Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 17-01-2013, 09:43 PM
mouseyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I swam all my childhood, I couldn't get out of the pool I loved it so much.
I was trained by a former olympian swimmer who was good friends with my mom so I'm very comfortable in the water.
I swim about 2-3 miles a week depending on the time I have.
I do three strokes.....crawl, breaststroke and backstroke, I never was strong with butterfly so I don't even attempt it.
I find that every single muscle in my body is built, however as most swimmers so, I retain a bit of weight so I can float.
I also find if I don't swim for a while I start to have dreams of me swimming which means I need to go back swimming again.
I'm a cancer sun and cancer rising so maybe that's why I just love to swim.
I love the meditation of it because of the sound of the water splashing in my head just calms me down.
Spiritlite

I LOVE swimming ! i just found out a couple days ago that i taught myself how to swim . My mom told me when i was talking to her on the phone she told me i started swimming at the age of 5 without anyone teaching me i just knew on my own . I always loved the water and still do and also had a hard time getting out of it. When i see a big pool or a lake that is clean i get very tempted to go in it and swim. I also get very excited when im about to go into some deep water.I was always like this : )))
Old 17-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
No but I walk as a very productive form of meditation.
Swimming is such good exercise for your whole body.
Old 18-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Master
I used to swim laps religiously at 6am 5 days a week, in the morning for many many years.....but i haven't for quite awhile now.......it was relaxing, invigorating and slimming and strengthening......the best form of exercise in my opinion.........
Old 18-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Mr.Whitmore

The water is my thing.....only in the summer though. I really hate pools.

I can spend all day snorkeling.
Old 17-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Seeker

Swimming is excellent exercise. I wish I could do it more but my problem is simply not being able to tolerate the water. I get cold too easily.
Old 22-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Kenneath

HI Spiritlite,
I swim daily and like to say swimming is great sport to lead healthy and active lifestyle as swimming makes heart and lungs strong and prevent us from major health disease. Swimming makes shoulders, back, arms and hips muscles strong.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Softkitty83

I really enjoy doing the water workouts. I know it is different than swimming but I find it easier on my muscles.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Tara_Joy

I love to swim, and while the pool isn't my favorite (I prefer open water swimming), I will use it to train during the winter. I'd really like to try some long distance swimming in the future, and I usually average around 3-4 miles per week in the water. This weekend was my first time back in the open water this season, and it felt amazing!