Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 15-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Pathfinder

Lavender making me have weird dreams

The past 2 times (only times) that I've burned Lavender essential oil in a diffuser in my room, I found I had really weird dreams. I can't remember them now, but they were very lucid dreams, they felt very real, and I feel I may have even astro travelled. Has anyone found that Lavender does this to people???
Old 15-01-2012, 03:39 AM
nightowl

I have heard it is very relaxing and promotes sleep. It does tend to clear the mind in a sense so I would be not be surprised if you had lucid dreams. I have a sachet that helps promote sleep and dreaming and it has lavender in the mix.
Old 16-01-2012, 02:13 AM
CaramelDancer

My personal experience with lavender is that it frees up my throat chakra, helping me communicate better.

I've got a great book, by Garbriel Mojay called 'Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit" and it's got great info on the spiritual and emotional effects of the different essential oils.
I'll paraphrase some of what it says about lavender:

for "Calm composure & easy self-expression"
-psychological uses of lavender are to calm and stabilize the energy of the heart.
-calms strong emotions that are overwhelming to the mind
-eases frustration and irritability
-calms nervous anxiety & soothes trauma
-encourages full self-expression
-analgesic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, cholagogic, anti-spasmodic"

So it doesn't say anything about lavender and dreaming there, but I think it would make sense that the oil might help calm you down and relax so you enter deep REM levels of sleep where you can have dreams.

Hope that helped.

Sweet Dreams!
Old 21-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you both for your input!!
Thanks Carameldancer for the info!! That's really neat! I'm going to look for that book!!! :)
Old 21-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Lauraye

I have just started woring with essencial oils at college and I know lavender is to help calm the soul, it should help for a good nights sleep, maybe just maybe you have used a little too much, a small drop should be used with water just a drop!! I hope you have sweeter dreams xx
Old 22-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you Lauraye, I will try that! :)
Old 22-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Lauraye

Your welcome, I have been studying oils and have many books on this so I will try to help people as much as I can!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 AM
dewe'igan

I find lavender really makes me in a zenful state, and also when I burn it before I go to bed it makes me have REM sleep, it also improves my bad anxiety. It's one of my favorite Aroma's sage, sweet grass, and Lavender are my top favorites.