Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 31-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Healing loneliness

How do I heal loneliness that crops up from the past? I have made peace with my childhood generally speaking, but every so often I get triggered and the sadness floors me. Is it something that will always be part of me? I find it so painful to deal with as my family are so different now and they have each other. I was the odd one out, the odd ball, and although I try to connect with them there's no real interest on their part. I have to accept that and move on, but for many reasons, past and present, it is very hard to do. I have always craved a deep connection but loneliness and being alone seem to be common themes. I've made some peace with this because I'm an introvert anyway, but I still crave a feeling of belonging.
Old 31-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Ascender
Many people is lonely even when they are together.
If we cant be friend with our family, we can find it outside.
I just try to accept that loneliness when they come.
Old 31-05-2015, 11:31 AM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalevine
How do I heal loneliness that crops up from the past? I have made peace with my childhood generally speaking, but every so often I get triggered and the sadness floors me. Is it something that will always be part of me? I find it so painful to deal with as my family are so different now and they have each other. I was the odd one out, the odd ball, and although I try to connect with them there's no real interest on their part. I have to accept that and move on, but for many reasons, past and present, it is very hard to do. I have always craved a deep connection but loneliness and being alone seem to be common themes. I've made some peace with this because I'm an introvert anyway, but I still crave a feeling of belonging.

Love yourself is a good way to start, your Family are missing out because you give out beautiful vibes Have you got a little pet ? They give so much comfort when your feeling down.
Old 31-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Ascender

Quote:
How do I heal loneliness that crops up from the past? I have made peace with my childhood generally speaking, but every so often I get triggered and the sadness floors me. ................................................. I've made some peace with this because I'm an introvert anyway, but I still crave a feeling of belonging.

In this you are not alone. I mean you are not the only person who feels this way in one form or another. I guess it is true that non-loneliness would have to come from inside, not from your interaction with others.

As to feeling Oneness, I think it is when you are alone that you can experience Oneness.
Old 31-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Ascender

I think it is the condition of one's energy body (I am sure I am not using the term correctly), your chakras, etc. that allows one to really experience/feel Oneness.
Old 31-05-2015, 11:53 AM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by essvass
In this you are not alone. I mean you are not the only person who feels this way in one form or another. I guess it is true that non-loneliness would have to come from inside, not from your interaction with others.

As to feeling Oneness, I think it is when you are alone that you can experience Oneness.

Old 31-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Master

learn to change to loving solitude.

kk
Old 31-05-2015, 01:01 PM
B-bird

Why do you say that your family is so different NOW and that they have each other? Are you adopted. Was your childhood turbulous? sp? I think we would all like to believe that it would be so nice to have had this perfect family and childhood, but for a lot of us, that just isn't true. I too look back and wish a lot of things were different in my family and childhood. I suppose, as time goes by, and you work on your adult life now. Making choices that sit well with you and makes you content,that those feelings will be less and less. They will always be there and you shouldn't try and change them, because they are what they are. But to try and look more forward to a happier future for yourself. I wish you a happy, fun, content adulthood.
Old 31-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Master

Quote:
People come and go in ones life. This is a fact, one way or the other.

I've read this somewhere and I personally resonate strongly with it:
If you're looking for a companion during eternity, God might be the one you're looking for.
Old 31-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Suspended
It would not hurt to share you post with your Family members. Just keep your expectations low. Loneliness seems to be a common thread in many families. Some members in your family may seem more open to deeper connections, while others may not be. Do not let family acceptance affect your self worth.