Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-07-2011, 04:28 PM
surrendertotheflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Look up " the 100 monkey effect"

YES! Do as he says, I don't think I told it completely accurately, lol, but that's what I was talking about!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
That makes me wonder. How does all of this fit in with free will? That's the big question? If the 'Alpha and Omega,' The 'beginning' and the 'end.' The 'Here' and 'There' and 'Neither.' How this all does not interfere with free will? How all that works is amazing. I do not think 'Our' minds can interpret that. I've always wondered how 'Free Will' plays into this whole thing.

ah well, if all timelines are going on simultaneously it's already done deal in the future. "free will" is an illusion as far as i'm concerned. no matter what you chose to do it will be exactly what you were suppose to do to facillitate the self you are presently in the future. lol fun stuff!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:53 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
ah well, if all timelines are going on simultaneously it's already done deal in the future. "free will" is an illusion as far as i'm concerned. no matter what you chose to do it will be exactly what you were suppose to do to facillitate the self you are presently in the future. lol fun stuff!
Yeah, but we still "feel like we can do whatever we want to do at every given moment. We are free to do as will. Everything happens at the right time, or it might be all planned out ahead of time. Free will is not an illusion to me. Free will is real, otherwise we would not feel freedom of choice. It is not an illusion, but how everything happens at the right time at the right moment. That everything is planned out ahead of time before reincarnation. As far as I think I know from a book. We choose the circumstances of Our lives and the people we will meet ahead of time before reincarnation. But the in betweens, no. Free will. If free will is an illusion then so is Being, so is God and so is everything. Without freewill be would not Be. It goes against everything if freewill is an illusion. My interpretation is differ than your, but thanks for sharing.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:57 PM
surrendertotheflow

Quote:

ahhhh I love the free will paradox lol
Old 08-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Yeah, but we still "feel like we can do whatever we want to do at every given moment. We are free to do as will. Everything happens at the right time, or it might be all planned out ahead of time. Free will is not an illusion to me. Free will is real, otherwise we would not feel freedom of choice. It is not an illusion, but how everything happens at the right time at the right moment. That everything is planned out ahead of time before reincarnation. As far as I think I know from a book. We choose the circumstances of Our lives and the people we will meet ahead of time before reincarnation. But the in betweens, no. Free will. If free will is an illusion then so is Being, so is God and so is everything. Without freewill be would not Be. It goes against everything if freewill is an illusion. My interpretation is differ than your, but thanks for sharing.

moke? can you be other than yourself? if you managed to become someOne else would you not still be yourself as that someOne else? i mean, what real choice do you have other than to think, feel and behave as the self you are? change everything about yourself, change it all and you'd STILL be yourself changing it all, you'd STILL be the self that did the changing.

i understand that "free will" is an appealing illusion. it provides one with a sense of personal power. i just don't feel that power . i am that i am. **shrug** there's no "free will" in that fact.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:33 PM
moke64916

Quote:
moke? can you be other than yourself? if you managed to become someOne else would you not still be yourself as that someOne else? i mean, what real choice do you have other than to think, feel and behave as the self you are? change everything about yourself, change it all and you'd STILL be yourself changing it all, you'd STILL be the self that did the changing.

i understand that "free will" is an appealing illusion. it provides one with a sense of personal power. i just don't feel that power . i am that i am. **shrug** there's no "free will" in that fact.
You have a point. But even with Being as Self. We still think when we "CHOOSE TO". When being we feel total FREEDOM. Without free will, we would not feel this "freedom." You may be right, but right is not wrong or wrong is not right. It is neither. So your interpretation might be different than mine. Being we feel that Freedom, without free will of choice, we would be like robots. lol
Old 08-07-2011, 06:07 PM
surrendertotheflow

I think you're both right lol
Old 08-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Time

The 100 monkey effect is when a scientist learned that every 100 generations of monkey he studied, learned a certain trait that was an advantaged, and furthermore, ended up staying as an inharent trait ( liek breathing almost), after 100 "monkeys" or generations.

That is the super super super cut and dry version
Old 08-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
You have a point. But even with Being as Self. We still think when we "CHOOSE TO". When being we feel total FREEDOM. Without free will, we would not feel this "freedom." You may be right, but right is not wrong or wrong is not right. It is neither. So your interpretation might be different than mine. Being we feel that Freedom, without free will of choice, we would be like robots. lol

hmmm. well, i'm endeavoring to be a "surrendered soul" as i find my wild animal struggle to be "free" pointless and tedious. the poor thing is caught and caged in my Love for my People and there's no point in tormenting it with hopes of freedom any longer. i'll submit to the "will of God" and i'll Be whatever i must Be in order to fulfill whatever purpose i'm manifesting as a human to perform. i give in. i give up. i belong entirely to my Self, my Soul, my "God", my People ... to you.

what can i say? ... i Love you.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

But, there 'we' are, conscious and unique.. and your unique aspect of consciousness cannot know what my unique aspect of consciousness holds in the privacy of its mindscape..

Be well..
Yes diffidently, this is the illusion that is needed for our so called life to exists from the Source, but the truth is that all is Consciousness pretending to to be separate from Consciousness.