Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 10-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Master
new method for pendulums

Hi everyone!

I dug out one of my reference books and in a small part, it mentioned a different method for using pendulums. When we use them to respond to questions that can be answered 'yes' or 'no', the usual method is to let the pendulum swing in certain directions to indicate an answer.

The method I read involves the pendulum to knock on a plastic glass with water in it. You hold the pendulum, on a short chain, so it can swing just a bit to hit the glass. One knock means 'no' and two knocks mean 'yes'. If there are three knocks or more, that's an enthusiastic 'yes'.

I tried this the other day and it worked very well and imo it was better then watching a pendulum swing around.

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of this method and if so, have you used it? What are your thoughts on such a method?

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 17-04-2018, 03:20 AM
Lepus

Hello

I'll give this a try when I get my own pendulum. What other methods are there from your reference book? Watching the pendulum spin around can be tedious, especially when trying to figure out the 'yes' and 'no' directions. Also, you would have to wait until the pendulum stops spinning completely to ask your next question.

Lepus
Old 17-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Seeker

It usually only takes a few seconds to establish the direction of rotation and your answer, just stop the pendulum manually and you are ready for the next question. No problem, you do have to establish your yes and no direction first of course.

Chris.
Old 17-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello

I'll give this a try when I get my own pendulum. What other methods are there from your reference book? Watching the pendulum spin around can be tedious, especially when trying to figure out the 'yes' and 'no' directions. Also, you would have to wait until the pendulum stops spinning completely to ask your next question.

Lepus
Hi Lepus,

That is the only method it mentions. For this one, I use a round glass window decoration for a pendulum. I've used the most popular method, with crystal pendulums, for a long time and I'm finding that I like using the glass. I suppose it comes down to personal preference.

I have a champagne quartz crystal on a long chain as it's more for healing the chakras even though I've used it for questions. My other one is a citrine quartz on a chain that's a bit shorter. I had an amethyst pendulum but the chain and crystal parted company which I don't understand how that happened as nothing broke. The pendulums I see currently on the market have really short chains which is good for asking questions but far too short to cleanse chakras.

I'm wondering what you'll get for a pendulum and your experience with this method.

Blessings.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Old 17-04-2018, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsingdoer
It usually only takes a few seconds to establish the direction of rotation and your answer, just stop the pendulum manually and you are ready for the next question. No problem, you do have to establish your yes and no direction first of course.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Yes, you can continue using that method if you want and be sure the pendulum is calibrated as you said.

By using the glass, I believe that bypasses the calibration and you don't have to manually stop it from swinging as the pendulum stops after knocking on the glass.

It's a matter of what works for you.

Blessings.

Old 18-04-2018, 05:30 PM
Master
For those who do want to try it, I forgot to mention that you can put your elbow on the table. The chain should be about 3 inches long.

Old 20-04-2018, 10:28 PM
Lepus

Hello Chrysalis,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hi Lepus,

That is the only method it mentions. For this one, I use a round glass window decoration for a pendulum. I've used the most popular method, with crystal pendulums, for a long time and I'm finding that I like using the glass. I suppose it comes down to personal preference.

I have a champagne quartz crystal on a long chain as it's more for healing the chakras even though I've used it for questions. My other one is a citrine quartz on a chain that's a bit shorter. I had an amethyst pendulum but the chain and crystal parted company which I don't understand how that happened as nothing broke. The pendulums I see currently on the market have really short chains which is good for asking questions but far too short to cleanse chakras.

I'm wondering what you'll get for a pendulum and your experience with this method.

Blessings.

Initially, I was aiming to purchase an obsidian pendulum online for "yes" and "no" questions, but noticed that some come in a set for each chakra. You mentioned 'cleansing chakras' using a pendulum, can this be used for opening chakras, as well? I would assume each chakra requires a different pendulum, hence they come in a set with various crystals/stones.

I've read about home-made pendulums using different objects with a cord or string attached. I might give this a try using a skeleton key necklace I got. The necklace is pretty long, though. Not sure whether this method of yours would work with my 'pendulum'. I'll give it a try.

Lepus
Old 21-04-2018, 05:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello Chrysalis,

Initially, I was aiming to purchase an obsidian pendulum online for "yes" and "no" questions, but noticed that some come in a set for each chakra. You mentioned 'cleansing chakras' using a pendulum, can this be used for opening chakras, as well? I would assume each chakra requires a different pendulum, hence they come in a set with various crystals/stones.

I've read about home-made pendulums using different objects with a cord or string attached. I might give this a try using a skeleton key necklace I got. The necklace is pretty long, though. Not sure whether this method of yours would work with my 'pendulum'. I'll give it a try.

Lepus
Hi Lepus,

For chakra work, I used one crystal for all of them. The crystal I used is a champagne quartz crystal. I don't know if it's still available on the market. I've only used it the one time because it took an hour and my arm was really sore at the end.

I started just below my feet, working my way up my body and stopped just above my head. I don't know if this method opens up the chakras, but it does pull out the negative energy (it swings counter clockwise), when it's done, then it changes to clockwise adding positive energy. When that's done, then it swung back and forth (feet to chin), indicating to move to the next chakra. Or maybe I should've waited for the pendulum to stop moving before going to the next chakra.

I'm not certain if switching crystal pendulums is a good idea as that might interfere with the energy flow from one chakra to the next. Also, the chain has to be 18 inches long so the pendulum can really move in wide circles so you cover a larger area.

Home made pendulums are fine if all you're doing is asking questions.Those ones can have shorter strings or chains. I used to use a necklace with a pendant for a pendulum though round shaped pendants moved freer compared to flat shaped pendants. All I did was loop a pendant on an end of the necklace chain - instant pendulum.

I'm curious how your skeleton key will work on the glass of water. You might want to hold the excess cord in the palm of your hand with your three fingers to shorten up the cord.

Chrysalis