suspended 'all ideas currently thought to be true' before?
When one suspends 'all ideas currently thought to be true' then there is no basis on which, no framework within one would be able to check 'if the meaning [you] convey is true in oneself'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm not teaching anything, ...
But it seems as if you're trying to lay the foundations for your coming suggestions being uncritically accepted. That's not as honest as teaching.
Old 24-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
On what basis do you think that it is possible to check 'if the meaning [you] convey is true in oneself' when one has suspended 'all ideas currently thought to be true' before?
When one suspends 'all ideas currently thought to be true' then there is no basis on which, no framework within one would be able to check 'if the meaning [you] convey is true in oneself'.

Quote:
But it seems as if you're trying to lay the foundations for your coming suggestions being uncritically accepted. That's not as honest as teaching.

No person under any circumstances should accept what I say.
Old 24-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Master
come on, get on with it...I`m excited !
Old 24-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
come on, get on with it...
I'm all ears.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Master
I'm getting a sore butt, G, I've been perched on the edge of my seat for that long

The anticipation is at fever-pitch - all I can say is this better be good, or it's gonna be a monumental let-down
Old 28-07-2017, 05:06 AM
Master
Hello

I have to be in a 'right mind' to begin, and as I'm not perfect, good enough is as good as it gets.

It's important to understand that I don't come with something I know which another can learn, because if it is perceived I have acquirable knowledge, the readers attention will turn to me in hope, the hope that something might be acquired, and as such, be distracted from the self awareness required for the meditation.

Secondly, in that I have nothing that another person can acquire, there is nothing that can be taken from here and used later on. There is no instruction to learn and remember and obey as a practice.

This is the meditation, already, it has no commencement, but should the reader have arrived here with some expectation, to commence, to learn, or any other future oriented notion, that expectation will not be met.

It doesn't commence. It is what is already the case, so what we do here is explore things carefully, to find out what is already actual, for what we call 'the truth' is of all times and places. It is not something that happens. It is here and happening, so there is no pause, no preparation to commence, no duration between not meditating and starting to meditate. There is no event that one can identify as 'this is meditation'.

So understanding, may the attention be 'here already', not because you brought it here to 'be in the moment', but because it is actually here and that's just how it is.

If the reader is trying to make sense of these words, then something is distracted, trying to figure out, coming to a conclusion with which to agree or disagree, rather than looking to see where/when one's attention exists.

If indeed the discourse is followed in self observance, we are meditating together, not with a method we all conform to, but according to what already is the case, and let us see for ourselves, just as I myself as look to see.

I am not ahead of the pack and leading all you followers to where I am already and you have not yet reached. This is ridiculous, because if one looks at what is true, we are here and I am not in a another desirable place where other folk might hopefully arrive upon some longed for future occasion.

I have to look to find out, just like anyone else - not because that's what I have to do - but because this looking is the way it is already.

At this point, the thought stream ends, and having nothing further at this time, I wish the reader every happiness.
Old 28-07-2017, 06:44 AM
Master
Peanut-butter can be spread evenly if its not too cold and the bread not too hot.
Old 28-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Suspended
The cat done a poo, it missed the litter box and purred happily.
Old 28-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Master
Now the first points are made, it might be good time to begin.

As this isn't an advice column, and it does not consider anything apart from what already is the case, there can be no objective of having some sort of experience apart from that which is currently unfolding, or entering a state of mind other than that of now.

I can not comment as such on that which pertains to particular individuals, experiences and states and the like, and am not attempting to bring about anything other than the experience as it is, just as it happens to be. It's irrelevant if a person is having a high spiritual experience or a mundane physical experience - for this meditation is noticing the way it is, and has nothing to do with the way anyone wants it to be, and it isn't a complicated thing in any way - it's just noticing 'this' in whatever way it is. And not because we have to try to do that, but because awareness of 'this' is already the case.

When you check to see and make sure there is a knowing of this, which is immediately apparent to anyone who does, at that moment of noticing it is this way - that passive checking and immediate realisation is the meditation - and every person already knows how to do that. It can not be taught and it takes no practice.

This frame of mind isn't a mind that is searching for something which can be found, but a mind that sees clearly what is the case. Clarity which is revealing, doubtlessly and without question, there such an instant revelation, so immediate, it's like 'of course, so what?'

This is so what: there was no thought impeding the point of noticing 'I know this experience'. There was no distraction to the clarity of the recognition, and perhaps the recognition seems mundane, but looking and seeing what is the case is what the meditation is.

With that being said, do we understand what it is to look and see, and see how that is different to seeking something that isn't here now, but we hope to find someday? I hope we do, because that seeking need stop for the seeing to begin, for the seeking is to find something later on, and the seeing is knowing what is immediately

That is the meditation - that is the mode of observation.

I will have to proceed at a later time, so, be happy. Talk soon.