Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 02-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Master
Huh I didn't know that about dishes. I never use a cell phone I have a tracphone that I only use when I'm on the road and need help that's it. YOutube is great too.
xoxo
Spiritlite.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:44 AM
PrincessKLS

I've challenged myself to spend a day or just a few hours away from my tv and/or computer. Sometimes I've been successful but I wish I could suceed better. Don't get me wrong I think I've learned a lot and made good connections from watching tv, surfing the net, etc but I have books, and magazines I could read. I recipes I could practice, I have exercises to try, etc.
Old 14-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Animus27

Well, I am of the opinion that al----- Oh be back later, Hell's kitchen is on!
Old 21-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Scibat

A television is just a tool, just a machine. Like most tools its harm or lack thereof comes from how its used or misused. I watch TV, but sparingly -- Mostly Discovery Networks and a few guilty pleasures here and there, but I would say I spend less than 6 hours a week in front of the tube.

The Government nor the Media controls people through TV, people who are influenced simply allow themselves to be -- There are no secret rays or subliminal messages coming from the screen; Rather its people simply choosing to be lazy and let the TV think for them instead of thinking for themselves.
Old 21-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
A television is just a tool, just a machine. Like most tools its harm or lack thereof comes from how its used or misused. I watch TV, but sparingly -- Mostly Discovery Networks and a few guilty pleasures here and there, but I would say I spend less than 6 hours a week in front of the tube.

The Government nor the Media controls people through TV, people who are influenced simply allow themselves to be -- There are no secret rays or subliminal messages coming from the screen; Rather its people simply choosing to be lazy and let the TV think for them instead of thinking for themselves.
Clear-cut, to the point, no sweat and tears..

Your post is the truth, it deserves a stamp.
Old 22-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Clear-cut, to the point, no sweat and tears..

Your post is the truth, it deserves a stamp.

The question was does TV harm spirituality, was't it?

I'm fresh outa stamps, darn.

There is a trend that is talked about in the media about the dumbing down of America, anyway, the less well educated a people are, the more easily it is to take advantage of them, but if you don't fit that bill, hey, don't worry!

Old 22-11-2010, 04:25 AM
Master
U know when I didn't have tv for a few years because I was in that stage of "tv is manipulative" I think I was emotionally healthier than I ever had been and more than I am now. In the sense that my self esteem was very high (I didn't have to watch ads about how skinny women were, about how if I didn't have that new cell phone I was a looser etc). I would love to not watch tv and not even have a tv in the home but because Dan loves his tv I'm really out of options. Although I don't watch tv while he's at work, and usually I read for a few hours while he watches tv, and when I do watch tv I try to watch uplifting shows such as highway to heaven or little house on the prairie I know kinda lame but those shows make you feel good not icky.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
The answer is: Only if you let it harm you, only if you watch those programmes that put your down. I like watching nature documentaries and sports, it doesn't harm me.
Quote:
There is a trend that is talked about in the media about the dumbing down of America, anyway, the less well educated a people are, the more easily it is to take advantage of them, but if you don't fit that bill, hey, don't worry!
It's because your country is too religious.
Old 22-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
The answer is: Only if you let it harm you, only if you watch those programmes that put your down. I like watching nature documentaries and sports, it doesn't harm me.

Huh? put you down? What's that got to do with spirituality?

It's because your country is too religious.

Huh?

Well, at least now I know what my avatar should be>>>a monkey scratching its head and quizzical look on its face (let me be clear~from trying to figure out your answers, lol).

Old 22-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Scibat

Quote:

I'm fresh outa stamps, darn.

My statement holds true of spirituality -- At least in my opinion. Television only causes the harm that the individual allows it to, be that emotional, mental or spiritual. I think its been stated almost as long as TV existed that "Too much television rots your brain." I would imagine the same can be said of one's spirit as well, "Too much television rots your soul."