Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 16-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Seeker

False answers on fact questions

Hello

I have been using the pendulum for several times on different questions but I figured the following:

Whenever I ask a question that can be validated, it is wrong. I never got an answer that was right. For example I asked for Albert Einsteins birthday as stated in Wikipedia, totally off, I asked for the first name of my flatmate's mother, got a real name but totally wrong.

And whenever I ask for something like Bovis energy I get consisent results. That means that my level started at 9000 when I first tried it and now rose to 11000, and there has never been an instance it was under 9000 or over 12000. Also, I get results like 3500 for people that are depressed etc but that could be me knowing that they are.

So my big question is: how can I trust the pendulum when EVERY question that can be checked was answered wrongly? Am I tricking myself, is my sub-/superconscious not all-knowing or what is going on here? Sometimes when one question leads to another, I mostly get semantically correct words and names but nothing can be found on the net (e.g. when I asked for a certain medical treatment). Or I got an answer using a word "Mason" which in German I would not use but I know the meaning (+ it is shorter than "Freimaurer"). My conscious mind would not have used that word.

I really want to know what is going on here
Old 23-07-2018, 04:18 AM
Administrator
Hello

Ask clear questions first. Ask it to show you a Yes Direction and a No Direction, this can at times change with the energy your putting out or what is around the tools we use. Its the same with Tarot Cards ext asking for permissions.

You too could get false answers as you might be seen as "playing games" with a tool that is used for spiritual matters.

It to could be something in a stone that does not resonate with your energy so asking if it is willing to work with you and for you is also something to try. I have even asked if "it likes me" before I buy one.

I have one that I got for my husband and it so will NOT work with him, so I asked if it was for him NO was it for me Yes, yet it was a gift. Yet in the shopp I never asked if it would work for him.

Lynn
Old 23-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Master
From what I have dealt with when dealing with dowsing, is that it responds best with questions concerning me, or those my guide is connecting to. So I am not surprised factoids are often wrong for you.

I am curious about your pendulum divination tho--where do you come up with the numbers?
Old 29-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Seeker

I use a pendulum over different pages that have numbers on them, e.g. for Bovis energy, or a circle with all the letter from the alphabet.

Getting yes/no is always the same direction, it has never changed directions. And I think the questions are not "selfish" or "to play around", but I need to somehow be sure that these answer are correct. Why would I ask a question and get an answer of which I can never be sure (enough)? That would defy the whole sense of doing it. I want to integrate logic and belief, I dont want blind belief.
Old 15-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi deLord,

It is probable that you are trying to use a pendulum that is not suitable for you. When teaching dowsing to a Newsie, I have found that their pendulum always goes in the same direction and I then try to find what kind of pendulum will suit that person. May I suggest you contact another dowser and ask him or her to find out what kind of pendulum will suit you e.g. Crystal, stone, metal, wood etc.

Geoff
Old 07-09-2018, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deLord
Hello

I have been using the pendulum for several times on different questions but I figured the following:

Whenever I ask a question that can be validated, it is wrong. I never got an answer that was right. For example I asked for Albert Einsteins birthday as stated in Wikipedia, totally off, I asked for the first name of my flatmate's mother, got a real name but totally wrong.

And whenever I ask for something like Bovis energy I get consisent results. That means that my level started at 9000 when I first tried it and now rose to 11000, and there has never been an instance it was under 9000 or over 12000. Also, I get results like 3500 for people that are depressed etc but that could be me knowing that they are.

So my big question is: how can I trust the pendulum when EVERY question that can be checked was answered wrongly? Am I tricking myself, is my sub-/superconscious not all-knowing or what is going on here? Sometimes when one question leads to another, I mostly get semantically correct words and names but nothing can be found on the net (e.g. when I asked for a certain medical treatment). Or I got an answer using a word "Mason" which in German I would not use but I know the meaning (+ it is shorter than "Freimaurer"). My conscious mind would not have used that word.

I really want to know what is going on here

What you might be experiencing is channeling what 'you have put out'.

A good test for this phenomena is to look at the sky and if it is blue, ask the pendulum if the sky is blue. You should get an affirmative answer.

Next make the statement "The sky is green!"

Ask the pendulum if the sky is green, if you get an affirmative then you are channeling what you have put out or possibly something else.
Old 14-09-2018, 03:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Hello deLord

I think it is always healthy to have healthy skepticism. I don't have blind faith in my pendulum. I always test it to see if it is accurate. When it is not accurate, it is usually because I need to get myself in alignment whatever that means. Or maybe, I needed to be more grounded. When I do that, it works normal again.

I had to let go of logic when I am doing that sort of thing because I don't want my mind get in the way. There is plenty time for logic after I am done with my questions. I can see you have a scientific mind, and I have bad news for you.... it is WOO WOO! Even Dr. Strange had to give up his logical way of thinking and accept the Woo woo that came his way and embrace it before he became a superhero fictional character. I can relate to him because I had a similar reaction to woo woo.

I still love and believe in science. I had to learn to embrace that I am woo woo within myself. I am still practice healthy skepticism, even of my own psychic abilities. People let me know what I am telling them because I have no idea what I am seeing but they did. I value the evidence as the truth... even subjective truth.

I think it is better to approach the pendulum with an open heart and an open mind like a curious child. It is better to be more relaxed and experiment with a since of wonder. And keep testing yes and no. I always start off like this.

Show me yes, show me no.
Show me yes again, show me no
Am I a girl? Am I a boy?

I play with it like a kid. If you are interested in learning more woo woo forms of real science, there is ParaPsychology and Noetic Science. Please feel free to share your findings. I am looking forward to reading more of your posts to learn from your experiences and experiments. I am happy to see a scientific minded person here! I value both: empirical experiences (subjective) and scientific evidence (objective). I just joined a few days ago.

Tell me how did Big John's experiment went if you have tried it. That sounds pretty scientific.