Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 16-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Neville

Super Moon

I understand that within the next 72 hours we will see something described as a Super Moon, My understanding, limited though it is suggests that the Moon , in addition to it being full will be at it's closest to the Earth 356,577 kilometres to be specific. This in turn suggests a gravitational intensity.

The suggestion is that on March 19th The Moon may exert a greater influence because of it's proximity on those things that we normally associate with the effects of the Moon. Tides,Menses,Mental Health etc.

There are approximately 4-6 supermoons annually. The following is a list of past and predicted extreme supermoons.
November 10, 1954
November 20, 1972
January 8, 1974
February 26, 1975
December 2nd, 1990
January 19, 1992
March 8, 1993
January 10, 2005
December 12, 2008
January 30, 2010
March 19, 2011
November 14, 2016
January 2nd, 2018
January 21st, 2023
November 25, 2034
January 13, 2036

It will be interesting to see how things work out.
Old 16-03-2011, 11:58 AM
7he4uthor

Quote:
**The Full Moon For March**

Mar. 19, 11:10 a.m. PDT -- (Full Worm Moon) In this month, the ground softens and the earthworm casts reappear, inviting the return of the robins. The more northern tribes knew this as the Full Crow Moon, when the cawing of crows signals the end of winter, or the Full Crust Moon because the snow cover becomes crusted from thawing by day and freezing at night. TheFull Sap Moon, marking the time of tapping maple trees, is another variation.
The moon will also arrive at perigee only 50 minutes later at 12:00 p.m. PDT at a distance of 221,565 miles + (356,575 kilometers) from Earth. So this is the biggest full moon of 2011. Very high ocean tides can be expected during the next two or three days, thanks to the coincidence of perigee with full moon.

**About The Biggest Full Moon of 2011 This Month**

Now next Saturday the 19th you'll be treated to the closest and biggest full Moon of 2011. It's not only the closest full Moon for this year but it will be the closest and biggest full Moon since March 8, 1993!
thats 18 yrs

more ...
http://www.chesterweathercenter.com/wxastronomy.php

Been truely a Lion month of marching [mars]
March 1st Venus sits in the mouth of the cresesnt moon
the sign appears again a few days ago with jupiter and now a very powerful moon ...
Old 16-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Master
I'm sure it will look quite nice.
Old 16-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Master
Be nice but I'm hesitant, could also explain why I'm more jittery than usual....being a cancer rising and sun probably feeling it.
Spiritlite
Old 16-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Master
Thanks for posting, Neville.. :)

Good point, spiritlite.... I don't have my sun in Cancer, but I have cancer as my rising & moon signs! I have been VERY emotional lately... It could be all the meditation & clearing but I sense it is more than that... Thanks for pointing this out! (And hope you do lots of nice soothing & restorative things for yourself to get thru this period of time!)
(((HUGS))))

Cam/EM
Old 16-03-2011, 07:15 PM
CJ82Sky

ahh yes im a leo rising, and there's SO much change going on right now. this weekend should be interesting indeed!
Old 16-03-2011, 07:18 PM
nightowl

Thanks Neville,
This post is right in line with me. The moon is part of who I am and I have found lately a leading to study it more deeply, thanks for the conformation!

nightowl
Old 16-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Guide
Moon viewing party! =D
Old 16-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
Moon viewing party! =D

NOW, we're Talking!

Old 16-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Anng

Thanks for alerting me. Useful for me in my work and also at home as we continue dealing with bereavement. Will help to be prepared. Thanks xx