Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 16-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Ascender
With this:
Quote:
I tend to not discuss or argue with someone if I sense an emotional reaction coming.
I thought Vinayaka talking about emotional reaction of the *other* person, from the context of my post.
Old 16-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
That's quite self-reflective and kind of you. I tend to not discuss or argue with someone if I sense an emotional reaction coming. Taking emotion out of it on a personal level is always a challenge.
Thanks man. I think when i made this post i had a limiting belief like since others aren't as logical as me so i can't relate to them. (I used to feel like living in a brainwashed zombie world). But now i think it's okay if others don't see what i see, i can enjoy the moment with them if i want.
Old 16-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Ascender
---
The greatest error of all is in thinking that the only way for you to feel good in certain situations is for someone else to behave in a certain way. "You must behave the way I want you to, so I can feel good, or I'm going to feel bad and stand around and make you feel bad too."
---
[Source link]
Old 16-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
With this:I thought Vinayaka talking about emotional reaction of the *other* person, from the context of my post.

Yes I was, but it also applies to yourself too. One hint as to true intuition (superconscious mind) versus the ego/mind playing tricks is in the first case, there is no emotion.
Old 24-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Experiencer
I actually did a brief research and actually wonder why do the stages of life are considered to be considered.
For example person can get ear pierced in adulthood despite it is said that the ritual can be done when the person is a baby.
Or a person becomes a renunciate. After that decides to get married so therefore there isn't an established hierarchy of stages in life.
"Silence is the language of God. Everything else is just translation"
Old 10-12-2018, 01:23 AM
Seeker

I understand your path completely. Celibacy is an amazing path to be on and has led me to Bhagvad-Gita. Good luck kind people.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

True Brahmacharya must be in mind as well as body. If you are lusting after the opposite sex, you may as well go through with it. Stop the desire, you stop the act.

Brahmacharya is necessary to conserve and preserve the seminal fluid or veerya, which transmutes in the Bindu chakra into Soma, which is milked by advanced yogis through a process called Khechari Mudra.

Wasting seminal fluid is akin to wasting the life-force of the body and the energies become dispersed through a wide-band and not a narrow one, like raising kundalini shakti is narrow flow.

From personal experience, after a kundalini awakening, masturbating or having sex is possibly one of the worst things you can do - it makes the nerve endings red raw and increased sensitivity to everything is the result - pretty annoying when you can feel the bones in your ears move in response to the slightest sound, or a fly crawling on your skin is actually painful.

I have just recently adopted a totally celibate lifestyle, after realising that I was trying to transcend the body anyway...and I noticed that every time I satisfied myself, my immune system became so weak, so down, I'd catch whatever was going around and come down with it bad!

Celibacy makes the eyes brighter, the breath sweeter, the skin more supple and free from blemishes and helps with concentration on simple tasks.

It also affects women as well as men, to exactly the same degree - and I don't believe otherwise because I can produce as much as a man does - regularly.

This is like concentrated protein and there are many trace minerals and beneficial hormones in it.

I would recommend anybody who takes meditation and worship seriously, to take brahmacharya seriously. I wish I would have done so months/years ago and I probably wouldn't be in the mess I am in now and basically forced to do it for my own physical, mental and spiritual health.

Aum Namah Shivaya

You are so right that it all starts in the mind. You use the word "desire" while I prefer the word "thought" but, in essence, I believe that we are saying the same thing. One must nip the urge at the root --- the moment it makes it's appearance.

There are a series of meditation techniques called "thought observation". One practice is to simply observe thoughts so that one discovers what one's mind is like. In the thought extinction variation, one eliminates thoughts as they manifest with some thoughts being more difficult to eliminate than others. The third variation is to generate a seed thought and watch the mental associations as they appear. The mind jerk is a fourth practice whereby, at one fell swoop, one eliminates all thoughts in the mind. Without the lustful thought, the desire does not even manifest as it is nipped at the root. Obviously, this requires practice but the result is a still, peaceful mind among other things.

Of course, once one is established in the "peace that surpasseth all understanding", sexual desire pales by comparison. A noted Jewish Kabbalistic Rabbi, Aryeh Kaplan, once wrote that the transcendental is better than the best sex ... and so it is. At that point, brahmacharya (in the sense of celibacy, which is not the only meaning of brahmacharya) becomes natural and easy to practice since one does not want to disturb that indescribable peace with something that is less appealing. Verily, a child drops the toys of childhood when one finds something far better.

At that point, one can choose to indulge or not ... but the general feeling becomes "why bother". LOL