Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 12-12-2016, 05:04 PM
Guide
Deviceless Dowsing

Hi everyone

I am a dowser of 25 years and dowse mainly with a pendulum however, recently I have developed the ability to deviceless dowse. Just wondered if there are any other deviceless dowsers on the forum?

Patrycia-Rose
Old 12-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Master
fascinating. may i ask some Q's?
i'm gonna guess that you get a tingling sensation of some kind...
maybe like hairs rising. amirite?
do you need to consciously look for a thing? or does your ability
"kick in" when in proximity to the quantity you dowse for?
Old 12-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Master
That's how I first learned dowsing - the feel of a Pull Within in one direction or another. I've used it to allow Spirit to guide me to many places and find many things.
I feel it's a very valuable Basic Tool for a well appointed Tool Box. :)
Old 13-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Guide
In reply to Horace, no tingling is involved. There are about four different techniques you can use involving fingers and hands - there's a couple of good videos on Youtube. However, I've gone beyond this now as I noticed that I would get a dip in energy if the answer was no and a continuation of energy level if the answer was yes. So I knew what the answer was going to be before my hands finished completing the circle. So now, I just sit in a chair quietly, tune in, and ask questions and just pay attention as to whether my energy stays up or goes down.

Patrycia-Rose
Old 15-12-2016, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
In reply to Horace, no tingling is involved. There are about four different techniques you can use involving fingers and hands - there's a couple of good videos on Youtube. However, I've gone beyond this now as I noticed that I would get a dip in energy if the answer was no and a continuation of energy level if the answer was yes. So I knew what the answer was going to be before my hands finished completing the circle. So now, I just sit in a chair quietly, tune in, and ask questions and just pay attention as to whether my energy stays up or goes down.

Patrycia-Rose

oh, i see. you've got a yes/no question in mind, and can sense the balance.
i'd been thinking more of "which direction goes the yes point to?".
Old 17-12-2016, 11:15 AM
Guide
I try to keep the deviceless dowsing to a simple yes or no. A yes answer (I know this sounds a bit strange) I feel the energy in my face. If it's a no, the energy spirals down into my stomach. I also get a yes/no - rephrase the question in my chest. Sometimes I will begin with DD and then see if I receive the same answers with my pendulum - which invariably, I do.
Old 21-12-2016, 07:42 PM
Newbie ;)

This is widely considered the more advanced stage of dowsing.
A master dowser that organized a course I was taking part in, told us that a practicing, experienced dowser that has the required sensitivity to the energies involved, will at some point cease to require a pendulum.
Sometimes he or she just needs to extend a hand.

Precious few people seem to have this ability from the onset and should consider themselves lucky.

The question you need to ask yourself is if dealing with dowsing, you expend more energy with a pendulum or without?
If you become exhausted/tired sooner, when not using any device, I'd advise against that, or at the very least, increase your practice times without devices, by small, incrementally larger amounts.

One good way to find out which is the best method for you is a Bovis scale.
Practice with a pendulum for a time and check your energy level afterwards. It should be lower.
Do the same without a pendulum (preferably the next day) for the same amount of time and with similar exercises and check your energy level again.
Obviously the more suitable method would be the one that doesn't exhaust you that much.

It is said that a dowser has a certain threshold, beyond which energy expended has a rather strong impact on health, but of course, like with everything else, this is a very specific case, highly dependent on individual(s) involved.
Try to determine if indeed dowsing without equipment is a more efficient method. The general rule is to conserve one's energy and thus adjust the dowsing method to one's natural affinity.

Hence why some dowsers prefer to use wands instead of pendulums.
Of course, the two often serve separate purposes but a lot of what they can measure is universal and it's up to the user's preference to decide which is the right tool.
Old 22-12-2016, 01:50 PM
Guide
Hello Shalrath,

Thank you for that information, particularly from the master dowser. I incorrectly thought that anyone who could dowse with an instrument would also be able to DD - I now know that isn't the case.

I've been dowsing for about 25 years with a pendulum, I've never experienced becoming tired from it. Also, to date, I've not noticed any drain of energy with DD.

I guess what I like about both methods I use them for different things. Although I can DD my chakras, I prefer to use a pendulum as I can tell a lot of the health of the chakra by the quality and energy of the swing. And whereas sometimes with pendulum dowsing, very occasionally you know you're not receiving a good connection, that doesn't happen with DD. I'm told that with DD the answers are coming from the higher self and that can't be interfered with. So both are good for different things.

Thanks again for the information.
Old 26-04-2017, 03:00 AM
Newbie ;)

I find this very interesting because I seemed to do something like this when I first met my spiritual guide. I have yet to see them or hear them speak, but I sort of "feel" them, and their energy increases around my body.

At some point, I started to notice that my legs were twitching and things when I was in deep thought while doing anything with divination, or trying to talk to my spiritual guide. I would look up all the meanings (right leg twitch/left eyebrow), but it sort of just kind of ended up being jibberish since a lot of cultures see it different. So, I made the rule, right means "yes" or "right" and left meant "no" or "wrong". Though, it has developed more since then. It now communicates as a feeling of condensed energy moving around to different places. I've realized though sort of like a pendulum, I just told it where the feeling/sensations should go to mean what and they would do it.

This is only with my main guide though, and the one that really starts down a spiritual path. So, I don't really know if it is just to those that are farthest down the line. I think Spirit just finds a way to talk to you no matter what. If it has something it wants to get across, it will find a way with a device or not.
Old 25-02-2018, 05:25 AM
Newbie ;)

Holy cow. This is happening to me right now. I was only using a pendulum for a week and suddenly one night I went to bed and started having some really vivid dreams about using the pendulum, asking questions and getting answers. I woke up and asked my pendulum if those dreams were real and it answered yes.

Well the next day I had a problem as my usual guides, who are archangels, got hijacked by what I think now is my shadow self, and in my sleep that morning after having some weird vivid visions of my guides, I was given some horrific nightmare imagery and woke up. I asked the pendulum and it said it was responsible, and I ended up burning it and the entire day I couldn’t switch the pendulum in my mind off, it was constantly answering me. And it was apparently right - it was answering in conjunction with the pendulum. I’ve found scissors and a lighter with it.

I can now turn it off when I want, and I didn’t have any problems sleeping again, but I couldn’t wrap my mind around this concept. When I found this, it finally made sense. I’m so glad to know that I’m not the only one. Now I just wish I had my guides back. That’s the only aggravating part. My shadow self is a huge liar.