Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-08-2011, 01:02 AM
Pathfinder

Unhappy Suicide

My aunt committed suicide in a very violent way yesterday. We are all shocked and in an immense state of grief.

I used to believe that suicide meant you didn't get to be with God.

Now I believe she she is home where she needs to be and is at peace. I pray that for her anyway.

I want to talk and talk and talk. I am in disbelief that this is happening to my family. I am so sad. I have cried all day and am so weak right now.

I cry for my uncle, my two cousins, my mom who has lost her sister.

I cry because I have been there and have been fortunate enough to come through the other side of it.

And I never ever thought I'd be part of the surviving family of a suicide victim.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:01 AM
Trieah

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your family. I too, know what it's like to lose a family member to suicide. It kind of sounds like you're still in the state of shock stage. It isn't easy getting through all the different stages of grieving, but things will eventually get better. Hang in there and just try to take it one day at a time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:47 AM
SteffMarshal

You are absolutely right.When you commit suicide then it means you do not have faith on God.Think positively the suicide means that you have admitted that you are a looser.Can you listen your self a looser?
Absolutely not.always have faith on your god.Think that God is your best friend and protector.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteffMarshal
You are absolutely right.When you commit suicide then it means you do not have faith on God.Think positively the suicide means that you have admitted that you are a looser.Can you listen your self a looser?
Absolutely not.always have faith on your god.Think that God is your best friend and protector.

People take their own life for all kinds of reasons, ranging from being in too much physical pain, emotional pain or unable to find a better solution to their problems. But that does not mean they were a looser. Perhaps to some people who are too quick to pass judgement and/or didn't really know the person, they might be considered a looser. But to their family, friends and anyone else who loved them, they were not a looser. To make such claims is very disrespectful to both that person and the loved ones they leave behind.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:42 AM
midnightstar

Sending thought from me and my family at this tough time
Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Knower

My condolences, Alleigh...My cousin committed suicide last year after a battle with Alcoholism and it really hurts...I am wishing you and your family well through this hard time.

seeker89
Old 11-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Master

My thoughts are with you are your family. It is unfortunate that you have to go through this. I can imagine it would be horrible. As someone said, just take one day at a time. Life can be awful but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Master
**sigh** some folks just can't take it anymore, whatever "it" is. one has to be in extreme pain of some sort to override one's natural survival instincts and for this reason the harm they cause their loved ones by their self determined departure, with some understanding and compassion, can be forgiven.

condolences to you and your family, Alleigh. i wouldn't worry about where your aunt is right now. she obviously suffered more than enough during her life on Earth and i have no doubt that she's somewhere gentle and healing.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Tabitha

Massive to you, alleigh. Your aunt must have been in a terrible place to have done this.

I cannot say much to comfort you, I know, but I do know of someone (not personally, through acquaintances), who took their own life, who then some time later came through in spirit to a relative who was a medium. Needless to say this person reassured their family that they were doing just fine in spirit. So I believe that people who commit suicide are helped and nurtured on the other side - they are (obviously) distressed souls at the time of their deaths, who desperately need it.

Please accept my most sincere sympathies at this horrible time.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:39 PM
mattie

Shocker

I’m sorry that you & your family have had this happen.

Talk about whatever you need to as much as you need to.