Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 29-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Master

Viewing of a Life in an Hour

Today I was in the book section at a local shop. I had time to kill, so I pulled a book down from the shelf of Bette Davis and all the films she ever played in.

I don't profess to be a Bette Davis fan or to know a lot about her. She was born in 1908 whereas I was born in 1953. By the time I was old enough to watch movies she starred in, her films were more bizarre and outlandish. So I never really felt a connection with her.

But as I began at the beginning of the book (her first film she starred in was 1931), I saw the young, fresh personage. Beautiful. Smart. Eager. Talented. Fresh. As I turned the pages, 1932, 1933, 1934, she was in many films. I began to see the wear that Earth Life plays on all of us. She was still beautiful, talented and exceptional, but the "fresh" was missing.

In the 1940's during the Second World War, she didn't play in many movies. But she picked up again after the war was over. Her movies now were more sophisticated, as was she.

Turing the pages. Now we are in the 1950. She was the sophisticate now. No longer playing the leading role. Supporting actress. The one with the long cigarette holder and the posh clothes. The near "snear" on her lips. Above it all. Her bitterness was palpable. Indestructible.

1960's brought interesting choices in roles. They were emotionally violent and shocking. Maybe to purge her demons she had collected along the way in her life.

The 70's through 1989 she didn't play in many movies. Just choice pieces. She was beyond the horrible emotional movies. The sweet old lady in some of them. The wise one.

Somewhere in there the movie Mommy Dearest came out as a revealing tale told by her adopted daughter of abuse. I remember seeing it. I didn't like Bette Davis much after watching that movie.

So I looked at this woman, this icon of another era. The whole picture of her captured within the book I was holding. The complete Bette Davis. Wow she was some lady!

I related her life to my own and to everyone I know. We all follow the same pattern, from fresh and innocent, to the old crone to the sweet old lady. Our content is different, but in essence we come, we make mistakes, we do things we regret we learn from said mistakes, and we make peace with our demons. At the end of life, we have put the answers in the correct pegs. All is well.