Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 01-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVirgoxoxo
Thank you everyone for your advice! My mom says she starts planting in May so that's when I'll begin my faery garden! I want to have a birdhouse, bread & cheese for offerings and some statues. I saw some really cute gnome and angel statues today at Big Lots! I wanted to buy all of the statues!
Here are some flowers I'm interested in having, but definitely not all of them!: Honeysuckles, bluebells, buttercups, carnations, daffodils, daisies, hollyhocks, hyacinths, lamb's ear, lavenders, lilacs, marigolds, morning glories, mums, pansies, poppies, petunias, phlox, ragworts, pink and red roses, snap dragons, thistles, violets.
I looked those flowers up on a faery website and it had detailed explanations on what faeries do with them and/or bring to you if you plant those flowers. It was pretty cool.
Norseman, how did you acquire such land? It's so beautiful! I hope one day I can own that much land!

LadyVirgo, Sounds like quite the beautiful garden you will have ! I was wondering if you could share the link where you found all those flowers on the faery website. I would enjoy reading about the detailed explanations you were talking about. I love snapdragons !

thanks much !
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Ascender

DreamAngel, I've been searching and searching but I can't find it! I have no idea what I typed when I searched for it. When I do find it I will post it though!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Deactivated Account

That's ok LadyVirgo, thank you for looking !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Master
@LadyVirgoxoxo
"Norseman, how did you acquire such land? It's so beautiful! I hope one day I can own that much land!"

Sorry, Lady, didn't mean to mislead you. Its National Park land. I dont own the land, it owns me !
Old 02-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Ascender

Ohh well that's still cool that you live so close by it!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Cherub T

I've just been googling faerie gardens and came across a few things on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWErm...eature=related
Old 04-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Cherub T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijif8elxhVQ&NR=1

another one x
Old 04-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Time

The best thing to do for any garden is to create a mini forest, or open woodland to help stall the growth of unwanted plants. This is done by filling all the layers of a garden,

Roots layer
Groudncover layer
Herb layer/perennial plants
Small shrub layer - think blue berry, raspberry, lilac, forsythea, wegelia etc
Small tree/tall shrub layer - Small fruit trees, japanese maples, hazle/hazlenut, large lilac, russian olive, etc
Tall tree layer - Maples, Oak, Chestnut, large pine, hawthorn, tulip tree etc ( trees over 30 feet)
Vine layer - pretty self explanitory.......

This will invite nature at its most in the suburban yard, as well as creating good soil ( if you dont use chemicals and compost as well), create a hapy eco system, and therefore more then likley call spirits to your land..... Even if your going for a medow sort of look, there are still small shrubs, interlanted int he grasses and flowers, as well as trees lining the edge..... ( some times even trees)...

Ill give an example of what I have ( the ones liek bananas and elephant ears have to be dug up and brought inside for the winter... im in canada

2 types of banana
2 kinds of elephant ear
An almond, and apple tree seedlings, that are going to be lanted this year
Azalea
Lilac
Wegelia
5 kinds of bamboo
8 kinds of lily,
grasses
peoney ( the roots are over 50 years old.....)
Passiflora ( not sure if it survived)

as well as things i havnt planted yet or isnt growing ( starting from seed )
bee balm,
5 kinds fo herbs
chilean glory vine
grape vine
morning glory
Mina lobata ( spanish flag or lobster claw)
Brugmensia
snap dragon

That is just ornamentals.... this is the food im growing this year

Broccoli,
spinach
4 kinds of carrot
tomatoes
eppers
green onion
garlic
radish
peas
beans

THis is in the city, I only have a 150x35foot lot, and i havemabey a quarter of that available for gardening, scattered arond the property. This isnt even everything. And i should mention, I have a 20x10 garage, and a deck about the same size, and even lots of grass ( for the time being), as well as a relitivly untouched frnt yard.

Im not trying to tell you how to garden LOL, gardening is more personal then lots of things. But this is an "easy" way to acieve a nice balance with nature in your yard, that spirits should love.... as wel as having your own littel mini forest to dwell in...
Old 19-04-2011, 04:51 AM
CuriousVagabond

I live in a nice hilly area of the United states with tons of untouched woods, it's beautiful. Me Mum usually plants a garden every spring/summer so this spring I aim to invite herbs, flowers, and a few fruits to her veggies. You can keep in mind that there are many plants that will keep bad bugs away that harm the garden so that pesticides are never necessary. (: Lavender is very hard to grow, apparently. We started some from seed, straight to the ground and not one has sprouted yet. I think it takes about 2 years for them to really show their true colours. Patience is a key. My marigold is having little sprouts and I love watching them, it's such a warming experience. I've also brought some peppermint, strawberries, chamomile, elfen thyme(because I loved the name haha) to my garden. You could also purchase a bunch of lady bugs and introduce them to your garden, they eat aphids and their larvae. (: This is my first time making a garden, we have tons of earth worms, birds, bees and butterflies but unfortunately I think we found a copperhead snake in the dirt and my Dad had to cut its head off. ): Poor little snake. Best of luck! I've just been following my gut and mums advice most the way. There's no right or wrong way to planting a garden. I'm sure fairies and nature spirits love it all, as long as you show it love!
Old 20-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Experiencer
Well, I don't know a lot about attracting fae/nature spirits, but I do know about happy plants, and I know happy plants attract happy spirits. So here is my plant-input.

Plants are extremely spiritual beings with their own kind of emotions and intelligence, and they communicate in the spirit way (via thoughts/energy). They can understand your thoughts and intentions toward them. Address them in your thoughts, tell them you love them and that they are beautiful (plants LOVE being told they are beautiful - they put a lot of effort into their appearance!). Invite them to try to communicate any needs they have to you so you can fulfil them, and try to follow any intuition you may feel about how to care for your plants. They also love to be gently touched and stroked. And try to avoid killing anything in your garden if you can avoid it. Whether or not it is something humans consider a "weed", this upsets them and they will feel less safe and trusting with you.

Gardens are always spiritual havens of healing energy, but the environment of love and happiness this kind of relationship with nature creates draws even more of the most joyful spirits. Good luck with your garden.